The "Most Anticipated Indian Movies and Shows" widget tracks the real-time popularity of relevant pages on IMDb, and displays those that are currently generating the highest number of pageviews on IMDb.
Each title is ranked according to its share of pageviews among the items displayed. Pageviews for each item are divided by the aggregate number of pageviews generated by the items displayed.
A simple body builder's life took an unexpected turn when he became a model by his beloved . When five men made his life 'better from hell' then story proceeds by how a disabled man took revenge from them in a very gore ways.
Arumugham (Vikram) is an uneducated, good hearted, helpful village hick. Easwari (Jyothika) is his childhood friend. A chemical factory in the village pollutes the local river and when all ... See full summary »
Vikram is a remarkable driver, who is able to do the incredible in just ten seconds. He is a complete stranger that his name remains unknown even to his close associates. As he is a transporter, he prefers to introduce himself with different names like James Bond, Kamal Haasan, Mani Ratnam. When Vikram meets Shakeela (Samantha), his life turns upside down as she is wanted by the most deadly terrorists in Uttarkhand. Why are they in search for her? Will Vikram save her life?Written by
The UK theatrical release was censored; in order to obtain a 12A classification (the uncut version was rated 15). The distributor chose to remove detail of strong violence (sight of a severed human limb and focus on a man's bleeding wrist after a knife attack). See more »
If you ask me, I should have probably walked in just in time for the second half of the movie. Of course, I wouldn't have understood all that much, but anyway.
I will be dividing this review into two parts everywhere. The first half and the second half!
1. Direction - First half - It was crude, slapstick and down right boring. Right from the beginning fast and furious like sequence all the way to the intermission, it was a drag. Samantha down right got on my nerves. So much so, I wished to god I could slap her right across the screen. Second half - The direction was pretty much the same. Bad sequences and badly down fights. Of course, one thing that always amazes me is how Indian cinema forgets blood. A guy will be hit right across his face with a sharp object and when he falls to the floor, there will be no blood around him!
2. Writing - First half - Puts you to sleep! Second half - Perks up a bit. The story finally stars unraveling. And the plot starts making sense.
3. Acting - Vikram - Wasn't exceptional. Was just like any other tamil actor. Trying to act cool and macho with his lame jokes. Trying to take on way more bad guys than he can deal with etc etc.
Samantha - This girl blew me away. She is the sole reason I enjoyed the second half of the movie and the sole reason I am rating it a thumping 8. Her acting as the usual dumb damsel in distress wasn't exceptional. But in the second half when she rose as the warrior princess of the clan, my god, I was really impressed. She did herself and the tamil cinema proud. I hope she gets to act in more domineering roles like that rather than the usual mousy ones women are always subject to.
4. CGI - Forget it. It was so boring, it was like a bad video game.
5. Sound - Irrespective of what the public says, I quite liked the sound track and the song sequences.
Bottomline - If you are a guy looking for "hot masala" this movie is not for you. If you are a woman who believe in women empowerment, go for the second half.
0 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this