Central Park (2017) Poster

(2017)

poor movie
yamahapic27 December 2018
Nothing is good in this movie, acting is not acting, dialogues are poor and script and effects are poor..a poor B-grade movie
15 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very average slasher, complete with a perplexing ending!
dlvincent13 December 2018
Slow-moving killer-in-the-woods story, only made memorable by the unanswered questions at the conclusion. Not a great addition to the genre.
13 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
All reviews scoring more than 5 are fake
deloudelouvain4 January 2019
I don't remember how I stumbled on this movie. I started watching it without knowing what kind of genre it was or what the story was about. I have nothing against horror/slasher movies as I do enjoy that genre sometimes but let's be honest there are alot of bad movies in the slasher genre, and Central Park is one of them. The story starts promising but as soon as 'the kids' are in Central Park and the slashing is supposed to begin the movie lost it. The amount of bad descisions is just staggering. For example, every kid spends half of his time on his smartphone in these modern times but in Central Park nobody thinks about calling 911 until the end. The running away seperately like a headless chicken is also so stupid you wonder who writes this stuff. But the worst part is not even the story that is very weak like almost all slashers, but the acting of those kids. It's really bad. None of those actors will ever make it in this industry. Over the top acting and most of the time just mumbling something instead of articulating. Central Park is a B-movie, a bad B-movie I wouldn't waste my time on.
19 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I got mugged by Central Park.
sim-sean29 December 2018
What a rip-off (I actually paid to watch this).... terrible script, confusing storyline, poor OTT acting. Not even an ounce of thrill that you'd might get from B-grade, low-budget slasher flicks. Keep your money, stay away from Central Park. You've been warned.
10 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Couldn't Find Attractive Actors?
arfdawg-129 August 2019
NYC is filled with attractive actors and actresses. This movie couldnt find one to put in it. The main character, Mike is a broken nosed pan faced fugly soul who looks like he was a really bad boxer in a former life and took about 50 beatings -- all to the face..

The girls are all really homely.

Doesnt anyone making a slasher flick realze that we want to see hot chicks?

Not in this film.

What comounds things is that this is really poorly direcetd. Slow as molasses. And, honestly, what kind of more-on thinks it's smart to camp out in Central Park? REALLY?

I agree with the other reviews that say any score above 5 here is a fake review.

The writer and dorector should never be allowed to make another mvie and hte actors need to go back to waiting tables.
8 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not worth it
reckless-6906915 January 2019
Acting, camera - great

Everything else- bad Nothing believable
6 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This Film is a complete FUBAR mess!
ScotsGirl8422 October 2020
Well that's time I'll never get back. It's Halloween season so I've been watching a lot of horror/slasher/thriller films and this was truly horrible. The acting was mediocre at best, the lighting and camera work was awful. As for the story, it's so full of plotlines and backstories that go absolutely no where, there's zero character development and so many loose ends it would drive anyone mad. There is literally nothing good I can say about this atrocity of a film. Don't waste your time by watching it! Pass it by!
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
not so good
ykhachabi12 May 2020
This horrormovie is not so good as other horror movies but still a movie to watch on halloween or something like that
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Solid debut with a great cast. - Spoil Free -
karathefox10 December 2018
The movie starts with a gorgeous pan of Central Park. It moves slowly at first, like an old 70's movie, introducing a group of teenagers, friends from diverse ethnic and financial backgrounds and their teacher. The teenagers are kind of an older version of The Goonies and when one of their father's is accused of orchestrating a Ponzi scheme ala Bernie Madoff they decide to blow off steam and hang out in the park all night. In an unusual and most appreciated twist the perpetrator of said financial crimes, the father of one of the kids, is African-American and his new moniker 'Black Madoff' is front page news. After a visit to the 9/11 Memorial to visit one of the kids' parents' who died there, they're off to the park for a night of fun, making out, and blunts. (very accurate portrayal of teen life today) Once night falls, all hell breaks loose. Is The Man living in Central Park is hunting the kids or is it someone else? When their concerned teacher makes his way into the park we know some real s#$t is about to go down. The kids are now on the run to make it out of the park alive. Amazing acting all around. Solid directing. The script could have been tightened a bit but works. Very inventive ways of killing as well. If you like Ruby Modine you'll love this. It's also a social commentary on the Black experience in this country today. The confrontation with the police is nail biting. Looking forward to Justin Reinsilber's next film.
10 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Movie standards
takato05245 March 2021
When you read a review, and the person says something like "people think good acting, atmosphere, and characters are needed to make a good movie," I can't help but laugh. Why would those things not be needed in any film? Are we supposed to just like the music and maybe setting? Come on! 3 reviews on this movie state what I said, and clearly they are fabricated. I couldn't even start this movie it was so bad. I gave it the preview and 30 minutes. Never again
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It just didn't do it for me
I like simple slasher flicks. Always have, always will. This low budget B-flick had all the makings for a mindless, bad-decision making, buckets-of-blood slasher, but it simply never gets off the ground.

Typically, I rate movies based on the "enjoyment factor," and "did the film hold my attention for its duration..." simple feelings like that. Central Park NEVER came close to either of those two things. T

The pace is tediously slow, as the first near 45 minutes are filled with idle chit-chat...for character development. It was WAY overdone, and frankly, boring. The main 5-6 characters are high school kids, so the dialog is uninteresting. At about the 45 minute mark we see the first sign of "action." As the final act opens up, I had already been let down by the single so-far-still the only "action," as I waited scene after scene for "more action." And that's how it went. I spent the entire movie waiting for MORE...more anything, except idle chit-chat.

As of today (Aug 20, 2020) there is only one other review on IMDb, and that review speaks glowingly high about pretty much everything [as if often the case with these fake reviews, written by accts that have no action but the single review. I'm not saying that Is the case here, but there are number of the reviewer's opinions that I not only disagree with, but are factually incorrect. Those two, in combination, lead me to believe the review is all hype. It is nowhere near the film s/he sees unfolding.

I would consider Central Park as a barely average b-horror flick. The blood/gore was way almost non-existent, and the kills were uninspiring & bland. The script had its moments too, but wanders in to unrelated territory as if just to fill. Just as with the rest of the film, the entire movie script delivers a final product that lacks any real meat. Put simply...it was just a bore.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
good enoff
ops-5253514 December 2018
F made by a newbie its an alright production,if made by an wealthy oldie in the business,i would have been dissapointed, because its merely a lack of budget and free economic resources that restraints the makers of central park from hitting the stars. there are some brutal killings in this flick,and they happens so fast,even though you know something shall happen it jolts you. also the build up of story are stronger than the common horror flick ,with absensce of raw brutality in the start. boring you maight say,but it nourishes the story and expectations alot. acting, well first part ok,but at moments of panick the actors loose credibility in the second half . as i said about economic resources earlier,there are some technical flaws, especially the lightsettings in the night in the park,and day/nite interferrens in the same sequences. beyond that the editing and filmography are very nice. there are still some holes in the plot and q's still unanswered ,so see for yourself,maybe i seizured during the screening.
4 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Suspenseful and atmospheric
sturmdrang23 January 2019
Don't believe the negative reviews. Central Park is an highly entertaining mystery slasher movie set against the backdrop of a Wall Street crisis. It's the unburdened young people who pay for the sins of their fathers.
5 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Teenagers, always getting into trouble
beran-michael30 March 2021
Classic hacker slasher storyline, if you love this genre' you will love this movie, good acting, great camera work.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ambitious story telling
moviegirl-0174127 January 2019
This movie has a real 70's kind of vibe in terms of its story telling. It isn't just a quick in and out slash and burn kinda movie. The writer/director takes his time setting up the story. Overall the acting is very good. The 'kids' are believable and have great chemistry between them . The cops work as does the over concerned teacher and his wife. Definitely worth a watch.
3 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Film
beasting17 December 2018
I don't know what everyone elses problem is with this film, but it is a great horror film that keeps you guessing! These people think every movie has to be top notch as far as acting, plot, actors, actresses, etc.....FYI, it doesn't! This was an awesome horror film regardless what all the other grouches said about it!
3 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really engaging
jacquelinesage-1607214 December 2018
Awesome score ~ very John Carpenter. Newest teen slasher I have seen and absolutely loved it! Totally fulfilling without spoon feeding + great acting and music.
3 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than the current rating
haskel-7295115 September 2019
It's far from great. Loads of potential, most unrealized.
1 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
He's got 5 on it
kosmasp1 November 2020
Silly joke aside, this is about teenagers being just that. Well as long as they can or are allowed to. The riffing and the dialog you hear of and from them, comes off naturally. It's almost a shame this isn't a drama, I think I would have liked it even more. But in the horror department it is lacking certain things to make this exceptional overall.

You have to suspend your disbelief for sure - even so some of the decisions by the characters involved here may strike you as odd to say the least. Especially when it comes to getting authoroties involved. But that aside - maybe you have a soft side for low budget movies and find something in this others haven't .. it's not all bad
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.