Romans (2017) Poster

(2017)

From someone who knows
c-bevan26 April 2018
An excellent movie about a very sad and disturbing subject. Orlando Bloom's performance was so well done I believed every look and sound of his character. There are so many people who are in need of help in this world. My hope is that this movie will help make a change, somewhere.
22 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Powerful watch
rorynolan21 July 2018
I watched this film while in Poland and was unexpectedly blown away. Orlando Bloom gives the performance of his career with another sterling supporting performance from Alex Ferns. At times this film is challenging to watch as the lead character is dealing with the repercussions of sexual abuse, however it is a subject matter that begs to be addressed and is dealt with exceptionally well.
17 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
See it for Orlando Bloom's performance
hampersnow-2890516 August 2018
It must be awful to be an actor and get offered one silly Hollywood project after another. Most Hollywood drivel doesn't even seem to require any real acting, so to watch this small movie, filled with excellent performances and to watch Orlando Bloom give an Oscar worthy performance was a real treat, even though the film itself , dealing with the subject of child sexual abuse is not an easy subject to watch. The film is not perfect, but the performances are top notch and Bloom is flawless as the tortured soul dealing with what his life has become. He is not someone I usually watch since he makes movies that don't interest me, but his performance is outstanding , completely believable and heartbreaking. There is not one moment in which he appears to be acting. A very well done movie, but a must see for anyone who loves top-notch acting.
10 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Orlando Bloom Was Intense
cj_delia12 March 2019
This is an incredibly topical film with all that has come to light over the last couple of decades. Orlando Bloom was incredible in this part. He holds your full attention from start to finish and has no trouble portraying the full scope of emotions his character is dealing with. This film deserves to be seen by a much wider audience than it's limited release will grant it.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If thy enemy hunger. Feed him.
nogodnomasters1 August 2018
Malcolm (Orlando Bloom) was abused as a tween by a priest. He has relationship issues, anger management issues, sexual issues, and rage. He works in destruction. He is destroying St. Michael's when he espies the priest that molested him. This sets him off.

That is pretty much the story, watching Orlando Bloom cope and stick a pole up his butt. His job as being destructive was I suppose symbolic, but not developed.

Romans refers to Romans 12: 20. The Buddhist monk ending was hokey.

Guide: F-word, sex, nudity.
5 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Important movie but chance missed Warning: Spoilers
This story is so important. The topic is brandnew even if it's about an old story, repeating itself every day for ages. And then they got Orlando Bloom for the main part. I thought this was a brilliant move but how wrong was I. I didn't believe him once moment. His face shows different expressions but to me it was like watching someone training his face muscles. There was no emotion to see. Same with James Smillie. No good facial expression either. So I assume this is due to poor directing. Only the end of the movie could have been some reconciliation. But then it ends with another child who's soul gets hurt for the rest of life. Maybe this shocking end should heave the level of this movie, but it didn't. If they would have had Collin Firth in the main part, this movie could have been a diamond but so it's just another movie which will be fast forgotten.
2 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.