33 & Beyond: The Royal Art of Freemasonry (2017) Poster

Not really a documentary
mycannonball27 December 2021
This isn't really a documentary revealing the history of freemasonry. It's a lot of interviews with freemasons, and it feels more like a promotional piece. It's overall pretty boring.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A must have
dgrahamusmc5 August 2019
In the travels of life it is hard to express your joy in something you cant necessarily share with anyone. This film is a great representation.
1 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Freemason propaganda and recruitment 'doc'
etlatjcje24 July 2020
This is a 90 minute freemason propaganda and recruitment "documentary." It describes and explains freemasonry via interviews with freemasons. It comes off as a somewhat-informative advertisement for freemasonry, similar to what you might see produced for Transcendental Meditation or Scientology.
18 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent!
aaalchemist4 August 2019
Wonderful cinematography and music. A movie that will be enjoyed for many years and generations to come.
1 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best documentaries on Freemasonry available
mdwainwrightbozeman5 August 2019
I purchased this film when it first debuted and have shared it widely with both Masons and non-Masons. It was instrumental in helping my now wife better understand what it means to be a Mason, and the role of the Fraternity in my life, particularly as it demystifies Masonry's goals while at the same time treating the Fraternity with a high level of respect and integrity. Many (perhaps most) documentaries on this subject are written, directed, and produced by non-Masons, so their view of Masonry is incomplete and oftentimes sensationalist. Not so with this film. This is a film created by respected brothers, and features interviews with many of Masonry's "best and brightest" discussing their perspective on the Fraternity. Hence, here you will find the story of Masonry "straight from the horse's mouth." Highly recommended.
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The quintessential documentary on Freemasonry
geoffreyschumann5 August 2019
Johnny Roayl's 33 & Beyond: The Royal Art of Freemasonry pulls the veil aside, allowing everyone without, look within and the same, for those in the craft, a better understanding what only a select few understand.

Freemasonry has an ancient saying, "you get out of it, what you put into it." Most people never really understand the requirements and commitments, unless they too came from a family of Masons. There is so much work, memorization, learning that goes into your Blue Lodge degrees. Every young Mason should watch this film, as it is an eye-opener. I would say, of all the people interviewed here, I know 98% of them personally and their characters. I wish this were thought of and done years before. When some of the more stalwart older Masons, that have long since passed away. That their stories from a different time (most of them were from the greatest generation) could have been captured, in a similar forum.

This documentary is done in a unique fashion of storytelling. The visual actors on the stage are seen, but you never "see" anything spoken as they act out what is being described to you. The interviews are fascinating, as they range from Past Grand Masters of California to Master Masons alike.

As documentaries go, this truly is one of the most beautifully crafted films you'll ever see on the subject. Available in media and streaming. Makes a lovely gift for any Freemason, regardless of their age!
2 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Outstanding Freemason Documentary
Carlos-Alvarez9322 August 2020
It brings to light a fraternity that has been in the shadows for the last 300 years and gives us a candid inside look into the Ancient Fraternity.
2 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Only Jesus Christ can redeem mankind!
tipoilaumenton8 November 2021
Freemasons are foolishly seeking "the light", the "dynamo of life". Maybe they should learn the name of the deity they worship: Lucifer, the light-bearer!

No good men made it to Heaven, only men who confessed their sins to Jesus Christ and are born again from the spirit made it! There is only one way to Heaven and it is through the remission of our sins by our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! Be born again and be saved! Freemasonry is just a cesspool of ancient mystery schools, of kabbalah teachings, of hermetic teachings. Hermetic teachings were brought in this world by the Watchers on Mount Hermon when they descent to earth to take wifes amongst the humans. They bore giants or Nephilims. God passed judgement on those fallen angels and they are bound until their judgment.

This earth is around 6,000 years old and it was created with a firmament dome that bounds our dwellings. If you want to make it to Heaven, maybe you should seek Jesus Christ because no one can pierce through that firmament!

What about the Great Architect of the Universe? Well, Lucifer their "god" made himself this title and invented through his Jesuits priests this godless "universe" "out there". It is all fantasy! Freemasonry is under the greand jurisdiction of the Pope in Rome, that's the ultimate master they have to report to!

If you want to be saved, get out of that demonic trap that is Freemasonry!
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not a documentary
bernhardt-7022031 December 2021
This is an advertisement for freemasonry, not a documentary. I would go elsewhere for objective information, but this has value if you wish to watch interviews by current practitioners.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is terrible
wpkeany-960-54257818 November 2021
Watching right now and am trying to figure out the point of this. I have no beef with the masons, I was asked to join and even checked out building on 23rd in NYC if I remember. Fantastic building but there was no craftsmanship in this film. This so terribly banal...
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.