Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation (2018) Poster

Fun for whole family
zeenahspirit15 July 2018
I loved this film. It's funny and creative. Kept my daughter (9.5) captivated. She just had to call Grandma afterward to tell her all about it.
83 out of 117 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointed
Zingbot_90005 August 2018
No where near as good as the first two movies. You've seen the ads you've seen the movie. As Drac would say other than Drac the other characters are blah. On top that saw it in 3D and there were zero 3D effects. Felt they phoned it in on this one. Also upset cuz we saw this over Ant-man. Mediocre as they come.
41 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best of the franchise
maurodc20 July 2018
Hotel Transylvania is not one of my favorite animated sagas and the first two were funny and entertaining, but completely average. And my expectations for this one weren't too high.

But then I realized that I started laughing hard within the first 5 minutes of it, and I was more surprised every minute of how good it was. The characters are lovely and the script is very well done and heart-warming, and it keeps you laughing all the time.

I never thought I would enjoy this movie so much. I highly recommend it to watch it with your family and kids, and if you're an adult you'll love it as well. Totally worth of your time.

Enjoy!

86 out of 127 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If you loved the previous two you're going to love this one as well...
BatmanFunReviews201816 July 2018
While on a vacation with his family, Count Dracula makes a romantic connection. Hotel Transylvania is probably one of the most underrated animated franchises i have ever seen in my life. And once again they nailed it with Part 3, such a total blast with lots of great humor but also great messages for both kids and their parents too. I love the chemistry between Erica and Dracula it was so adorable and romantic plus once again the animation was just brilliant. If you truly enjoyed the other 2? You're going to love this one as well if not? Watch something else or just wait for Mission Impossible 6. (A+)
77 out of 113 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nothing special.
gillgarro6 August 2018
Sometimes films have deeper meanings to them and adult jokes throughout, but this one certainly didnt. I (20yr) went with my 8yr old sister who enjoyed it but wasn't raving about it. We went to see the Incredibles 2 earlier this month which was much better than this. However, if you're looking for a nice PG film to keep the kids entertained during the summer than this movie is what you're looking for.
33 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
El Macarena
hott_kitty_moew2 July 2018
I watched this movie on June 30th, Amazon Prime Member. My kids and myself. Enjoyed this movie. A very cute summer movie. I believe this movie is just for kids and adults! Kids humor were they understand. I heard so many kids laughter and engaged to the movie. Not even a cry, not even loud remarks or playing with some sort of toy/phone. I will be back to watch this on the 14th of July!. It's a good movie for the whole family. Bleh Bleh Bleh!
88 out of 134 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Missed the mark
bromilowjames13 September 2018
Visually great, fun music, entertaining concept, talented cast and yet I don't remember laughing out loud. Not even once.
28 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not the Same
axgameboy15 September 2018
I Feel as If Hotel Transylvania 2 Was Not the Same Mostly At All. I feel Like it didn't have such Good Character development, Like it felt much Sillier than The Other 2. Worst of all, it Felt Like it was Lazily Made.
31 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A fun, harmless movie
jpalsemail13 July 2018
I'm surprised to see negative reviews (and I'm a pretty critical person). I thought it was fun for both my son and myself. There wasn't any humor or plot line I worried about as a parent, it was fun to watch, engaging, the humor made both of us laugh and I just love the characters. There were some moments that particularly cracked me up. It was a great time and a nice way to spend 90 minutes with my family.
62 out of 95 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Now you can not only Rickroll somebody but also Macarena somebody
gaaraati13 July 2018
This movie was the best of the franchise. I sincerely readjusted my thoughts of the whole series.
60 out of 94 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love
abcvision18 July 2018
The monsters are back. This time the patriarch Count Dracula is seeking love and companionship. He is lonely. After unsuccessful attempt in seeking a partner on the inter web he discovers a love interest in the beautiful Captain of a holiday cruise ship. A love tale of hope and love, this sweet story showcases how life is too short, even if you have eternal life and to live alone in a sea of strangers. I loved it and it made me believe in happily ever after regardless if things work out as planned. Dr Wilson Triviño
55 out of 86 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
too hyperactive and less substance.
jimmycoffin-751-21285317 September 2018
I really like the first two movies. they are charming and has a nice flow. But Transylvania 3 is more of a display of hyperactive animation. How can every character move in the most annoying ways and every clip is fast-paced that it reminds me more of a looney toon show. I had to turn off after 10 minutes so my opinion doesnt really matters that much but the first movies didnt have that effect. i was glued to the screen. I,m a cinema fanatic so I notice very fast when quality drops. and the beginning was so ridculous and bad that it problably sets the tone for whats to come. This time I judge a movie before even having watched it through. you just know this will be bad.
29 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good Kid Movie
johnfarmer-2038214 July 2018
Good children's movie.

Pretty much as advertised. I wish the secondary characters got more screen time.
49 out of 77 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Entertaining family film with distinctive animation style and wonderful voice acting
rannynm9 July 2018
Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation is an entertaining animated film filled with unique creativity. Wonderful voice acting and a distinctive animation style separate this from the majority of animated films. This is sure to be a worthwhile watch for all families.

The movie follows Dracula (Adam Sandler) as his boring hotel business and lack of love continue to bring him down. Wanting to bring back his joy, daughter Mavis (Selena Gomez) surprises Dracula and the rest of his best friend-monster pack with an adventurous monster cruise. Initially angered by this, Dracula slowly begins enjoying himself and even finds a new crush in the mysterious yet charming cruise captain Ericka (Kathryn Hahn). However, things take a left turn when former nemesis Abraham Van Helsing (Jim Gaffigan) hunts the cruise, threatening the lives of all monsters aboard.

Adam Sandler, as Dracula, is my favorite character as his transformation to being his old adventurous self is well-presented. His love for his daughter and kind acceptance of humans also provide for a nice central message. Selena Gomez, as Mavis, continues to shine by providing an equally strong father-daughter bond with Dracula. Kevin James, as Frankenstein, greatly presents a dumbfound friend to Dracula whose deteriorating body assures for some inventive comedy. Steve Buscemi, as Wayne/Wolfman, regales with his signature voice highlighting the character's parenting struggles with his many cubs. David Spade, as Griffin/Invisible Man, equally entertains despite not having a corporeal form. Last but not least, Keegan Michael-Kay, as Murray/ Mummy, completes the pack with his unique, child-like nature. Kathryn Hahn, as Ericka, adeptly portrays her mysterious past and interesting attraction for Dracula. Jim Gaffigan, as Abraham Van Helsing, exhibits a new take on the legend monster hunter.

Genddy Tartakovsky brings out his zany and fast-paced direction in new ways. In spite of that, this is nowhere as memorable and groundbreaking as his other works, such as Samurai Jack and Dexter's Laboratory. My favorite scene is the opening one which quickly introduces us to the Dracula-Van Helsing rivalry and sets the stage for a grand adventure. The biggest flaw in the movie is that some of the humor comes across as farcical and this could dissuade adults from watching. Also, the plot is rather one-note and forgettable, especially when compared to the standard of Tartakovsky's other work.

The movie's message is to never discriminate against a person based on their looks and instead, appreciate them for who they are. I give this film 4 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 6 to 18.

Reviewed by Arjun N., KIDS FIRST! Film Critic. For more reviews by youth, visit kidsfirst dot org.
53 out of 84 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful
sarahcarter-5714320 August 2018
We as a family loved the first two films but this was boring bland and not at all funny the "jokes" fell flat and seemed forced not one person in the cinema laughed all through the film don't waste your time seeing this film
34 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
not funny
piamantey30 August 2018
This is a really poor slapstick comedy. - The story is boring and predictable with mostly flat and unfunny jokes. The only good thing is the proven distinctive animation. But that's the minimum we can expect of a 80 million dollar production.
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Total fun for all!!!!
lizaf119 July 2018
Hotel Transylvania 3 is a delight! If you're a fan, you will love it. Humor is spot on and Adam Sandler created a movie with a fun feel. Must see!
40 out of 65 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So cute!
jlt-155-4759841 July 2018
I saw this early (June 30) as an Amazon Prime member (cool perk btw), and thought it was super cute. Not quite as good as the first two but still great movie for kids and adults. All the same voice actors as in the first two films. Same witty humor. Overall great summer flick!
41 out of 69 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Predictable but Very Funny
claudio_carvalho30 September 2018
When the lonely Count Dracula goes on vacation with Mavis, his family and monster friends on the cruise ship Legacy, he immediately falls in love with the human Captain Ericka. However the mysterious woman has a secret that may jeopardize Dracula, his family and the other monsters. Who is Captain Ericka?

"Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation" is another funny animation of this successful franchise. This time with a predictable romance between Dracula and a woman. In-between, lots of confusions and funny situations with the monsters. My vote is seven.

Title (Brazil): "Hotel Transilvânia 3: Férias Monstruosas!" ("Hotel Transylvania 3: Monstrous Vacation")
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hotel Transylvania 3 Review: Hate To Be The Elephant In The Room, But... I Don't Like It
wolfboi-6461428 September 2018
Okay, here's how the story goes: On July 14th (the day after it premiered by the way), I went to Landmark Cinemas (which is just a 10-minute drive from a mall where my brother is shopping at) to see Hotel Transylvania 3, and - sorry to be the elephant in the room but I need to say it - I don't like it. Yes, You heard me, I don't like it.

So our movie starts off with a flashback of The Drac Pack (let's just call the group Dracula & the Boys 'cause it sounds more funny) fighting off arch-nemesis Van Helsing, then we randomly cut to a wedding (Wait, didn't we already have one in the 2nd movie?) and Dracula is in need of a girlfriend (a plot that should've worked better for the whole movie), and out of nowhere, Dracula & the Boys and the other monsters go on a cruise ship, Yeah, unfunny and pointless scenes aside, We have many forced subplots that had little-to-no point of the plot, one of which is about some confusing romance with Dracula and Ericka (the daughter of an immortal Robo-Van Helsing, not a spoiler though, It's confusingly revealed in a trailer), And then we end off with Dracula & the boys defeating the Kraken with... The Macarena of all things, Yeah... Let that soak in your mind for a little bit. (oh yeah there's a marriage with Dracula and Ericka too while you're at it)

You know, I actually liked the first two movies, but this is just a boring movie to watch, Sure, I wasn't expecting a movie like The Lion King but I am not a big fan of movies that has little-to-no plot, Wait, crazy? Who, me? What kind of person would even be crazy during a movie that has A FINAL BATTLE WITH THE MACARENA PLAYING OVER IT!?!? I'M FINE, THOMAS, I'M FINE!!! It's not only one of those movies that doesn't entertain me, But it's the laziest movie I've ever watched! (Even "Who Killed Captain Alex?" has a good kind of lazy that "Hotel Transylvania 3" doesn't have.) And I ACTUALLY saw this before seeing Ant-Man and the Wasp! (I recommend watching it, Also, did you know that the ending took place during Avengers: Infinity War?) Well I mean, if Thanos can snap his fingers during Ant-Man and the Wasp, Why not use the snap on animated movies like the godawful Hotel Transylvania 3? ("Grandpa Vlad, I don't feel so good...")

Overall, I give this movie a 3/10, Save your money for something more enjoyable for your children like Incredibles 2 or - surprisingly - The Teen Titans Go! Movie or more alternatively when it comes out on Redbox. (Please don't make me disappointed, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse...)

Well, hey, At least the granola cookies I ate can improve my experience a little.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just a fun time
jwwalrath-227-8548718 July 2018
Though the film lacks the emotional backbone and steadier plot of the first one, I found this to be genuinely fun makes up for the lackluster and slightly mean-spirited second film.

The main plot in this is a little predictable. Not bad, just obvious. But, this film is more about the journey than the destination. The installment is more segmented, following the many, many monsters in their own storylines. This is actually to HT3's benefit. The main emphasis here is humor and they mine the heck out of it. Think of HT3 as more of a series of Saturday morning cartoon/Looney Tunes-style skits.

Director and animation veteran Gendy Tartakovsky, ups his game with his unique style of distinctive animation and fluidity of movement. (Again a very old-school cartoon-style.) The new character Ericka, the captain of the ship, is especially impressive in the sheer amount of detail given to her various facial expressions and body motions. The characters remain distinctive-looking and colorful. The cruise ship setting really pays off with the different attractions the characters visit are visually arresting.

The movie also solves the previous villain problems of the last two films. Rather than have a shoehorned in villain who appears briefly and feels more like an afterthought, we finally have villains who appear throughout and are actually vital to the plot.

There are two little weak spots to the film for me. First, there's Ericka's chin. It's just a little too pointy and oddly angled for its own good. Second, the movie gives children the misguided message that love exists immediately at first sight.

Again, this may not be a Pixar/Disney level movie but is entertaining in its own little way.
23 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
better Than the 2nd
minecraftgravityyt1 July 2018
Fun and funny movie good for the whole family some thing for everyone to enjoy
35 out of 65 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Still funny
After three films you expect the laughs to stop with this franchise. Totally wrong, plenty of laughs in this film and plenty to have in the future. The true stars of the film are the Wayne and his family, they just are so funny, the childcare scene is the best and the line about being lock up for two week tranquillised is so so funny. Family film that keeps giving.
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Need a Good Laugh After Seeing This
ShelbyTMItchell31 July 2018
Dracula that has shown to be a provider and protector of people of his kind from werewolves, mummies, etc. As you will get a bit of back history as why he opened his hotel and why he has not remarried.

But his daughter Mavis will take over the role of protective parent instead. As she tries to get father to be on a vacation of his own after over 100 years of asking for nothing in return as the hotel is his life. On a cruise there.

He is reluctant but decides that everybody else that works there wants a break. But his frown turns upside down when the cruise captain Erika peaks his interest. Who is holding her own secret

And we see that the family of Van Helsing that has been haunting monsters to prove they are bad. As it goes back generations after generations. As someone is hiding on the ship as we get a bit of a chase before the cruise.

Also that Dracula is falling in love as he is afraid to without trying to not offend the memory of his deceased wife or Mavis' mother, now with her own family of husband Johnny and son Dennis.

Best of the three in the series.
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Drac Pack at sea... Pretty good but something more than a trip
Bulldog172127 July 2018
Hotel Transylavania has been one of my favorite franchises to come out of Hollywood since Toy Story. The way this third one is done can really be summarized in two words.. LOVE BOAT

Let me put it this way, This more of a love story than the kids can dissect from this movie. Sure its wacky and just plain fun, but really, its more of less a movie that could be described as the "Toy Story 3" of 2018.

By that i mean, its got a good story line and the characters really show their colors in this movie. But, it kinda drags a bit with this one and the jokes were kinda uncanny.

But, its still a watch for the family to see. Let me just point out something, watch the first two before this one!!!! 9/10
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.