The Secret Life of Pets 2 (2019)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 16 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for some action and rude humor|
Sex & Nudity
- In one scene, a dog imagining kissing another dog and we see that she also bring her tongue out for that kissing.
Violence & Gore
- A rabbit and a monkey fight with martial arts blows.
- There is use of very mild bad language ('jerk', 'dopes', 'God').
- There is one use of "pissed", which is a first for an Illumination film. In some versions, this is changed to "peeved".
- The angry cat at the vet screams at his owner saying, "You mother-" followed by a meow, which is a reference to other bad words.
- There is also one use of "turd".
- A LOT of "name calling" for a children's movie. "Jerk, stupid, dope, weirdo". Characters treating one another poorly and in demeaning ways.
- 1 use of "idiot"
- Sucker Is Used By Pops And Suckers Is used by daisy
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A cat says she was given catnip, and then behaves in a very "stoned" manner.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Pets are chased by a sinister circus ringmaster and his wolves.
- The ringmaster threatens a performing tiger with a whip and an electric prod.
- A frightened dog tries to rescue a lamb from a perilous cliff face.
- The ringmaster pulls out a gun and levels it to shoot one of the animals and kill it. Pretty intense scene for a kids movie.
- There is a circus with animals in the movie. Circuses with tortured animals are prohibited across Europe because of the cruelty against animals.
Violence & Gore
- The villain is hit by a car twice. The first time is unexpected, and the second time a character backs up to intentionally hit him again. This is played for comedic effect, and he is shown still being mostly okay after being hit.