Injustice (2021) Poster

(2021)

Brutal start, then goes downhill
lareval20 October 2021
I do not hate this movie. It´s an uneven but efficient entertainment. But its deadliest sin is to be based on a far, far superior source. The first ten minutes are the best of this film. Then, it falls short on both its politically troubled message and how to close its own character´s arc. Sudden deaths and political subtext as an alibi doesn´t make this movie a grown up, nor a good one. Just a bloated, messy fun film that it could have been so much better.
41 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
what
salinaqvi23 October 2021
I don't understand what they were trying to do with this. Honestly just stay away from this. If you want to see the story done good, play the games or read the comics.
30 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This movie does to the source material, what Superman does to Joker
Lefteris-Anagnostopoulos19 October 2021
Injustice (the comic) has one of the BEST story-lines in comic history in my opinion. The five-year prelude to the first game is easily one of my favorites of all time. So I can't, for the life of me, understand how they messed this up! How? It's a comic book and you want to adapt in animation!! Just animate what you see, don't change anything and don't try to butcher five books and cram them in a two hour movie! Why isn't this a TV show? Why? Does WB and DC hate money? This must be the only answer because Injustice done right is an instant moneymaker.

I remember a time when every animated DC project was unique and memorable and exciting. Good times.
43 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
disappointing!
aminussh19 October 2021
They couldn't do more injustice to this amazing story, it feels rushed, kills off some of the most important characters in the original injustice story, and overall it seems like they didn't care that much, i think even the animation style doesn't work very well with this characters. Totally disappointing.
27 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Killed the original storyline!
jimil-6966119 October 2021
The OG storyline is of 5 years which took hundreds of issues of Comics to get completed and they tried to wrap that up in movie of 1hr and 20 min!!! They easily could've made a TV series, a movie Trilogy on this story.
36 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good start, unbelievably bad ending
benoyum11123 October 2021
I didn't read the comics and from the reviews here, I am sure that they are much much more better then the adaptation. But the movie was good in the beginning. The concept was good and accurate for todays world: In order the bring peace and end the wars, more violent wars are have to be made and who is willing to end the small tyrants becomes the biggest tyrant! Ok

And that is that super dude here. He starts to kill criminals because his city is destroyed and more important he was made to kill his pregnant wife... Ok, we understand his motivation... But then in the end, they bring him a kind of a copy of his pregnant wife, then he was ok!!!

What a unbelievably stupid ending that is! Wouldn't it be better he just give up, understand what he is doing or something like that? This kind of ending gives this kind of impression : Ok, if they kill your wife and children, kill them, and kill more and don't stop! Until they bring you a similar wife from another multi-universe!!!
20 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
For fu** sake why the rush!
a-2903819 October 2021
I liked the movie... but everything felt rushin and pushy... this should have been a 3 hours movie.. why wasting such a good material like this?

Empty.
26 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Complete Sabotage of Original Storyline
mans_randhawa19 October 2021
Hollywood has some serious talent crisis when it comes to story writing , they completely murdered the original story from comic books and video games on this. I would advise viewers to read Injustice series comic books and watch video games storyline.
33 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not good
sailor_julia19 October 2021
Injustice is a very important and good comics, it explain how Superman can be turn to a dictator to create a utopian world.

This movie as nothing to do with the comics. They took some line and the rest made it up.

Why change the storyline when the first material is very good.
48 out of 71 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
DC missed a very good Opportunity...
kylesimmer20 October 2021
I got a chance to watch this. I am glad that DC was able to transfer this from comic to movie. That being said, the transition. I feel, was done poorly... at best. The animation looks like it is out of the '90s, the voices just don't match the characters, and the runtime was just too short. Also, being on the heals of 'Zach Snyder's Justice League' (in which we will probably never get a sequel or trilogy), it would've been incredible if the producers would've taken some liberties and made this a kind of (Unofficial) 'Zach Snyder's Justice League Part II', instead of a shot-for-shot retelling of the comic. I realize that this may be an unpopular opinion, but Zach Snyder's Justice League was not only far better than Whedon's version, but it is also DC's best Motion Picture in many years. If DC would've made this more of a sequel, they could've used the voices of Zach Snyder's Justice League. DC missed a major opportunity with this release.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nothing like the games/comics
rocky-3194327 October 2021
This is so far from the source material - games and comics. It fails in all areas, to tell the story from both sources and changes key areas for no reason. This could have easily been a 3 part movies series setting up key moments and critical characters. Instead most characters are wiped out or take out of screen, change who is the big bad and does nothing to showcase this great story.

Avoid if you like the source material.
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Play the Games, Avoid This
phobicsq19 October 2021
So if you played the games then you'll probably not like this that much... because the games not only told a better story, but yeah... they told a better story.

The violence is the only good thing about this and it's pretty good, especially since the games did not have this level of violence.

Half of the film follows the basic story of Superman becoming "less than a boyscout" due to the Joker hatching his "best" plan ever. After that I'm afraid, motivations and how they are done get wonky, and the main villain is a complete joke who is created by a famous Batman character.

Watching this made me angry that Zach Snyder's Justice League arc isn't being completed because he used elements from this storyline which was planted in Batman Vs Superman and continued through his version of the Justice League. I still have hope that he will finish it in some form but for now this travesty is all we get unless you play the games.

Overall, the violence is amazing but the animation style and costume design is poor (although the "classic" Superman costume shows up near the end), and the story takes a nose dive (should have followed the games and made this a 2 part film).
25 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poorly executed
craigajp19 October 2021
Too many liberties were taken by the writers. You managed to take a home run and completely ruin it. Year 1 deserved better than this. I pray to god that WB finds some actual talented writers, because my god, how did you screw up injustice? You had the god damn comics to go off of! All you had to do is follow the damn script!
18 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Meh
rdamian196326 October 2021
A rushed and forced adaption of excellent source material. WB continues to use a comic book appearing 2 dimension animation style that detracts from the movie. Voice acting is ok. However, voice actor selection was poor for some characters. It is watchable but didn't meet expectations.
13 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A pathetic attempt to wrap up 5 years worth of fantastic comic book writing in one awful film
lukecfield21 October 2021
The Injustice comics (Years 1 to 5) are some of the most brilliantly written comics in DC history. They would be an excellent template for an animated series or a few animated movies.

This film completely butchers almost every arc from the comics in an attempt to wrap it all up in one film. Drastic changes are made, key characters for telling the story of Injustice are either not included at all or killed off in the first few minutes. They completely misunderstand the Injustice versions of the following characters: Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash, Damian Wayne, Harley Quinn, Black Canary, Nightwing,Green Lantern and many others. Very few of the absolutely amazing moments from the comics are left intact. Making changes in an adaptation is one thing, but this felt like someone was ripping out pages left and right, and then drawing on the ones left intact in big red crayon.

If you care about storytelling at all, especially the amazing storytelling that we got from the Injustice Comics, do not support this movie.
11 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No Rubbish
liamshirazi17 November 2021
Wow... I really wished it followed the game,the story there was better..violence was so mild,should have received a PG-13 movie 🎬,really anticipated more from this film.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Injustice - An Average Animated Film From The DC
Samrudh_David19 October 2021
An underwhelming film with a rushed execution of story. Animation style is good. Not a good adaption of the original story. By far, the weakest DC animated film in the recent times in my opinion

An average film.
21 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Simply unbearable to watch
the1sentencereviewer29 October 2021
Simply unbearable to watch due to what I believe to be a very low quality animation technique reminding me of cheap Japanese animes from 30 years ago.
13 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
-Robbed Expectations-
marveller-6619 October 2021
I haven't played Injustice but seen those incredible trailers and some game clips. All of that gave me some idea to how things are gonna turn out.

I think this movie was really unnatural, 'cause the pacing was out of place, lack of runtime, convoluted plot, lack of character depth and lack of emotional depth. Hoped this wouldn't be like those ordinary movies yet got something worse. This was a poorly executed movie i wouldn't really recommend.
15 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Adaptation gone wrong
arjunharz21 October 2021
Being an injustice fan (both comics and the games), I was already sceptical when the movie was just an hour long, but my fear came true. Felt rushed and boring. Do not recommend it.
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Trying To Fix What Ain't Broken
ayushx19 October 2021
Slaughtered the original story.

Killed one of the key character(The Flash) in the start for no apparent reason. Then ruined one of the best scene of hyper speed chess between superman and the the Flash.

A lot of other pointless scenes and scenarios.

If you haven't read the books or video game storyline please feel free to watch the movie for mediocre entertainment. However, if you are a follower of main injustice story you'll be left disappointed.
10 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
really bad
amaumunegbu-8007919 October 2021
This is the worse DC animated film , i have ever watched, they completely trashed the comic source material, and served up, this hot pile of dodo .They rushed, changed and gutted the source material.

What a wasted opportunity, DC.

Should have been a TV series, each year of Injustice, a new season, i was really looking forward to this and i loved the comic series, finished watching it, and all i felt was rage, what a waste.
16 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
insufferably woke nonsensical movie
adityabagri-6745820 October 2021
Stop being woke dc and stop taking about internal matters of other countries. The woke always target democracies rather than targeting autocratic china or the religion of peace countries which massacares minorities.
22 out of 40 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not as Bad as I Thought It Was Gonna Be
MamadNobari9726 October 2021
So apparently a lot of DC fans hate this movie because it's not the same as the comics and mostly not the same as the games. I've never read the comics or played the games, so I enjoyed the movie for what it was, but I understand why the people who played the games might be angry. My biggest problem with this movie though, is the ending, and since this is a non-spoiler review I won't get into it, but it was rushed and illogical even, and some characters die easily, especially a particular one in the beginning. But that's par for the course with these DC animated movies.

As many have mentioned before, this story should've been told in at least a mini-series, and WB has HBO Max, so why not do that? Why not give an ounce of your multimillion-dollar movie budgets so we can have a good story told in the medium it deserves? The story is too convoluted to be crammed into a 1:18 hour movie. I just don't understand the point of making an Injustice movie that I now realize has so many moving parts and subplots in its story, and make it just an hour and 18 minutes, like how is that logical to the writers and the director?

My main problem with the DC animated movies of these past years is that they all look and sound the same. They're all 1:20 hour or even less, they all lack good characterization and character development, and because of the short runtime, they don't have good storytelling.

It has been like what, more than a decade that WB has been making these animated movies? When is the time to change up this tired formula at last? How many more of these mediocre rushed animations are you gonna vomit to us? It just feels like they make an animated movie every year to not lose the rights to them and they put the least amount of effort into them.

Why not give better budgets and make the movies longer and freshen up your animation movies a little? This movie should've been at least 2 hours or you could've made it into a two-parter like you did with Batman Halloween, which had a disappointing and less interesting story?

My question is, how long are you gonna keep doing this? I'm not looking forward to any DC animated movies anymore and not gonna watch the new ones, because I already know they're gonna be 1:20 minute and be the exact same thing they're been doing for the last decade, I'm really tired of it even though I haven't seen many DC animation.

Someone really needs to get DC off of WB's hands, because they've been butchering these characters for years and giving us mediocre and bad movies, and DC fans deserve better than this. Their movies have been hit or miss and they're mediocre at best, they fail miserably every time trying to make a uniform cinematic universe, and their animated movies are just like this one: too short, convoluted, rushed, and incomplete stories.

I hope at least our grandchildren can see the day when DC is in the hands of a more caring and competent company.
10 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This should have never been a movie
alexandrejouan23 October 2021
Listen... I love that source material... it's in my opinion one of the best DC limited series and I am glad that there was an attempt to adapt it.

But it just doesn't work as a movie... there's just way too much content in the story to adapt into a movie and do it justice.

When I heard it was being adapted I assumed it would be as either a TV show or a multiple part movie just like there comic had "year 1", "year 2" and so on. I was very skeptic when I saw the trailer and that it was made into a movie.

As expect it forced the producer and director to cut 90% of the content... which is a shame because you end up with a movie that is somehow way to fast paced but also feels empty.

It was just the wrong format to do the injustice storyline justice.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.