The Shasta Triangle (2019) Poster

Really Good
susan-46313 January 2020
I was surprised by how good this one. Low budget, indie, ya kinda take your chances. Strong female characters -- how often do you see that? Some crisp writing and lots of fun. Well done. Looking for more from the folks behind this one.
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So this is art when you don't have 10million dollar budget !!!!
mbdkmobile11 December 2019
So right off the bat... the story had me. I wanted to know more about what was going on. At no pint could I have walked away and NOT cared about the ending. It had interest , back story, layers, and some amazing cinematography, I can't get the back words moving snail out of my head for some reason ?!?

Anyways , is this a somewhat indie film, and does it have a lowish budget vibe?? Yes, yes it does. But, it's kind of what made me love it more. You can almost feel the passion from the creators who are just trying to get some idea in their heads into the heads of others.

The amazing filming and beautiful direction of these charters draw you in. You can't leave this film till the end, you need to know!!

Thank you to the film makers and daring actors willing to put themselves out there and be vulnerable, it has inspired me to be as brave!

I'll definitely be watching it again! Thanks for the entertainment.
Stylish Movie
bob-934707 December 2019
Came across this movie and really enjoyed it. Cool visuals and an interesting premise. I wanted to see more - hopefully the filmmakers will produce a sequel or a prequel to build the universe!
14 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Indie beauty at it's best! Ley lines, Darpa and more...
saltspringhippy6 December 2019
I just finished watching the Shasta Triangle, and, as I do with all films that leave me thinking, I went to the internet to see what other people were saying. I like to get a second opinion and see how far I am off the mark from what others think. I came here, to IMDB and couldn't believe some of the negative reviews. I wonder if those people saw a different movie! Or if they were expecting a hundred million dollar production? It's an Indie film people! Treat it as such. Respect it as such. I saw a quote by Marquel Plavan which put it best. "The thing that makes an indie film special is that it is uniquely born out of the creative vision of a director (or team of directors), who most of the time, write, direct, and produce the film all on their own. They shape the story, cast the characters, film with a low budget, well, everything, and end up creating something truly beautiful and artistically brilliant." I couldn't agree more and this sums up what I love most about this film. Knowing that the team who wrote and produced the film, also starred in it, edited it, and put their love, sweat and tears into it, to me, makes all the different in the world to how I take in a movie.

That said, one of the things that first got me interested in the film in the first place was the trailer. It showed me enough to know that I wanted more. I love anything dealing with the para-psychological; ghosts, aliens, conspiracy theories and more. I can't get enough of them. So, maybe that skewed my opinion in favor of the film, I don't know. But I have to say, this film makes a brave attempt at touching as many of those theories as possible. Blending them together to make you realize that they're not different theories at all, just different sides of the same coin. Brilliantly done! I also find that the cast choices are fantastic and really chosen well for their respective roles. Great to see an all female cast in a Sci-Fi/Fantasy movie. Nice cinematography and locations as well.

For those of you who left comments saying that they didn't understand the movie, I would suggest watching it again (and again if that what it takes). The movie starts out with lots of questions, but slowly the answers are all revealed and everything makes sense in the end. I don't want to talk about the film itself, I'd rather you just watch it and judge for yourselves. I'd never heard of Mount Shasta California before the movie, but I think now I might just have to visit!
14 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
More women in film please
sam-valentine28 December 2019
Yes, this is an indie film. Yes, it is a mirco-budget film. And yes, these folks made something special regardless! I love anything made from a crew who loves what they do, and the full female cast is just so refreshing.
16 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Indie beauty at it's best! Ley lines, Darpa and more...
saltspringhippy8 December 2019
Text: I just finished watching the Shasta Triangle, and, as I do with all films that leave me thinking, I went to the internet to see what other people were saying. I like to get a second opinion and see how far I am off the mark from what others think. I came here, to and couldn't believe some of the negative reviews. I wonder if those people saw a different movie! Or if they were expecting a hundred million dollar production? It's an Indie film people! Treat it as such. Respect it as such. I saw a quote on by Marquel Plavan which put it best. "The thing that makes an indie film special is that it is uniquely born out of the creative vision of a director (or team of directors), who most of the time, write, direct, and produce the film all on their own. They shape the story, cast the characters, film with a low budget, well, everything, and end up creating something truly beautiful and artistically brilliant." I couldn't agree more and this sums up what I love most about this film. Knowing that the team who wrote and produced the film, also starred in it, edited it, and put their love, sweat and tears into it, to me, makes all the different in the world to how I take in a movie.

13 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Sci-Fi!
nancyfr9618 December 2019
Great story with believable characters, and a wicked ending. Don't believe the reviews here from men who have a problem with women in a sci-fi movie. This is a really good movie that is family friendly and well put together. If you like The Twilight Zone, you'll like this too. Thanks for the very cool ride!
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Interesting concept, beautifully shot
hollystanford14 December 2019
I found the concept of this film to be very interesting, and despite some reviews on vfx, for it being what I assume is a micro budget indie with a sub $250k budget, they're pretty good. The camera work was really beautiful, especially the drone shots which provide an expansive feeling to the forest setting. I'd like to see what could be done with this story on a budget it deserves, and see how the character development could also expand in that arena, as I was hungry to understand the father-daughter dynamic more than the friendships between the primary and secondary characters. I feel that with a longer story and runtime aligned with most features (perhaps 90 minutes), some key plot points could have been further clarified and developed. Overall, I think it was a great microbudget effort and could see this on SyFy.
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great watch
sherifjessica5 December 2019
Great film! Scary and unsettling, with a great cast of strong, opinionated and diverse characters. Very well made for a micro budget and super short shooting schedule!
17 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great SciFi movie!
thebandyuca4 December 2019
I am a sucker for anything sci-fi + thriller so really enjoyed this movie right from the start. I loved the story, the scenery and loved it was an all women cast! The Shasta Triangle definitely takes indie films to the next level and I love that. Well done!!
19 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really surprised!!!
chrisasaurus-14 December 2019
I don't love low budget sci-fi flicks cause they usually just let you down with shoddy FX and failed attempts at cinematic moments but- Not this flick! This film has an incredible emotional center, Some damned solid acting and moments that just draw you in. I can't recommend it enough. Sure it is lower budget but you never even notice when the story takes over. It's films like this that got me excited about cinema when I was young. Little movies that could and this film really CAN! I cannot recommend this film enough.
19 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Loved this Movie!
pringlemenow5 December 2019
As a woman who likes watching people like myself in movies I am really happy to finally see one with a diverse group if girls getting all science fictiony! Yay! Thanks for making this!
16 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Female Driven SciFi - Yes!
davefordwich4 December 2019
Its about time for a scifi movie with woman getting it done! I like how the story unfolded slowly then pulled you right in. Great stuff!
16 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved it!
simplegtonk6 December 2019
Big budget? No. Great movie? Yes! I like seeing something that isn't a bunch of superheros flying around a story with no plot. Here are 5 real people fighting something crazy in the woods. Its awesome! Watch it!
Rock On!
phillist106 December 2019
Loved this movie and finally one with lots of women!! About time and what an ending. Clearly some scifi trolls on here who appear to be men who are confused by women in a science fiction movie. Get used to it boys, were not going anywhere! If you're female and like scifi thrillers you'll dig this movie. (I'm sure most boys will love it too!)
Very Cool!!!
rydermehard6 December 2019
If you like your scifi smart and served up by great acting and cinematography, this movie is for you. What they may have lacked in budget they make up for with what I have to say is a very cool concept that I Loved! Check it out!
13 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great cast with an interesting concept!
marchampson6 December 2019
The film opens like we're about to embark on a classic X-Files episode mixed with Stargate SG-1 and it delivers on that tone. Some great moments for lovers of indie SciFi films.
15 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun, but complex low-budget sci-fi thriller!
brianrodda5 December 2019
If I'm not mistaken, this is the first feature by Barry W. Levy and Helenna Santos, and what a solid effort it is for fans seeking female driven storytelling in the sci-fi genre.

Solid performances all around by the ensemble cast of strong female performers. It felt like a mashup of ET meets Blair Witch Project meets The Fifth Element...so yeah, a bit complex, but fun. And yeah, I was genuinely surprised by the twist at the end. Didn't really see it coming.

Oh, and some really nice DP work and gorgeous forrest scenes as well.

Looking forward to the next feature from these folks.
More Please!
paula_rhodes5 December 2019
This team delivered a fun female-driven scifi with a timeline and budget that proves they can work magic. I loved seeing such a solid diverse cast of women on screen, esp in this genre where it's still rare. Kudos to all involved, I look forward to seeing their future storytelling endeavors. You have a fan in me.
Solid SciFi!
montanarocks664 December 2019
Ive been waiting for a scifi film that isn't full of a bunch of guys running around with guns or whatever. This really made me think and the actresses were all excellent. Didnt see that ending coming either. Good movie!
15 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome SciFi Movie with Women!
Sallymcbride214 December 2019
I don't know what these other reviews are talking about. This movie is intelligent, keeps you guessing, and I didn't expect the twists at the end! So, it's an indie movie and probably has a lower budget but oh well. I really enjoyed this movie and there are so few genre films like this with a group of diverse women in the lead roles. The 5 women who drive this story are great and have complex relationships like we all do. Well done!
20 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun movie for science fiction fans!
tonymrgls454 December 2019
Heard about this movie from a friend so thought I'd check it out. I love science fiction and this movie was really good! I watch pretty much every new thing that comes out and I really dug how this movie deals with dimensional stuff. Fun movie!
18 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good solid Movie
robertmonahan534 December 2019
Really great science fiction movie that had a good heart and made me think. Nice to see something original.
16 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really Good Scifi Thriller!
bendertim684 December 2019
I dont usually write reviews on stuff but i really liked seeing a movie that had great women in roles that are just like people i know. its also a scifi movie which i love and I really think the concept behind this one is very cool and i've never seen one like it before. i'd like to see more. great job.
Scifi that is Smart!
donnymcding4 December 2019
Wasn't sure if a movie with 5 women in the woods would work for me, especially a scifi one but this really works. Good believable characters I felt like I knew and the story was original and surprising. I recommend it.