Danger & Eggs (TV Series 2015–2017) Poster

(2015–2017)

A wonderful series cut short before its time
bhermann-4060831 March 2020
In this short-lived series, D. D. Danger goes on adventures with her friend named Phillip, a talking egg, encountering problems and issues along the way, whether inside the city park or outside. The themes of acceptance, growing up, family connection, and much more are present in this series which has a wide-range of LGBTQ representation unlike any other show. As such, I happily give this show a rating of 10.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fantastic
mybestdefense9 November 2015
This show was such an unexpected gem for me. Aidy Bryant nails it as DD and the show's bright color and art brought back memories of shows full of schemes and situational bizarre/physical comedy like Ed, Edd, and Eddy or Dexter's Lab but with more modern humor surreal and otherworldly style from current shows like Adventure Time, etc.

The characters were introduced well, but it's hard to get a sense of them fully with just one episode out. I like the dynamic set up between the thrill seeking of DD and the difficulty and fear of Philip. I really hope this one gets picked up, but it's up to the Amazon Gods from here...
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nobody else is doing what Danger and Eggs does
callpow9 September 2017
This show has nuanced, interesting characters with complex relationships while still managing to be compelling for children and adult audiences. The story does diversity in such a natural and uplifting style that we need right now. Not to mention the show has plenty of lore to start unpacking.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.