The Curse of la Llorona (2019)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 9 items
|MPAA||Rated R for violence and terror|
Sex & Nudity
- No nudity, no sex!
Violence & Gore
- A woman drowns her own children and herself, and then her spirit drowns and attempts to drown other children. Her spirit also throws and drags people across rooms and down stairs, and burns their arms with a touch of her hand.
- A woman shoots a man in the shoulder, non-fatally.
- A woman attacks a woman while holding a hammer in her hand and a man gets her off of the other woman. There are scenes of blood and bloodied bruising as well as am evil spirit that bleeds from the eyes. There is another scene where a man burns the evil spirit's face with alcohol?
- The words "hell" and "shit" appear in the dialogue once.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Adult characters drink wine with a meal.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- La Llorona's appearance is terrifying. Lots of jump scares and some unexpected. 6th installment in the conjuring universe.
- The evil spirit is a scary looking woman with creepy eyes and a creepy face and fingers that screams, whispers and cries in a creepy manner. She is seen a few handfuls of times or so throughout.
- There are many creepy factors in the movie that could scare children on top of the lurking evil spirit herself. There is a rocking horse that rocks by itself as well as an umbrella that keeps moving by itself. There are door slams, many thuds, doors opening & closing, floorboards creaking, doors banging, windows & mirrors cracking, papers rustling, hinges creaking and even eggs spinning around and smashing on their own.