Get Out (I) (2017)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 24 items
|MPAA||Rated R for violence, bloody images, and language including sexual references|
Sex & Nudity
- Just some kissing scenes nothing too explicit
- Some mild sexual references coming mainly from Rod.
Violence & Gore
- Very little violence until the last 20-30 minutes.
- A person's brain is operated on very briefly. The incision is very briefly seen and the top of his head is removed offscreen. The scalp and skull are thrown into a waste basket, and we briefly see it. While not violent, it is bloody and it may make some viewers squirmish.
- A man is stabbed with a deer antler. Blood quickly appears on his clothes.
- A man blows his head off with a shotgun. Very brief and hard to make out.
- Fairly tame and moderate for a horror film.
- Once it actually starts happening, the violence can be at times bloody.
- A man is kidnapped at the beginning. Not violent, but sudden.
- A deer hits a moving car out of nowhere and dies. Its body is seen on the side of the road with a bloody wound.
- A man is violently hit on the head with a heavy ball. A large spot of blood is seen on the ball, blood then starts to pool beneath the mans head.
- A man headlocks another man until he stabs him in the leg (blood is seen). He's then stomped on the head three times. Offscreen. It is blocked by a couch.
- A woman is stabbed with a letter opener.
- A woman is shot in the abdomen, blood soaks up her blouse.
- The movie probably could have gotten a PG-13 if it werent for all the f-bombs.
- 52 uses of "fuck",20 uses of "shit" 10 uses of "hell", 1 use of "god damn".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Chris tries to smoke throughout the beginning while trying to quit.
- A character is seeing visibly drunk. People discuss drinking as teens. A man is addicted to cigarettes but is cured
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- This movie is very dark and disturbing and awfully creepy.
- Towards the end of the movie (about the last 20 minutes) it takes a bit of a gory turn and depicts some bloody violence, although not too graphic.
- This movie is moderately frightening but not as much as a lot of other horror films.
- While the movie is moderately scary and has a few jump scares, it is EXTREMELY creepy and disturbing.
- The movie gets more and more creepy as it progresses until the last 20 minutes which are very disturbing and violent.
Violence & Gore
- A man is stabbed through his hand with a letter opener, he doesn't feel any pain.