Cruise (2018) Poster

(2018)

A Slow Ride
richardellis-683232 October 2018
The girl is beautiful,the guy thinks he chocolate but the chemistry is lacking. Set in 1987 (were they really still breakdancing in the States in '87!!!) according to this film they were. I love 80's nostalgia films but this one is very forgettable. I have seen better street races in my supermarket carpark and the soundtrack is very weak. ( So many good songs they could of used) If you want to see a great 80's nostalgia film check out Summer of 84. Has for this film it's very average( and I'm being generous)
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Filled with 80s
unicorndog30 September 2018
Back in 1987, Gio met Francesca, a hot girl riding a cute VW Rabbit Convertible turned out to be Jessica from the other side of town whos family is rich and jewish.

This story contains of 80's youth culture, from classic vintage cars, streets filled with neon signs, street racing, 80s fashion and the musics and arts. It was refreshing to see it all again, this film by Robert Siegel is so aesthetically pleasing. The only issue is that the storyline seems kinda basic if the film was released in the 90s this would be a hit and might be one of the most popular love stories ever existed like the other classics where they started as a summer fling and then continuing it through...

Thumbs up to Emily Ratajkowski, she's getting better and better in acting. I mean yes she started acting when she was young (iCarly), but wow her roles are really believable and she's getting more roles in movies.

Now, I'm gonna share this with you! Try to watch this film. If you love the feeling of going back to the past with a cute love story on the side. It won't hurt if you try.
8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good movie
nfl-012973 October 2018
Old school. Brings back memories. Very well put together. Not sure why this movie has low rating
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice movie, smooth watching
ganso-563-6337723 October 2018
Nice picture, very good soundtrack. I'm 40, and this movie brought me nice memiries. Easy and smooth to watch. For sure worth to watch. Don't know why low rate for other fellas.
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent
wearevictory-5678212 October 2018
Great movie all the way! No disturbance from overdone animated effects. Just plain back to the 80's music, scenary and feelings. Good storyline and acting. This is what feelgood movies was all about back then right on the spot!

If you grew up in the 80's, I recommend Cruise!
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Get ready for fast cars, great music and a moving love story!
ginarunnels10 October 2018
Actor Spencer Boldman plays Gio, a cool, sexy streetcar racer who falls for a girl from an affluent neighborhood. He quickly discovers that he might not be accepted into her lifestyle,but try to bridge the gap and fight to keep their love alive. "Cruise" won't disappoint.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
SEIGEL/BOLDMAN DELIVERS
lauraboldman30 September 2018
Rob Siegel has done it again! Fantastic writing where I was reminded of a youthful past of the 80's culture and awesome muscle cars. A wonderful step back in time. Spencer Boldman is memorable in this film. He's handsome, charismatic, and his performance shows his versatility as an actor. We could soon be hearing he's one of the break out stars for 2018. A must see movie!
7 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Feels like a bad Grease Remake..
BatmanFunReviews201830 September 2018
Set in the 1980s, a young Italian-American from the "wrong side of the tracks" falls for a Jewish girl from Long Island. I was never even remotely excited for this movie but i chose to give it a try and ended up being what the poster showcased. Some kind of a Footloose and Grease rip-off with truly bad perfomances by it's main leads but also such a cliched and overplayed plot that has pretty much being used way better in movies from the past and of course from movies in the near future so make yourself a favor? And please just avoid it like the actual plague.
5 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
New 80s classic!
coffeynd2 October 2018
Such a fun 80s movie! Must see for car enthusiast with the music & attitude to match. Moves quickly and keeps it light. Nothing complicated fun date night movie with compelling acting from Spencer Boldman!
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than expected
kingandrew-8183122 October 2018
Entertaining and thrilling moments.testtesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttest
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not bad
charlesjosie20 October 2018
I don't know why the rating is so bad, it was a decent movie.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very disappointed
kracer-6164729 September 2018
Saw the original trailer for this movie in 2012/2013. The original trailer was titled Franny Lew The Boulevard. I was led to believe the movie would be based on that trailer. Unfortunately the movie is nothing like the original trailer. The accident which was caused by oil being thrown into the street was not even mentioned in the movie. Instead it is about a summer romance (fling) between a girl from Great Neck and a guy from Whitestone. Yes there are a few races, nothing to get excited about. American Graffiti had more racing and better cars (from that era). Considering this was based on the 80's and Franny Lew I honestly expected to see more races and more street cars. That was not the case. This movie was a disappointment to me. It appears the entire story line was changed for the big screen. Such a shame. **Scene that takes place at Whitestone Lanes (Unrealistic). F.Y.I. I was a teen in the 80's and lived/still live in the area this movie is based on. There was so much more that could have been added to this movie. Especially when it comes to the music and the cars. I hung out on Franny Lew as a teen. I saw first hand the cars that would show up to race. Can not express my disappointment enough.
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beautiful 80's aesthetic: nice guys
jfsimoncontra28 September 2018
Better than "Summer of 87" (it also begins with that background...), fantastic soundtrack and awesome actor Spencer Boldman, attractive as his girlfriend (first italian, then jewish, smart connection...). New Order, Basquiat,... Good job;)
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great movie!!
rkfriend-9689830 September 2018
Loved the cast - especially Spencer Boldman!! It was exciting to see him in a new role... looking forward to seeing great things from him in the future!! The movie was refreshing, giving the watchers a blast from the past on 1980's fun.
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great movie with lots of freestyle
methisal4 December 2018
Most people can't relate to this movie, this movie is for the people who grew up in NYC's five boroughs and Long Island. This is a life style that many won't understand, but for those of us who do it's great. Finally we have a movie that glorifies Freestyle music and it has a decent love story to it. It's nothing groundbreaking or Oscar worthy and it is not trying to be. It's just a great trip down memory lane for some people.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Start Disappointing Finish
jrmrhee29 November 2018
I was thoroughly enjoying this movie until I realized Emily Ratajkowski was living in Perkins
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible movie.
ZigZagHelios19 October 2018
Quit half way through. From the acting to the writing this movie is a disaster. Emily cannot act in any capacity and should pursue many classes or discontinue acting roles. I'm assuming she gets hired for her looks but it can't be worth it. The lead guy was also mediocre.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Should you watch it?!
molnosnorbert29 September 2018
Yes! It's a nice 80" vibe! Definitely worth a try.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.