We Bare Bears (TV Series 2014–2019) Poster

(2014–2019)

Perfection
atravis0556 August 2015
I can't stop watching this show. It's a perfect balance to much of the other shows' bright neon colors, hyperactivity and in-your-face humor. "We Bare Bears" is calm and has subtle humor, but still manages to be funnier than most of the network's other shows. The artistic style of "We Bare Bears" is crisp and feels warm and hand-made, almost like a cross between "Over the Garden Wall" and "Regular Show". However the best part of the show is the characters. Grizzly is friendly, extroverted and desperately wants friends, which often leads him to forget some social graces; Panda is softhearted, insecure and overly attached to social media; Ice Bear is a stoic, martial artist and culinary expert. But each of them aren't flat and inflexible, they are round and react in different ways. They're relatable. I love this show and I'm more than looking forward to further episodes.
80 out of 88 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Satisfyingly Fun
bearealman18 September 2015
We Bare Bears is a delight.

An animated series appropriate for all ages with bits of character business? With character development? With unique story points and twists you never see coming? These kinds of qualities are more often praised as elements of a critically acclaimed live action drama. But they are part of these 9 minute mini-masterpieces. But if I say that, it will get your hopes up too high, won't it? So forget all that. It's funny. The characters are likable, the situations are interesting, the animation is clever without attracting attention to itself.

It Surprises me, every episode. It makes my jaw drop, every episode. It makes me laugh, every episode.

I'm a 56 year old guy with a love for classic Disney and Japanese animation and a taste for art flicks, and these "kids cartoons" are one of the 3 or 4 best things I've seen on TV in 2015.
48 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome
jayakrushnak15 February 2019
If you have seen Kung Fu Panda and know how Po says AWESOME, that's the exact word with emotion coming from my heart while reviewing this TV Series. The voice behind the main characters brings the personality and uniqueness. I can surely bet that any age group will enjoy this series. the content like social media addiction, pros and cons of new world technologies, obsession over small things, etc. are so relatable. Three Bears are so cool that you wish you could have such Bros, But the catch is you can relate your friends with few or all characters. when Grizz says HEHEHE or Panda's whiny character or Ice Bears third person talking are the things that will stuck in your mind. I would say one of the coolest Series I have seen for a long while. Thanks to Daniel Chong, creator of the series for bringing such a fresh and nonredundant content in every episodes.
15 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very Cute
watchingwatchwatcher29 July 2015
I didn't know what to expect when I first saw the trailer, but once I watched the first two episodes, I was giggling continuously.

The humor wasn't boring nor vulgar, and the three bears are a joy to watch (especially Panda, and Ice Bear with his one liners). The show doesn't immediately push these bears in-front of your faces (like a certain GO! show) and go: Haha! Look at them, aren't they funny?? No. They use their jokes, etc., at the right times.

I am looking forward to see more of these bears silliness, and maybe perhaps a little flashback of their past. I'm curious of how they found their home. Can't wait for more this week!
47 out of 53 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing and is destined to be great
margaretf52027 July 2015
We Bare Bears stars three bear brothers, Grizzly, Panda, and Ice Bear, as they try to assimilate into human society.

So far the commercials and trailers look great. The show itself is a treasure. It obviously has a bright future and is bound to become one of Cartoon Network's greatest hits.

The comedy is appropriate and comes at the right times, great character development, good amount of drama for a children's show, and all around fun. It's one of best cartoons yet and is destined to fall into categories with hits such as, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Gumball, and more. This show is amazing, and you must watch it before you judge it. It would be horrible if someone mistakes this beauty as something less.
64 out of 75 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely Wonderful
You know, I had some doubts about this show,I knew I was gonna like it, but I just didn't think that I was gonna absolutely love it. The characters are great and likable, I gotta say that I thought that grizzly was just gonna be one of those obnoxious and annoying characters or something on the lines like that, but he's actually a really fun guy who's just trying to fit in. Funny as well. The other characters in the show are also pretty relatable and cool, especially Panda, Im so much like Panda. I wish there was a word where I can describe Ice Bear, I like him though so yeah.

So far this show is pretty cute, funny and wonderful in my eyes. I think my favorite episode so far is either "Food Truck" or "Chloe", but I think Chloe is the one I'd like to watch over and over again. Also Chloe maybe one of the first child genius characters that is actually in college, thats really just wow to me. She's also pretty sweet.

Anyways, We Bare Bears maybe one of my new favorite shows on Cartoon Network right now, It's just so great and wonderful.To the whole plot and the music in the show It really is destined to be great. I advise you to watch it.
35 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's Pretty Good
chillinboyika2 August 2015
A while back I made a review on this show and was overly enthusiastic, giving it a 10/10. It was kind of embarrassing so I'm going back to review it again. OK, so We Bare Bears is a show that aired last year on Cartoon Network. It's still going with a positive reception. The show is about three bears: Griz (a grizzly bear), Panda (a well Panda), and Ice Bear (a Polar Bear). They live in the sunny city of San Francisco as they try to fit in with society. The show's central theme is pretty relatable. We humans try to fit in with other humans and three bears trying to awkwardly fit in with them is pretty funny. When they're not trying to fit in, they're doing other weird things like getting tote bags or starting a food truck. It's basically a slice of life anime except it's not in Japan and the characters aren't school girls. I like this show a lot. The characters are pretty funny and relatable. My favorite bear has to be Panda. He's basically the bear equivalent to every otaku in the world and it's hilarious. He's probably the most awkward out of the bunch and I can't help but laugh with him. Oh yeah, the show has a unique premise I really like. It uses a lot of modern day references like smartphones and laptops, except when they mention them they feel, get ready for this, SUBTLE. They very clearly have a use for them and they don't shove them into the audiences' faces to act cool or modern unlike other cartoons. The art style and animation is also nice. It's cute and tame but maybe a bit too tame. I don't know, it looks too friendly at times but I guess that's only a nitpick. I also don't really like how some people in the show just act like jerks around the bears. Don't get me wrong, there are some nice people but I felt like at times some of society would act a bit too mean. So yeah, that's my thoughts on the show. It's one of the best shows on Cartoon Network and I'm glad it's in its family.
40 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another struck of gold for Cartoonnetwork
andrew_heitzeberg5 August 2015
Nowadays Cartoonnetwork has been revolutionizing cartoons of this era with shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show, The Amazing world of gum ball, Steven Universe, Over the garden wall, Clarence and now this wonderful addition to the CN family. This show is simply amazing.It's hilarious and quirky.This show features three bears namely grizzly,panda and ice bear. They each have their own unique personality that makes them different and more genuine.The animation is so soothing and calm for my eyes.Like The Amazing World of Gum ball (another great show from CN) it's like candy for my eyes.This show has likable characters, great humor,unique plots,beautiful animation and art style,and great voice actors. I can't wait for this show to be as popular as Adventure Time.I hope CN continues to make great shows so that cartoons don't die out and they can last for future generations.This show deserves a 10/10.
27 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I love the overall theme
sarahpuff14425 February 2019
This show is so fun to watch and it can even be heartwarming sometimes. It's truly one of the few animated shows that everyone can watch, no matter what age. It's just relevant! Three bear brothers going on adventures in today's society.
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best bear show ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nikolozgvenetadze-090843 January 2019
One of the awesome bear show full with kindness , love between siblings and to people too!and of course coolest and unforgettable adventures of these 3 bears! Even though i'm 21 years old i can't stop watching this show it gets awesome and awesome ! I love all of the three bears! I would like to say big thank you to Daniel chong for creating this cartoon! Daniel you are a genius! So if you'll decide to start watching this show don't hesitate at all! Believe me you won't regret it!
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A phenomenal show with a great amount of potential.
tyler_castro12 September 2015
Firstly, I would like to say that Cartoon Network is one of the best programs right now when it comes to children's entertainment. We Bare Bears, Steven Universe, and Over the Garden Wall (even if it is a mini-series) are prime examples of what this channel is capable of doing.

Regarding this particular show, this is probably the funniest cartoon show I've seen in a long while. And I mean LONG while. It revolves around three anthropomorphic bears who try to blend in with human society.

We have Grizz, the leader of the trio and the oldest, who is a loud and enthusiastic character who has a lot of heart. What I like about him is that he shows pure and genuine care for his friends, on top of his humorous love for everything. Sure, he is comical most of the time, but his character shines brightest when he asks questions in worry and concern ("Are they bullying you?" and "Are we in the way of you making friends?" are some examples of his sincere kindness, where he isn't loudly speaking).

Next we have Panda, who is the middle-sibling. Panda is very shy and to himself, and is in most cases the voice-of-reason. He often spends his time on his phone, for he is obsessed with social media. Panda is also very, very silly. He is the most childish out of the group, and is treated like the youngest a good portion of the time. He is the sweet one, and his innocent and shy nature toward things make him the most adorable. Plus, a lot of people can relate to his love of manga and online-dating. He is a surprisingly realistic character.

Finally we have Ice Bear, the youngest. Ice Bear is the odd one out of the bunch, speaking in a monotone voice, and exclusively in third person. Now, when it comes to shows like this, there is always the odd one. Most of the time, cartoon shows make this character outright random, or stupid. But with Ice Bear, as far as these characters go, got it out of the park. Ice Bear is silent, sure, but he is also very caring with his friends, much like Grizz. Also, while he doesn't show that much emotion in his words, he does feel emotions. There are scenes where he is downright angry, and scenes where he has a giant smile on his face. He isn't a weird funny statue. There is room for a lot of character development in him, as well as the two others.

What this show does right is combining humor and emotion into one. What's great about We Bare Bears is that it will never try and make you laugh, it just does it. The humor flows so smoothly, and it is clean of any bathroom-humor and jokes about bodily secretion. A lot of shows nowadays tend to think passing gas and obnoxiously stupid characters are funny, which is only correct if you're talking about toddlers. This show has none of that; it makes you laugh without it being in-your-face, and it has my utmost respect for that. The show can also be emotional, one episode making me verbally gasp as one character hit another. A particularly sad episode was "Burrito" which had a very emotional ending (which will not be spoiled here).

Finally, the animation. THEY. DID. EVERYTHING. RIGHT! The humans in this show aren't cookie-cutter designs, even if they are in the background. We see curvy women, people with freckles, foreigners and even women who wear Hijabs! Even the sub-character, Chloe, is Korean. I haven't seen a show this broad in characters in a while (besides Steven Universe, which also hit a home run with this).

To sum this review up, watch this show. Only 12 episodes are out so far, but they are great. Arguably the most polished show I've seen on Cartoon Network.
17 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Cartoon ever!
yassirelkins25 August 2015
series speaks for itself, it is simply amazing and funny, a very funny humor with which you will identify much caters for all with a very good plot and characters in each episode that you like and enjoy Each episode of 11min. Have a lot of fun than all family can enjoy This cartoon have a lot of future I don't have anything else to say is a very good show, very funny, etc. Smart funny. Cartoon Network need TV shows like this! So.. I need 10 lines to post this? Well.. Very good very good enjoy cheers lalalalalal lalala cool cool pls let me post let me post I need be eared pls pls let do it come on post post ten lines now
26 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
BEST SHOW EVER
caaroraakash21 January 2019
This is one of the Best TV show ever . Its not only for kids even adults can enjoy this. Best episode for me is the one with flashbacks.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cartoon network new hit
camiacono13 November 2015
This has got to be one of the best modern cartoons for Cartoon network. This show is based on a web comic strip the shows creator posted a while back and unlike other cartoons based on something from the web (via breadwinners, annoying orange and to a lesser degree Fred the show)it's not total garbage. This show has a much slower pace compared to most other cartoons on now which is a plus because even if a show like adventure time and Regular show can be fast pace its nice to have a show with a down to earth atmosphere. But that doesn't mean the show can't have thrilling or adventurous moments, in a regular show like fashion the plot will start with a simple predicament and lead up to thrilling crisis that our bear friends will have to pull through although unlike regular show the crisis at the end is not due to some last minute supernatural force to add extra action and zaniness the crisis in we bare bears is more realistic. The Main trio consist of Griz the leader who is a big lovable loaf who is quick to get into the latest trend to become popular, this may sound petty but it's in good taste because the bares themselves feel and sometimes treated as outcast and he wants to be popular so he and his brothers can be accepted in the human world and he dose have standers to keep by so he doesn't get too sucked into whatever his weekly obsession, Panda who is an anime nerd which is pretty funny considering he comes from a eastern continent and he's the shy, sensitive, calm one who enjoys long walks on the beach...oh wait...But in all seriousness that's one of the running jokes, Panda trying to get a girlfriend, he's not exactly the smart one but he knows the most about teach witch modern media plays a big role in this show pretty well and panda is the go to guy for internet stuff for the trio. Ice bear is the quiet, mysterious one who is also a ninja and master cook. He's quiet but he has some of the best moments both funny and epic. The modern media is pretty unique to this show and as stated before it fits in pretty well though there are a more plots around it than without (at least for now) it the show knows when to take a break from the media. The show has so great animation too it reminds me of a storybook like style, it's simple but it's charming an it fits the shows setting. The show is a comedy and it's pretty rare to find a comedic cartoon know a days that doesn't involve fighting evil one way or another, and that can make room for morals like not having the media interfere with your personal like or keep quiet at the movies or too much of a good thing is bad. I highly recommend this show for anyone really.Especially for kids who should be watching this instead of Teen titans go!
16 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wonderfully feel good
comicsandhalo15 April 2020
Such a cute, feel good show with a soundtrack that, with all that combined, is sure to keep a smile on your face the whole time.
W
ethanacarter20 July 2019
Entertainment for everyone it's a really good show.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cute and quirky, and all around fun time.
DanTheHumanBeing28 November 2018
I'm a 26 year old adult male and I absolutely adore this show, its so cute, and quirky, and its humor isn't all up in your grill like some shows on Cartoon Network sometimes are, it has a very adorable and quirky charm to it. Everytime it comes on Cartoon Network, I always watch it even if its an episode I've seen multiple times.
Awesome show
eatynes18 November 2018
This show is awesome! Great humor, funny characters, just an all in all great show!
Sooooo good!
hagottcha20 October 2018
My family and I have been watching this show from day one. We get super excited when a new season drops. It's like, frickin Christmas.

The theme song is by far the catchiest. We find ourselves humming it at random throughout the day. Even the ending little banjo riff puts a smile in your 💓 for the day.

Yeah, some say it's a bit subdued for a cartoon, I say it's more thoughtful and considerate storywise. We love that you get to form a bond with the characters that helps you share in their brief adventures. And don't get me wrong, the humor is definitely strong within. I laugh cry.

Moreover, as a very mixed cultured family, (we like Skittles, a big ol' rainbow) the social awkwardness is completely relatable. We have all suffered the dating struggles, people concerned with your background, being rejected for not being "culturaly pure". Watching these bears positively work their way through it all is a small comfort. Please watch and support this show. We need shows like this now more than ever.
WeBareBears
zsinyt1292 October 2018
Last year, Plainrock124 make a video qna one question from someone is "what is your favourite show" and he said we bare bears. And I see this show is COOL. Now, this isnt my favoutite show but I love it. This is backup if cn cancell gumball
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best show on cartoon network right now, really a refreshing show!
rivenracket5 May 2017
We bare bears is an amazing modern show and one of the best cartoons I've seen in a very long time, it's funny, weird and exciting all while keeping somewhat of a story line the animation and colors are very attractive and the characters are likable. Overall this is an amazing show and i give a round of applause to the creator.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Promising... I hope.
shonenpunk28 July 2015
I watched We Bare Bears Premiere yesterday and I kinda had mixed feelings about this show…

It starts really well with the episode "Our Stuff", where we get to know the characters, their tics (Ice Bear FTW!) and follow them on a funny quest to get their stolen backpack back. A 10/10 debut episode with a lot of good plot twists. But then, we have the "Viral Videos" episode, that doesn't explore the characters potential and has a way more shallow plot that fails to grab your attention.

So far, it seems like the show has a whole eccentric world and a lot of possibilities to explore, but I guess the writers are still trying to find its type of humor and sometimes they end up trying way too hard to make you laugh. Even so, I believe this can turn in another big hit for Cartoon Network if the they find its formula.
26 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Incredibly funny, great personalities and energetic pacing.
alissongomes-7239216 September 2017
Subjectively, I find awesome how the bears are treated normally just like any other person, and how they, aside another character, big foot, are the only animals able to talk. The personalities are great, each character is fairly unique. The characters are well-developed, they will be different from each other and act in their own and funnily. The humour is honestly perfect, it mixes with the situations and the fast- pacing making you laugh hard at least once or just giggle in a good while. Speaking of which, the pacing is the best point of the show, everything is so energetic and crazy you will not get boring and always pay attention to it. Sometimes it also puts some awkward moments that work really well.

A funny, energetic show you will not get bored of or not laugh to.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This show is GREAT!
enricomuntuuntufirst4 April 2017
This show just was too much excellent! =D I love the cuteness, sweetness, adorableness of the show!! =3 The bears are to cuddly to see. I like Grizz because he is too awesome. I like Panda because of its cuteness. And lastly, I love Ice Bear, although he is quiet, I like his behavior.. Quiet but funny.. =3
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So Random
mildlymorbidx21 June 2020
I stumbled upon this show on netflix. I saw Dimitri Martins name and decided to watch a few. The voicework and animation are great. i like that they are somewhat short episodes cause most of the time thats all you need. Especially like the flashback episodes when theyre lil bears :) Overall.. Its cute and crazy.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.