Nereus (2019) Poster

(2019)

1h45 minutes of boredom.
gothic-fiction13 March 2019
I don't get it why they made it so long. So many scenes that could have been cut out, clearly stretching the time but not in its favor, so why put us though it.

Ok so the movie kinda had a plot really, tried to expand it, show us more, a few characters, some development there also but there was no reason to length it for so long. This would have worked far better for a 80 minutes movie, not even 90, just 80, quick, straight to the point without losing or annoying the viewer. I've seen many horror productions, and plenty of indies, but this one was too much even for me. Close to 2 hours and for what?

So all in all, I would never recommend it, because it never reaches its mark, its just swing and miss after swing and miss. I think it could be called Lady in the Water's little sister really. Just a bunch of nothing.

Cheers!
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just terrible!!!
jessaitchison15 March 2019
Genuinely tried to stick this out looking for a tiny shred of substance to continue watching the whole movie.... I just couldn't do it. 40mins of my life I want back.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hell is empty. All the devils are here.
nogodnomasters23 March 2019
Sara (Itziar Martinez) visits her friend Will (Sean Ormond ) in Miami while his girlfriend Lindsay (Natalie Blackman) is out of town. The complex has a rogue swimming with an entity that kills people and makes the body disappear.

Sara is annoyed as she keeps finding herself at the bottom of the pool. Anybody think about draining it? It is not hard to guess that the entity is something Greek called, "Nereus" from the title. Nereus was gentle trustworthy god and shapeshifter. Not so much in the film.

Guide: No F-words. No sex. Brief partial butt nudity.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
During a visit to friends...
sahlgoode22 March 2019
How have these people ever been friends? There is so much infighting among them, that I'm wondering what the plot of the movie actually was. Every isolated horror movie about cabins/woods/abandoned asylums, houses, hospitals/lakes, have a certain amount of infighting, but this one was over the top. This movie could easily been made with a hours run time, if they had used the clips that actually pertained to the evil entity.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Garbage to the 1000th power!
whitemanfromtowne14 March 2019
Garbage to the 1000th power, stealing it's premise from the Abysss....crapola!
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Yes it was fairly Lame, But better than many others of this genre.
dpraptor22 March 2019
I really did not think it was that bad, the acting was not that bad for amateur actors, I felt they all really gave their best, and although not great, it was a good start for them. I think people just didnt like them using the similar monster from the abyss - But I dont see any issues with that. I guess this is based on some old Spanish legend, and it was pretty weak but I have seen a lot worse many times. It did hold my interest through most of the movie, and there were times I rolled my eyes because there were some stupid moments, but nothing that i would condemn this film for. For a low budget film, it was actually pretty refreshing. If you watch a lot of low budget films, this one might be worth the while. The actors were pretty good looking, the leading lady was pretty sexy too, which helped a bit too!
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.