Camino a Marte (2017) Poster

There is only one cool thing about this movie: the location
ldanielalducin7 December 2017
I do not know who thought this movie was a good idea, it is terrible. It does not have a good story, it does not have a good cast, it does not have great music, the only cool thing about this movie are the locations, awesome Mexican paradises.

Being honest I just went to the cinema cause this was a Mexican movie so I wanted to help the cinema industry in the country but how can we support it if you deliver really poor content like this.

I do not know who your target was but certainly it was not made for cinema lovers. Also the movie is tagged as Sci-Fi, come on ... maybe it just for the title because in the movie everything is a joke.

I am really disappointed of this movie, sad but true.
9 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A well paced indie kind of story for exquisite viewers
varijocol12 August 2018
I loved it. It's an interesting friendship story with splendid characters who portray both characteristics of an indie film: raw inspirational settings and original profiles. It's an uncommon but unconventional subject for a latin film.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tries to go somewhere, but doesn't make it easy for every movie-goer
durtalique14 December 2017
I'll get this out of the way: It was about euthanasia and the feelings associated with it. (IMHO)

BEGIN SPOILERS: The movie presents the premise through a journey. It starts with the protagonist yearning to be free and go out of the hospital, back to her past life. She makes the clear purpose to burn bridges and get to her final destination to die. Her friend represents her family and people close to her that don't want to let her die.

What about the dude? Well, he's a clean slate of contemplation. He's the outsider looking in. He tries to help both of the girls coping with death and letting go, enjoying just the present. END SPOILERS:

I believe that the movie is quite slow-paced and can make most people anxious or feeling that nothing is going on. And I agree. It does feel quite stretched. Camila Sodi's performance seems quite limited; and her "norteña" accent can be distracting. Luis Gerardo performs ok, but the role wasn't all that difficult for someone with his experience. That leaves us with Tessa's performance, which is the best among the three.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Mexican Film in these last years so far
guapo_andres18 August 2018
Seriously, you need to watch this charming, sweet and lovely Sci-Fi Road Trip film about 2 girls, one of them sick that make this journey around Baja California to the special place, but they have to meet Mark, a guy who says he is an Alien and the world is gonna finish. With a really good cast, good script and well photography & plus that final twist, this movie shows us that mexican films can still be good
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wasted Time
hugo-4825717 August 2018
Bad story, bad acting. The places are awesome but really ,this movie is a waste of time and money
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.