Blade of the Immortal (2017)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 42 items
|MPAA||Rated R for bloody violence and carnage throughout|
Sex & Nudity
- A character tries to rape a woman. He lifts up her legs. But is interrupted there after holding the pose a while.
- A mother is raped off screen. We hear her screams and cries. Her young daughter is taken to another room by a gang member and told to cover her ears and close her eyes otherwise she will go mad with what she would see.
- There is no nudity at all.
Violence & Gore
- Nonstop blood and gore throughout the movie. People are hacked apart in many different scenes. Limbs are removed in very graphic ways, nothing is shown offscreen.
- In the very first second of the film, a bloody sword fight, 4 or 5 men are cut down with blood shown.
- A young girl is murdered, and in the ensuing massive sword fight, 70 people (not exaggerated) are killed on camera by sword. Medium amounts of blood seen with each kill. A hand is severed and a man is seen with extensive blade cuts to his body and face.
- During a business invasion, a sword fight ensues and a man is sliced deep in the face, falling to the ground dead.
- In a confrontation between two swordsmen, both are brutally stabbed in the chest, and one is hacked to death.
- In a fight between swordsmen, a man is both stabbed through the leg with a large blade and is also stabbed clean through the chest, he slowly pulls it out. Another man is stabbed in the stomach.
- A man is stabbed in the back, no blood.
- A man's many scarred over blade wounds suddenly burst open as new, blood pours out of them, the man is covered in blood.
- In yet another fight between swordsmen, both are repeatedly and brutally stabbed and sliced over and over, one man is seen with a dozen blades sticking out of him, he graphically pulls all the blades out of him, the sound effects are especially brutal.
- A man is seen cut in half and impaled to a tree.
- A man and woman fight with bladed weapons, some minor slashing at the beginning, but one is stabbed brutally through the chest with lots of blood spray, arm severed, and is also hacked in the shoulder.
- During a sword fight, a mans arms are cut off and his neck is sliced, lots of blood shown.
- In a sword fight between multiple people, many are sliced and stabbed, including innocent women. Most graphically a mans leg is cut off.
- In a compilation of scenes, the aftermath of a large battle is seen with many dead bodies, a group of men are poisoned and die.
- The aftermath of an incredibly bloody massacre is shown, blood soaking literally every inch of the walls and floors.
- In another sword fight between multiple people, men are stabbed, one cuts off his own arm to escape a trap, several more are brutally slashed with moderate amounts of blood.
- In a very long action seen, 156 people (exact count) are killed by being slashed, stabbed, or otherwise butchered by bladed weapons. With a fairly large amount of blood with each kill. Bodies cover the ground and blood is in pools.
- A young girl is stabbed by the sharpened arm bone of another living man, using his anatomy as a weapon.
- A man falls down a waterfall, hits a rock, and explodes into a cloud of blood.
- During another sword fight, men slash and stab each other as they slip around on other people's blood. At this point there is blood literally everywhere.
- A man is hit in the side with an ax, another man is then stabbed through the chest.
- FAR More Gruesome Than 13 Assassins
- Shit is said about 3 times.
- 'B*tch' is said.
- 'H*ll' is said.
- 'D*mn' is said.
- 'B*stard' is said.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Characters drink sake (wine) in a few scenes.
- A character is seen smoking what can only be opium from a pipe.
- A character is smoking what seems to be opium from a pipe.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The entire movie is extremely intense, with very few calm moments. Hundreds of people die in very violent ways.
- The First 10 minute Fight scene and the closing 20 minute fight scene are the heaviest and incredibly graphic scenes with the body count sky rocketing.
- In some ways, this is just as (if not more) heavy than Batoru rowaiaru (2000).
- A very gruesome movie, but nowhere near Takashi Miike's most.
- Many people fight and die near the end of the movie.
- The implied rape and attempted rape scenes are disturbing.
- The main character fights in many battles and is often injured.
- The main characters are in danger during much of the film.
Violence & Gore
- There is a literal river of blood towards the end of the film.