The Good Place is a town where those who have been good throughout their lives go once they have passed away. Michael (Danson) is the architect who oversees the town--and this is the first one he has been in charge of creating. Eleanor (Bell) arrives at the Good Place and realizes they have her name right, but everything else is wrong. She isn't meant to be there at all. With the help of Chidi, her soul mate (Harper), Eleanor tries to right her wrongs, seeking to finally earn her spot in the Good Place.
How long can they keep this up? (Season 2)
See more »
Did You Know?
Janet (D'Arcy Carden
)'s powers & abilities:
- Teleportation: Janet is able to teleport anywhere in her neighbourhood in an instant either at will or when she is called.
- Infinite Knowledge: Being a anthropomorphised database of information, Janet has all possible knowledge that both humans and Eternal Beings possess.
- Summon and retrieval: Janet can create/retrieve any item anyone desires at anytime in an instant. Janet has even shown the ability to create other sentient beings but only Michael's Janet has been able to do this. Michael (Ted Danson) stated that this shouldn't be possible for the average Janet. It appears that gaining this ability is a side-effect of having been rebooted so many times.
- Reality Warping: Janet is responsible for building and maintaining the neighbourhood she resides in and at will can alter anything within her neighbourhood.
- Compulsory Truth: Janets cannot lie. Only Michael's Janet is capable of lying after being rebooted 802 times.
- Operating the Train: The only way in and out of a neighbourhood is by the train, which only Janet can call and operate.
- Walkie-Talkie Protocol: Two Janets can be linked together to serve as a long-distance address system. This is seen in episode 1.12, The Good Place: Mindy St. Claire (2017), when Shawn (Marc Evan Jackson) uses Bad Janet in Neighbourhood 12358W to transmit a message to Eleanor (Kristen Bell) and Jason (Manny Jacinto) in The Medium Place through Good Janet. It is therefore one of the few special abilities which Janet retains when outside her neighbourhood.
- Physical Strength: This may not actually be a special power, however Janet is shown to have great physical strength, as evidenced by the way she lifts and throws Shawn in episode 2.11, The Good Place: The Burrito (2018).
I am not going to have sex with someone to get them to stop talking to me.
Really? You and I are very different.
Yeah, I noticed.