Apparition Hill (2016) Poster

Probably the Best Thing I've Ever Seen on Film
rschiwal27 October 2016
I have been following Medjugorje for more than 30 years. I've seen documentaries, exposés and reports; some trying to prove it, others quoting "experts" who haven't seen the inside of a church in decades or who have a vendetta against one or all the visionaries. This film does neither. It simply takes you there. It makes no arguments. I was most impressed with the sincerity, love and complete normalcy of everyone in the film. They talk about doubts, they talk about fears. They face severe troubles, they all grow in some way. I can't say more without giving away spoilers, but if you are not moved by this film, you should be checked for a pulse. Best. Documentary. Ever.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Give your soul a gift!
Rachel Padgen Eshkanian21 October 2016
You need only one thing to see this film and enjoy it- an open heart. I hosted this film and can say first hand, that the 200 people that viewed it came from many different spiritual places and religious views. And yet for 2 hours, we all undoubtedly experienced the universal message of love. Apparition Hill is more than a film, it is an experience. It takes you to the thin line between heaven and earth, that is Medjugorje. And not by a sermon or anything remotely preachy, but through the beating and vibrant hearts of people. People like you and I, believing and questioning, struggling and soaring. That is what makes this film beautifully done and impossible not to appreciate. But perhaps it's greatest achievement is the grace it grants with its hope for the entire world and the seeds it sows one person at a time.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The movie "Apparition Hill" will move you!!!
melissamaraist9 September 2016
I went to see "Apparition Hill" about Medjugorje on August 9, 2016, at Lake Cinema in Morgan City as it was not playing in the New Orleans area at the time. I was so excited about seeing this movie about others and their journey to Medjugorje. In May of 1993, I brought my 19 month old daughter to Medjugorje praying for healing of her severe brain damage caused by meningitis.

"Apparition Hill" was so much more than I could have ever imagined! Watching the journey of these 7 souls…their joys, sorrows and sufferings was so moving!

Believers or non-believers will be touched by this film. The movie "Apparition Hill" will move you! My desire has never been greater after seeing this movie to return to Medjugorje! The Blessed Mother is calling us to her Son in a profound way!

If you have questions about Medjugorje, this movie will answer those questions!!!
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Apparition Hill- a movie for everyone
bgeer-583571 June 2016
Sean tells an amazing story of seven strangers who travel to Medjugorje for the first time last summer. He films each of them before, during, and after their visit. Having only read of this place in Bosnia, I am now more interested than ever to visit this location. He chose both men and women, from different parts of the United States and Europe. Their beliefs varied from two non-believers to believers that wanted to understand their religion better. The story of Holly is both sad and enlightening. Her story truly shows the power of pray. It is a movie for everyone, regardless of beliefs. I can't wait to see it again! Go and see it, you won't be disappointed.
Beyond words!!!
tomeintx20 October 2016
I have now seen this film 4 times and each time it has been like the first time. Speaking from somebody who has been to Medjugorje three times in a bit more than one-year, this film allows viewers to experience only about 1/1,000 of the graces that are available by physically going there on a pilgrimage. Although this film has been rated PG- 13, do not think twice about bringing your older children with you to this film. I don't know how it is possible, but this film transcends both time and space. The presence of the Holy Spirit penetrates the bigscreen and can be felt by each member of the audience in one way or another. Sean Bloomfield and Cimela Kidonakis have outdone themselves!!! If you liked 'The Triumph', then you'll love Apparition Hill. Academy Award bound for sure!!! The music is hauntingly beautiful.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Authentic & Realistic
Sharon Fowle19 May 2017
The movie gave a realistic and more common demonstration of how we grow in faith. Planting the seed is just the beginning of a potentially long journey. Although this may seem somewhat redundant, one has to abide by 'post rules' and in this case i have to fill five lines. So...I have to keep going. Not quite there yet. I'm sure that's enough now. Thanks. OK. There we are now.
Wonderful
coropallo-9577819 February 2017
An entertaining and very well done presentation. BRAVO! It's deeply authentic, unforgettable; and as soul stirring as it is heartbreaking. Incredibly moving but never sentimental. Whether you're an atheist or true believer, you'll be riveted. Do not miss! (That's all that need be said. Less is more In this case. But silly software requires 5 lines. Oh well!)
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Incredible spiritual journey of a group of strangers
wpalcher14 January 2017
This is not a typical documentary, which can sometimes be rather dull. Instead, it takes us along with a group of strangers, each coming to Medjugorje for his or her own reasons. They were among many who applied for the opportunity to go on a two week visit to experience this place where visionaries are said to receive visions of Mary, the mother of Jesus, and to hear her words to humanity. The movie simply follows these people, whose faith varies from atheist to deeply Catholic, to see whether the experience of Medjugorje will have some type of impact on them. It is fascinating to see how each of this disparate group reacts to the experience, and by the end, as the group of strangers has become instead almost a family of sorts through sharing this journey, viewers will most likely feel like they have come to know and care about them, also. The only part I didn't care for was when pictures clipped from old movies or artwork flashed across the screen at a few different times during the movie. Those parts could have been cut in half and the oddest pictures left out. That was a very minor part of the movie, though. The actual story told was enthralling.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Inspirational the whole way through!
Catherine De Caro O'Hanlon23 December 2016
This was a beautiful movie, and I feel so blessed I was able to take my family to see it NYC! We all felt like we wanted to jump on the plane and go to this Holy site. I finished the book "My Heart Will Triumph" just days before we went to see the documentary. I would love to have the luxury to take such a trip. Thank you for making this film. I think it really connected my family closer in a very special way. My mom's friend had the opportunity to go a few years ago, for her family sent her. I remember how excited my mom was for her. I am truly hooked I think one day I might actually make it there! I remember my mom teaching me about all the different miracles sent from Mary in her many apparitions all around the world. It is truly a beautiful testament of one's faith to journey to this Holy site.
Awesome
richvanschaik28 October 2016
aLet's keep it simple. It made me a believer. Watching the transformations on screen is an event in itself. I have been to Medjugorge, and the film is true to the essence of the place.

The movie is true to the experiences of the folks there. It may stir you magically inside. Seeing the film may put you on a plane. You owe it to yourself to experience all of this. A once-in-a-lifetime journey. Your inner world may be turned inside out. And that is great. You may look at life from an entirely new level. The world is beautiful, down to the intense details of it. Go see the movie, then go see the reality. Do it.