Then Came You (2018) Poster

(2018)

pleasantly surprised!
leong_tommy2 February 2019
This was not my type of movie but somehow I went to see it. I was very happy that I saw it. Yes, there were laughter and tears and I'm male. All cast did a great job in making the movie feel alive. It's definitely worth seeing
14 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A very beautiful movie
sophiepoilane10 February 2019
Rich in emotions, full of meaning and beautiful human values thank you ! FILM TO SEE
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
great movie
allegria7894 February 2019
A film deeper than it seems at first, I liked it a lot
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One Of The Good Ones!
Mr_Someone6 February 2019
It's a good movie definitely worth seeing. It has an interesting take on terminal illness and I think it has a nice balance between comedy and drama. I especially loved the jokes that make you wonder if it's ok to laugh at them. The performances of the two leading actors Asa Butterfield and Maisie Williams were also very very good.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A meaningful story
kevin-cloninger3 February 2019
I'm personally tired of how many movies are lacking depth and substance. This movie has that and is very entertaining. 3 thumbs up!
11 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing movie and story 👌
dhananjay-s259310 February 2019
Really love the store line and the characters in the movie. The story is very deep and really hit you in the emotions. Amazing work with the characters 👌.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Asa Butterfield shines. An emotional ride.
lyntonm4 February 2019
I recently decided to watch this after having seen Asa Butterfield's role in "Sex Education" on Netflix and thinking he was an amazing actor. His work in this film is no different.

The story lacks substance in some parts, but throughout the movie, you grow attached to the relationship between Butterfield (Calvin) and Maisie Williams (Skye.) The story is cheesy in parts and at times Williams put me off, but there's no denying Butterfield's depth of character in that he conveys emotion so well, albeit awkwardly at times and makes the viewer fond of him.

The film contains some great heart-warming moments, some which we can all identify with while still providing the occasional laugh.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not challenging but Nice
mohammadfarsi-978504 February 2019
It can be one of the most faviurite 2018 moves that I've watched. Good filming location and sweet musics made the movie sound better. The story was told repeatedly, for instance "The fault of our stars" or "the perks of being wallflower" have the same story. However, I had a different feeling about this movie. To be honest after I watched the aforementioned movies, I became depressed while after watching this one I felt relief.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
do watch this....
ops-525354 February 2019
The grumpy old man says, after seing this again and again. if your in a low mode and doesnt want to cry, then do not watch, because its a heartwarming and gutwrenching drama about cancer in old teenagers/young adulthood , with the bucketlist like wishes and hopes, warmth and friendship, tears and fears . if you have cancer,know someone with cancer or just want to feel the weight of cancer on your shoulders, the you should watch ''then came you''.

the filmography and story are brilliant and gripping, edited and mixed with musical elements that goes hand in hand with the caracters and mood of the story. it has a wonderful warmth in the settings, and it has a very cuddling atmosphere allround.

the acting are just amazing, on the first view i had embedded myself so into the drama that i was sure that the actress playing skye was really going to die in the real world. i seldomly go that into the characters, so give it a try yourself. i had a similar experience when viewing the film ''life as a house'',so this is really good stuff.

what may seem like a drawback is the length of the movie , if so do be staminous, it will grip you in the end . this is a buulseye drama and are highly recommended by the old grumpy man.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unbearbly saccharine, even my Maisie William fan teen daughter couldn't stand it.
VoyagerMN198620 December 2018
I was on a business trip up to Kingston with my 14-year-old daughter in tow. The WFF promotors were giving out same tickets to this at the airport and since we did not need to where we were going til the next day we decided to grab a hotel in Woodstock and catch a few WFF flicks that night. The other reviewer (who is obviously associated with promotion of the film since it is their only activity on IMDB) says the audience went form crying to laughing. That is an outright lie. The only sound heard was groaning. including from my daughter who is from the prime target demographic. Seriously, even 14 year old girls are aware they are being spoon fed saccharine junk if you pile on enough clichés and worn out tropes.

And 23 "ten" votes ere out of 32 votes? Really? That's shilly.
47 out of 87 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A beautiful story about living
tkajohnston6 February 2019
I was deeply moved by the story. Anyone who has lost someone to cancer will relate to the people in this film.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Deep movie with a true meaning
laureentraclet5 February 2019
Then came you is a deep and touching movie that I really enjoyed. There should be more films like that one.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great movie!
frenchyg03 February 2019
What an inspiring movie, with great moments of bravery from the characters. It is a story of friendship and courage. Despite the tears there were some hysterical moments especially with the bucket list!! Recommend it highly!
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very deep and intersting values moovies
thibautbarbier5 February 2019
I really appreciate this moovie for its deep messages and the highly intersting values it raises.
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing movie.
anum-abraham215 February 2019
This movie is so touching. One of the best movies ever. Maisie Williams is an amazing character and Asa Butterfield as well. I enjoyed every minute of the movie
Then came maisie
munkykseven14 February 2019
For a while... this movie made forget arya stark, just skye
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Same old recipe seasoned well
ramanfifaps13 February 2019
This is a classic story about terminally ill teenager with a cliched bucket list. Although there is nothing novel to the plot, the cast is on point, music is refreshing and the filming locations are beautiful. Watching this won't be a life changing experience, but it won't be a waste of your time either.
Beyond Incredible Cinematic Masterpiece
crobi-0920514 October 2018
I recently watched this movie as part of the Woodstock Film Festival and I was left amazed. The acting and chemistry between Maisie and Asa is so dynamic and I believe worthy of Oscar attention. I didn't know it was possible to feel so many emotions in such a short span but somehow this movie did just that. From crying one minute to laughing the next, there was not a dry eye in the theater. I definitely recommend everyone seeing this movie!
34 out of 77 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Feel Good
jeannethevaldes9 February 2019
After this movie, we feel really better! Thanks a lot! Be HAPPY!
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pleasantly Surprised!!
horizonbts-206-6283365 February 2019
Mainly watched because of Asa Butterfield, the kid continues to amaze! Really nice trip for anyone who has or had a serious illness such as cancer. A realistic look on how to live and not let the illness cheat us out of living our life. What a nice journey that's believable and gives us some of the real emotions involved. All involved make this a solid flick, great ensemble!
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worth the watch - Maisie and Asa shine
cohenmitch3 February 2019
I wanted to see this movie because of Maisie Williams. Similar stories have been done in movies several times in recent years. "Then Came You" doesn't make it to the level of "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl", but it's still worth the watch. In "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl", I found the characters much more unique and realistic. Maisie's and Asa's performances did carry the film though. I wished they would have delved more into the way Maisie's character felt abandoned by her friends. I liked the way they started out with the scene with her three girl friends ignoring her. They were having a hard time dealing with the fact that she was dying. But later on, they seemed to get over it, and we never really saw how that happened. We saw Maisie drinking heavily at a party. I thought it may interfere with her meds and she may have a seizure. Instead she just threw up out in the street with Asa and seemed to genuinely have a good time at the party. I think they had some missed opportunities to make the characters more unique and real. But I still thought both Asa and Maisie did a great job with the script they were given. I did think the flight attendant seemed a bit old for Asa. She said there was 3 years difference, but it looked almost like a teacher and student type of thing.

I do think this was a good performance for Maisie. It was worth the watch. But, it makes me want to watch "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl" again. I have watched it twice already. It's really the best in this genre. I loved seeing Maisie though!!
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice film not too heavy
pauljohnfederico7 February 2019
This is a film about a girl having a chronic illness rom-com film that we've seen on the fault in our stars. The premise is the same if you've watched that film and i recommend you doing so, But this is a more lighthearted film than tfios. Acting is the definite positive in this film, Cast is good Asa and Maisie williams made this movie a good movie. It's one exhilarating film and i know that love this type of genre will definitely like this one.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A moving tale
npjy835 February 2019
Think of the movies "A walk to remember" with Mandy Moore and "The Bucket List" with Morgan Freeman. Put them both together and you get this movie. The acting is brilliant, characters are very likable and funny. The story is sad but adds comedy into it. Recommend the movie. The swearing is mostly in the first half of the movie, it's like they decided to stop it in the second half. I am usually a hard critic, however I loved this story.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Talk about a pleasant surprise
dieperdsegat13 February 2019
I honestly had no high expectations for this one but, I'm glad I watched it. It seems like a teenage movie but I'm sure it could appeal to an older audience. The attempts at comedy were on point, though it was based on a girl nearing the end of her life it didn't feel soppy at all. Maisie Williams did an excellent job.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
simple and heartfelt movie
natcalgary11 February 2019
This was a very simple movie that didn't try to do to much but did it right. It makes you realize how precious life is and how lucky we all are to be alive. A simple story about a boy and girl who changed each others lives forever.

The acting was great, and the story had ups and when it was over questions still lingered in my head and the viewer pretty much had to figure out some stuff when the closing credits started.

7.2
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.