Duck Duck Goose (2018) Poster

(I) (2018)

Feathered Nanny: The Way to Correction
BiiivAL7 June 2018
Most often, the sudden appearance of a child radically changes the habitual way of life, forcing a new look at the world. On our movie screens, the premiere of the animated film entitled "Papa-Mama Goose" was started, from director Chris Jenkins. Lovers of cartoons, he is already well known for such works as "House" and "Catch the wave!".

In the lead roles took part such celebrities as: Lance Lim, Zendey, Jim Geffigan and Greg Prups (in the role of an unmatched cat Banzu). When translating into Russian, our stars also distinguished themselves. The main roles were performed by Polina Gagarina, Sergey Garmash and Natan.

A young self-confident goose bachelor named Pam is an absolutely free bird, does what he wants, completely disregarding the rules of his pack. During the general preparation for the flight to the south, Pam, boasting with his tricks, breaks the wing. After which he is forced to fly with the children. One awkward movement of his wing and from the flock are separated two small ducklings. Now he faces two tasks: to heal the sick wing in order to continue the flight and return the kids to their parents.

The picture of the film is simply excellent: the outlines are clear, the colors are bright. The plot is very exciting, it makes the main character sympathize. His selfishly philistine character at the end of the picture reveals itself, filling with notes of caring and love for one's neighbor.

Plus the cartoon is filled with a huge amount of humor and self-irony. In its atmosphere the cartoon is very similar to the famous "Shrek". All these qualities suggest that "Papa-Mama Goose" is aimed at a wide audience of spectators. Watch this cartoon will be interesting to all fans of animation, adventure and family stories.

I wish you pleasant viewing!
58 out of 64 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hilarious
ukmitchy18 April 2018
I thought this movie was excellent. It doesn't tell a new tale, but it does it well with some genuine comedic moments. There's plenty of silly jokes to appeal to the 12 year olds and five year olds, and the animation is excellent. If this had been a Pixar/Disney movie, it would have got a far bigger distribution and promotional push than it got. This isn't the best animated film ever, but it's 85 minutes of fun with cute ducklings.
15 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Show for Older Tolders
lam_le200824 July 2018
Amazing show about two ducks and a goose. Would recommend to anyone not just kids! I am not so sure why others are rating this show badly. It's a solid one
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't understand the criticism below
tiffyleek13 May 2018
I took my two boys (5 and 7) to see Duck duck goose this morning. They loved it. They were laughing themselves silly at the pigs' scene and near the end when Peng confronts the baddie, (won't put spoiler in here, not sure a grown up would laugh there even though I did, with my children). There was a scary bit when my 7yr old suddenly changed seats to sit by me, another good sign I thought, especially considering they refused to let us watch "Moana" and "the secret life of Pets". They dragged us out of the cinema early for both of those two movies, really hated them. They won't stay if they don't like it, no sir!

The imagery is really beautiful too. Stunning at times actually.

Maybe it's more of a boys movie I don't know? My two are obsessed with dinosaurs of all kinds. "Frozen is a girls movie dad" they told me when my wife wanted to make them watch that one.

Maybe it's one of those marmite movies but my boys gave it a big thumbs up.
10 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So much fun!
edenruiz23 July 2018
Very entertaining, in addition to having impressive graphics... Fun from start to finish!!! Well done!!!
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really good movie, funny and sweet
ojsmom0022 July 2018
All I have to say to all the reviewers whining about how the movie was too scary because of the cat so is too scary for children, then you shouldn't take your kids to any animated movies. Almost all the Disney or Pixar movies have a scary nemisis. How about a half-crazed rich lady trying to kill puppies for a spotted coat or or an evil queen/witch tryibg to kill her stap-daughter with poison? Never heard anyone say 101 Dalmations or Snow White was too scary for kids. This was very cute movie and glad I watched!!
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very not bad cartoon, but has unnecessary humor and violence
soto35029 May 2018
The main problem of the cartoon is the presence of childish vulgar humor and excessive violence, especially with the protagonist, who looks like a clumsy fool, depriving himself of any chemistry. Because of what these shortcomings accumulate people's opinions to the hate about this cartoon.

The cartoon itself is on graphic and visual is good and very enjoyable to watch. If delete the scenes associated with vulgarity and excess violence, it can be enjoyable for home viewing.
8 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Slow, boring and poor
primaveraband1 April 2018
Characters aren't lovable, humour is pathetic, story is very poor
10 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Spectacular!
paindweller4 August 2018
I cried it was that good! It isn't worth spoiling it for you just watch it!
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun and beautiful
ella-2195611 August 2018
I'm not sure why this movie has so many bad reviews. It's a fun kids movie. The animation is well done and honestly it's just a really pretty film. The cat is kind of spooky but not too bad. Parts were predictable but there were also some good plot twists. I enjoyed it.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't waste your time
riaan-melanie15 July 2018
Don't waste your time wasting this. My kids really didn't enjoy this movie and both of them were upset due to the evil cat. Inappropriate humor and generally a badly written script
8 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
really dissapointed , definitely not a movie for a 5 years old child :(
angelinadiaz-301503 April 2018
We went to see this movie today with my 2 adults friends and 4 kids, all in age 4-6 years old. Movie age 4+ is full of horrific scenes , which scared all of us, especially very scary big Cat with a red and yellow eye. Lots of cruel scenes when the kids started to scream and adults wanted to leave the cinema as we were really upset.We have seen almost every new a movie for a kids and we loved them all but Duck Duck Goose is definitely NO NO NO one. there was only a few funny scenes and the end was cute but why do they say on the start of the movie that some scenes are not recommended for kids and parental control needed. movie for kids 4+????? seriously do not waste your money and go to see some other movie like Peter rabbit as that one is cute and funny ;)
13 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's a kids movie people need to stop being so hard
kayla_oneill21 July 2018
My daughter has watched it 4 times and loves it She said it's awesome cause she never seen a ducky movie before .
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
it's pretty good dude
theknillfamily31 July 2018
Not the most creative/unique idea but they do it well. The characters are all understandable and relatable, there wasn't a single point where I felt bored or uninterested, but most of all I think it's visuals are amazing. The backgrounds and scenery are phenomenal and I think it effectively portrays its moral well. The only reason I'm taking a point off is because of the extensive toilet humor but other than that, I have almost no criticism. A good kids movie.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good movie
chrishow-1856726 July 2018
I like The movie Duck duck goose, it's funny and adventurous. I love it, that Pang and the ducklings were sharing a bonding time together. I don't think people can ever recognize a good movie these days.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible, boring, nonsense
jonniejensen5 April 2018
We left after 40mins and snuck into another movie. My kids and I see almost all family movies. We are tolerant and see the best in what we watch. This was boring nonsense. Like a mash up of 50 other movies characters. Just do not go and watch it.
9 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
ouch
georgeeallen20 April 2018
This film was so bad my eyeballs dissolved and I died in horrible pain

0 out of 10 wouldn't recommend to anyone who values their life.
8 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ducklishly Funny aand entertaining.
dreamwalkerthu23 July 2018
Geese, ducks coupled with some of your favourite farm animals make this movie enjoyable in terms of humor and storyline. How often do you get ducks and geese as starrings of a animated movie? Graphics are beautiful although can be improved but overall a worth watching movie. My husband and I love it and I couldn't possibly find it violent as some reviewers mentioned about how terrible and violent it is. If this movie was violent then I would say tom and jerry cartoons or even harry potter movies are scarier. If you can deal with cartoon humor, do check this out. Absolutely hillarious and heart warming.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poor pacing - not funny
johnsonna-96-9308598 April 2018
This is lazy story telling mixed with slow pacing. Kids 6 and under would sit through it that's about it.
5 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible movie, I dont recommend you go and see it
juszczyk-5820013 April 2018
Duck Duck Goose is a horrible movie with terrible pacing. non interesting characters and a bad story. The animation wasn't the best to look at and during the viewing i was mostly thinking about ideas that this movie stole from other great animations. The most comparisons i found was to a animated movie called Rio by Blue Sky Studios as Duck Duck Goose has a main character who cant fly, a girl bird who is the main characters love interest and villain who wants to kill the main character. In conclusion Duck Duck Goose is a movie that is not worth your money as it will make you want to fall sleep through the entire viewing.
5 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lovely Movie
sapanvasava29 July 2018
Very nice movie, if you love animated movies...Everything is good...I hope it's sequel will come
It's for children
harelives28 July 2018
Simply, it's for children. So adults might not get it.
Beautiful and entertaining!
amesagam26 July 2018
I watched it with my toddler son and we both found it beautiful and entertaining. If you want to watch it, don't expect this to be the typical Disney movie. It has a very detailed animation, beautiful photography with a different plot. Please give it a try to this Chinese-American animation movie.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
All over the place and not for kids
a-86812-8391622 July 2018
I'm an adult and I thought I'd go to Netflix to watch some random movie. I decided upon Duck Duck Goose. It's obviously for children, or so I thought. It's an animation and looks really nice but all but the humor... Well, you can probably show this to a kid, if they can handle the cat with two personalities (much like the good cop/bad cop in The Lego Movie but granted, this cat is a lot darker) but a lot of the jokes will go over their heads. There's also quite bit of violence.

SPOILERS:

A lot of fart jokes which I'm sure kids will laugh at, but there are also jokes of sexual nature (like flirting and even one erection joke) and I'm not sure if those are okay, even if the kids don't understand. The cat, I would imagine, to a child can be quite scary and the violent scenes as well. Oh, and the two ducks are going to a place that they think will be great and their new home but it's really a restaurant, so the ducks are going there like pigs to slaughter. Kids are not stupid, they will pick up that something is wrong and not okay. That scene overall is super gloomy and dark, the movie shifts from bright colors and beautiful scenery to a dark, gloomy city.

Overall, for an adult, this movie a mess and super confusing. I thought it was about the goose but it's really not. It's not about some dude who shows us that difference should be celebrated or something. Instead, it's the pretty basic movie: a jerk dude "adopts" two kids and they all hate each other but eventually ends up being a little family. The voice acting is okay but overall, it's not the best.

It's a disappointment.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An awful, unfunny, disastrous animated movie.
Animated_Antic24 July 2018
Back in September of last year, I remember going to "The Lego Ninjago Movie" and having to sit through a trailer for an upcoming animated movie called "Duck Duck Goose" and it looked so bad that I started to dread watching it. Even though it was fortunately, the movie didn't get released on it's original April date and was pushed back to August, it was also unfortunately moved forward to July and just went straight to Netflix and skipped it's original theatrical release. I went into this movie expecting to be a generic bad animated movie and left completely shocked. I'm not going to make this up everyone. It's true. This film is one of the worst animated movies I've ever seen in my life. In fact, it's worse than "Norm of the North" and that film had a twerking polar bear played by Rob Schneider. Yeah, guys. It's that bad.

A gander in China named Peng (Jim Gaffigan) is cited as being the weakest in his flock. He is not the fastest flyer and is ridiculed by his pears, even to the point where he sent to fly with the kids. However after his flock leaves without him, Peng ends up breaking his wing due to an incident with a gong and runs into two ducklings named Chi (Zendaya) and Chao (Lance Lim) who are also separated from their flock and are trying to get to a place called "Pleasant Field". Hoping to get back to his flock, Peng agrees to take them to the flock. What they don't know though is that they're being followed by a cat (I'm not going to bother saying who plays him) who is planning on making them dinner. This is where I'm going to stop talking about the plot because I've already lost some sanity watching it and I don't need to lose anymore.

I seriously was not expecting this movie to be as bad as it was. It looked bad from the get-go, but not as atrocious as it turned out to be. This story is nothing but cliche after cliche. It throws every single, stupid plot line you see from a bad animated movie and tries to pass it off as original. It also throws in lots of butt, fart, and puke joke into the mix to make your brains even more numb. The animation is also very generic and bland. It's so boring to look at. Nothing about it shines out and screams it's beauty. It's just as dull as looking as a blank wall. Wait, I take that back. Blank walls have more personality in them than this movie does! I'm serious guys! This movie is just trash! The characters are also unoriginal. Peng is the liar revealed character you all expect to be, Chi is the sassy smart teenaged character, Chao is the stupid one. There's nothing new. Well, the cat does have sort of a Gollum like split personality but it's not funny. It's just atrocious. Also, the climax is one of the craziest and messed up scenes in animated movie I've ever watched. I'm not exaggerating. It's so brainless and idiotic that I struggled to understand how this movie even got released on a platform like Netflix.

So, yeah. If you can't tell by this review, I really did not like "Duck Duck Goose". At all. It's honestly one of the worst animated movies I've ever watched. The story is cliche and insane, the animation is bland and boring, and the characters are all traits that have been done to death. I don't know what to say guys. Just skip it. Don't check it out. It's really not worth ninety minutes of your life that I just wasted. I never thought I'd say this, but you're honestly better off watching the film with the twerking polar bear played by Rob Schneider. I mean it.
3 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.