Red Devil (2019) Poster

(2019)

I need to write something
ks-605009 February 2020
The review below is totally distorted and beautify the movie. The theme is drug, sex, violence but it wasn't to the level it described so deeply. Kinda boring indeed.
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
weird but not in a good way
natcalgary20 February 2020
I have seen many messed up movies in my days. low budget flicks that became cult classics. As much as this movie tries to be that.... it was bland and will not be remembered by anyone except the writer and the cast.

4.1
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
unconventional and awesome
alfredbullock6 December 2019
This movie kept it interesting almost the entire way through. The twist at the end was awesome. I've never seen anything like it. The deep implications of addiction and resolution are insanity. This was well thought out and executed.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No, no! Don't listen to the naysayers, watch it!
xmutee1 December 2019
They bash it because it doesn't fit in a genre? Why does art have to fit in anything? OK, I'll give them a genre, it's "fish&chips western"! Fresh and new! We've had "spagetti westerns" and they were successful, now somebody is brave enough to bring a new genre and that's what I call it. The script is very solid! Funny as hell at times (Pot growing junkie: "- What's wrong with my life? I'm a self-employed businessman. See, I'm one of this country's... interpreters." Imaginary friend: "You mean entrepreneur" Pot growing junkie: "Yeah, whatever"), bluntly realistic at others (depicting drug addiction at it's worst and the lengths an addict would go to get his hit). It hints at a lot and embraces multiple influences: "Natural Born Killers"- like lead characters, "Guy-Ritchie"- like philosophying underworld characters, Robert Rodriguez gore (and bombshell female lead!!!), "Ennio Morricone"- like score and I'm certain many more that I've missed on my first view. Acting is top notch! Upcoming talent and heavy-hitters alike. I mean, you have Steven Berkoff in it... 'Nuff said! Everybody did their job and made the characters believable. Photography was also good and speed was at junkie pace. Nothing wrong with this movie, got me from the first five minutes! Great "Fish&Chips Western"! Welcome a new genre!
7 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Badass + Amazing visuals
camillavdc-5084230 November 2019
I was curious to watch Red Devil since I saw the trailer and the visuals were very appealing. Glad to find out the whole movie live up to that. I love some great art directions and that was a great one. Love how the colors change according to the mood of each character. For an exemple, how Oscar and Ella are always under some brighter light. They have a badass look but also they are religious and want to free the world from evil people, so they are always visually "brighter". Now see by the end of the movie how light changes to a blue-ish when Ella is sorrowful. Also what an unexpected plot twist for her, who at the beginning seemed like your regular "hot but dumb" character but turns out to be the most expressive and cohesive one. Loved her! Fernanda Diniz did a great job with Ella's transformation.
5 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can't wait for this.
fodmapflapjacks23 December 2019
Savvas is the next big thing to shake things up in the movie Industry. Looking forward to the journey in the next few years.
2 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing!!
shen-4235719 November 2019
I had the pleasure of watching Red Devil at its premiere in Leicester Square last night and all I can say is WOW. From the story telling, visuals, music and outstanding performances this was a truly enjoyable watch. This is such an original creative piece which delves into the affects of addiction. A spectacular story brought to life on screen by some great up and coming actors. Savvas Michael has created such an artistic film here and he is definetly one to watch! I shall look forward to his future projects! So refreshing to see indie films breaking through onto the big screen and his films getting the recognition they deserve. A true masterpiece.
7 out of 91 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.