The story follows a mother of two who inherits a home from her aunt. On the first night in the new home, she is confronted with murderous intruders and fights for her daughters' lives. ... See full summary »
1920, rural Ireland. Anglo Irish twins Rachel and Edward share a strange existence in their crumbling family estate. Each night, the property becomes the domain of a sinister presence (The ... See full summary »
A young man and his three younger siblings, who have kept secret the death of their beloved mother in order to remain together, are plagued by a sinister presence in the sprawling manor in which they live.
Sergio G. Sánchez
Mary, a new mother, gives birth to twins, but only one of them is alive. While taking care of her living child, Adam, she suspects that something, a supernatural entity, has chosen him and ... See full summary »
Midnight, New Year's Eve: when all the hopes of new beginnings come to life - except for Lindsey and Jeff Pittman, whose strained marriage faces the ultimate test after they cover up a ... See full summary »
Rarely does a horror movie frighten the hell out of me, but Pyewacket succeeded where so many horror films fail. Here's a short list of what the movie did right:
1. The suspense is perfect. It's not prolonged, but teases the audience just enough to where you can't predict when you're going to get punched in the face.
2. The story was unique. I'm not too familiar with occult practices, but this movie "shows" instead of "tells" the audience how to perform occult rituals.
3. The tension between the mother and daughter is enough to make you like/hate one or the other. I love a movie that shifts emotions on characters; one moment you like them, then hate them, then like them again almost immediately.
4. The score was nostalgic. I loved the music -- brooding, moody!
5. The director shows he's clearly learned the art of making a tense and emotion packed film with superior actors chosen for every part.
If you are looking for a horror movie that's not a part of the norm, watch this movie now!
17 of 33 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this