Charlie's Angels (2019) Poster

"Men don't wanna watch female hero's on the screen"
dannehh18 November 2019
Elizabeth Banks said that men don't wanna watch female hero's on the big screen. It has nothing to do with that, and if you think so you are just blind. It's about quality, and good writing, acting.... If the movie is good it doesn't matter who is in it! But when you do something as cheap as this and think it will make the big bucks you can't be that smart! And to wast money on this franchise...anyone who thought this would be a good idea must be fired! Movies like this is exactly what's wrong with Hollywood! No love! Make a good movie, but love into it! And it should work out fine! But just to complain about that men don't wanna watch it because there are females in the lead role is just embarrassing....
880 out of 1,068 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Men dont like female heroes. Hmmm
wilkinsonncl8 December 2019
Aliens, tomb raider, black widow, wonder woman, kill bill, underworld, to name a few. Men don't have an issue with these strong women because the story was actually good and had likeable characters.
120 out of 139 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Female perspective
meusvita17 November 2019
Hated it. Felt like I was being spoon fed woke tropes. I love Elizabeth Banks, but felt talked down to and "at." That aside, I was surprised there wasn't more action. My husband fell asleep next to me in the theatre and a few people walked out. Really ruined a night out.
878 out of 1,074 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another worthless reboot
flybynight-9672216 November 2019
Its not the worst movie I have ever seen but it comes close, a waste of talented stars with a bad boring script.

The action isn't that great and the comedy (if you can call it that) falls flat.

Men are treated like idiots / objects in the movie which is not equality, just makes it silly. Should have just been women good at being agents without disparaging men needlessly. The older Charlies Angels movies were far better in that regard.
771 out of 968 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Charlie's Abominables
mrbxg13 December 2019
Hollywood just does not want to learn. Ghostbusters was not enough. They just are junkies addicted to remaking and rebooting. Hey Hollywood, no new ideas = no new money from me. I have learnt my lesson now.

This was the most boring film since Blade Runner 2049. I am done with remakes and reboots and sequels and prequels and universes and zzzzzzz
83 out of 99 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful
willdidonna15 November 2019
Felt like I ate a tide pod after seeing this movie
848 out of 1,101 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
"Oh wow, they can DO that?? Be amazed!"- Summarizes this movie.
rorcanna19 November 2019
If Hollywood wants to spread the message that women are capable, then they could do so by writing normal female characters rather than whatever this is supposed to be. It's trope-filled, predictable and did absolutely nothing to improve the franchise.

And no, I'm not a "basement dwelling guy hating on a movie featuring women"... I'm just beyond tired of having to roll my eyes until they hurt when watching movies such as this one. I want to see well-written characters in well-written stories, and if they happen to be female, then so be it.
361 out of 461 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stop The Madness
akxpoedyae25 December 2019
Stop reboots and gender switches and constantly asking us for money for the same old thing ... done worse.

I have learnt my lesson now. I swear to god I will never pay Hollywood another cent for these stupid no-new-idea films.

Here the girls have an attitude and constantly look like their jobs are a joke. Like even when a woman trains a rifle on a target she looks like she is not sharing an inside joke with us. Why is Patrick Stewart here? he is basically the same as Hemsworth in that godawful Ghostbusters reboot.

Sorry i am in a bad mood. I just wasted fuel and money watching the new so-called) Star Wars too so ... ah never mind.
47 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Granny Panties makes a bad movie.
thejonez16 November 2019
Kristen Stewart doesn't have the talent nor the facial movement capabilities to to pull off this role. The movie is just all round bad. Elizabeth Banks how are you not embarrassed by this? This movie should skip "straight to DVD" and move onto "straight to VHS" so that it is never seen or heard from again.
467 out of 616 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
All this reboot was missing
osyqxmsm13 December 2019
Was Melissa Mcarthy as Charlie and Daisy Ridley as the lesbian love interest. Then they could all get tattoos, pierced and shave their heads and gossip about how men are ugly.

What is with the gender switch of Charlie?
76 out of 94 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's Horrible - Reviews Are Correct
Nomad00715 November 2019
Kristen Stewart is not at her best like the handful of positive reviews state.

Patrick Stewart is phoning it in.

It's flat and boring.

I enjoy watching B movies, commercial Hollywood fluff, art movies, whatever. There literally was nothing here.

Giving it a two is being kind.

This is like one of those movies that people do as a favor to get one they really want. It seems like everyone involved from writer, director, and all the actors did this just for contractual reasons and no one put any effort into it.

So sad.
470 out of 630 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
How Can They Not Have Learned From The Other Reboot: Ghostbusters???
ntlufms24 December 2019
Why would I watch this if there are prettier girls at my work, on my street and in any café??

Why do you think I go to movies if not be entertained by pretty, long-haired, feminine actresses???

I suggest people watch D.E.B.S., Atomic Blonde, Red Sparrow or even Road House instead of this useless reboot attempt.

PS: Patrick Stewart, what is wrong with you?
47 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
didn't know this was an Agenda movie
louiethepitt18 November 2019
I thought it was a passing of the torch an sequel to the awesome movies of charlie's angels...but it is not... for an action movie there is barely action in it, the acting is meh, the agenda and propaganda reached high heaven... this is bad guys...I wanted to get out of the empty theater and did in several occasions... don't even come to me to say that I'm a man and don't like females in action roles...some of my favorite action movies are from women Atomic Blonde, Tomb Ryder, Terminator, Salt, La Fame Nikita etc etc... this one just sucks.
368 out of 493 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why do you keep resurrecting these movies?
azcftg14 December 2019
I cannot believe I wasted 3 hours with my girlfriend on this. What has happened to hollywood? Really what has happened? Are there no more pretty women left in the world? Does the casting manager even know how Charlie's Angels should go?? I was more into Charlie!! Finally, what is with the gender switch?

Ah, whatever I don't care anymore.
50 out of 61 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
More man hating bilge.
Iainbr16 November 2019
Another terrible manhating movie that is an embarrassment to the original. Stay away and watch the teletubbies if you want to watch something with more intellectual credibility.
561 out of 765 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another franchise destroyed
justsomeinternetguy14 November 2019
The McG films from the early 2000s proved that this franchise could be an enjoyable guilty please, but Elizabeth Banks and her crew of miscast "actresses" have totally destroyed it. This film is terrible. One of the worst of the whole year.
488 out of 670 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cure for insomnia
ilsaandmin13 November 2019
Get a comfy seat and have a sleep, most boring movie of the year, only stayed awake as my sister kept nudging me as she paid for 6 tickets. Stay home and watch Netflix or read a book
497 out of 690 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why? Nobody asked for this
alfieosullivan16 November 2019
Worst film by a long shot this year, & that's saying something. Not sure how Kirsten what's her face keeps getting work, her acting is awful*, she only pulled it off in twilight because she played a dead person. Save your money or give it to a homeless person instead.

*she was good in panic room to be fair, but then again she was only about 12
299 out of 413 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
As a woman I'm embarrassed.
jblue-1138723 November 2019
Is this the best Hollywood can put together for a all female movie. You either gotta be 'bad assed' like Hustlers or funny like Bridesmaids and this was neither. This movie was TERRIBLE! I can't believe they even finished filming it.
130 out of 174 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A total dumpster fire!
mikkaellarsen6 December 2019
To compare this movie to a dumpster fire is being unfair. A dumpster fire is more entertaining and exciting than this piece of tripe. No, Elizabeth Banks it's not a man hating on strong women characters. I loved Wonder Woman, Tomb Raider, Aliens, Panic Room and the list goes on and on. The problem, Elizabeth Banks, is the fact you created a total crap of a movie with an agenda that is not necessary. Make a GOOD movie with a strong leading female character and we will come watch. Well, not anymore. I will never watch anything that has Banks attached to it in any manner.
43 out of 54 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really?
Zenmasterme16 November 2019
At this point, one has to wonder if Hollyweird is trying to make flops?!
240 out of 335 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
How is Kristen still getting acting jobs??
mango-5706117 November 2019
Whyyyyyy?? Why are you, Sir Patrick Stewart in the same movie as Kristen Stewart?!?? You are a legend. She is a flop. Just like this movie. Drew, Lucy & Cam were much more fun.
406 out of 579 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
SMH
maxxmcgee18 November 2019
So Elizabeth Banks told us that this movie was made for women. Now she's blaming men for why it's tanking... Right. It's my fault this movie is another hot woke garbage remake that no one asked for and everybody hates.

Hollywood is really on a roll! How many iconic franchises from the past have they dug up and destroyed lately? I've lost track.
193 out of 271 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Please don't waste ur money on theatre's....
jz_faqs15 November 2019
I wasted my 35 minutes on cinema.... Seriously i went to wqtch this movie on big screen... But after 35 minutes i was thinking myself that it's much better to leave the cinema.... I mean the whole cast nd crew acting skills were like nah.... Overacting, plus the plot there is nothing new on this movie, nd poor sir Patrick Stewart he's totally wasted in this movie.... I mean y even he accepted the role in this movie... My rating is 1 out 100... Not even 1 out 10... Out of 100... Lol
285 out of 411 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful
rupert-ian22 November 2019
Other obvious issues aside, this is just a horrible movie that nobody asked for or wanted. The cast is meh, the acting is bad, the script and directing is worse than a bad lifetime movie.

I am sick of Hollywood pushing out total junk and then playing the victim and blaming their failures on the fans. Make good material, don't insult your fans by pushing your agendas and people will love and support you. It's not a difficult concept.
112 out of 156 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.