Central Park (2017) Poster

(2017)

poor movie
yamahapic27 December 2018
Nothing is good in this movie, acting is not acting, dialogues are poor and script and effects are poor..a poor B-grade movie
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mundane use of Central Park
jackmeat13 December 2018
My quick rating - 4,1/10. The historic Central ParK serves as the backdrop for a basically non-existent story of a group of teens partying in said park. But there is a killer on the loose. Of course there is, since at the beginning we hear about some ponzi scheme and one of the kids fathers happens to be the mastermind. Does this have anything to do with the killer? So past the twist, or not, up to you, this is just you average slasher with no quality kills, no real tension since the teens act like complete fools. I don't really know how anyone can say this is gritty. Aside from the initial shot, you would be hard pressed to even know if this is in Central Park at all. Very forgettable slasher that you would probably be just fine with missing. Oh, and the acting...well, there isn't any unless you include bad acting that is.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I got mugged by Central Park.
sim-sean29 December 2018
What a rip-off (I actually paid to watch this).... terrible script, confusing storyline, poor OTT acting. Not even an ounce of thrill that you'd might get from B-grade, low-budget slasher flicks. Keep your money, stay away from Central Park. You've been warned.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Solid debut with a great cast. - Spoil Free -
karathefox10 December 2018
The movie starts with a gorgeous pan of Central Park. It moves slowly at first, like an old 70's movie, introducing a group of teenagers, friends from diverse ethnic and financial backgrounds and their teacher. The teenagers are kind of an older version of The Goonies and when one of their father's is accused of orchestrating a Ponzi scheme ala Bernie Madoff they decide to blow off steam and hang out in the park all night. In an unusual and most appreciated twist the perpetrator of said financial crimes, the father of one of the kids, is African-American and his new moniker 'Black Madoff' is front page news. After a visit to the 9/11 Memorial to visit one of the kids' parents' who died there, they're off to the park for a night of fun, making out, and blunts. (very accurate portrayal of teen life today) Once night falls, all hell breaks loose. Is The Man living in Central Park is hunting the kids or is it someone else? When their concerned teacher makes his way into the park we know some real s#$t is about to go down. The kids are now on the run to make it out of the park alive. Amazing acting all around. Solid directing. The script could have been tightened a bit but works. Very inventive ways of killing as well. If you like Ruby Modine you'll love this. It's also a social commentary on the Black experience in this country today. The confrontation with the police is nail biting. Looking forward to Justin Reinsilber's next film.
5 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Suspenseful and atmospheric
sturmdrang23 January 2019
Don't believe the negative reviews. Central Park is an highly entertaining mystery slasher movie set against the backdrop of a Wall Street crisis. It's the unburdened young people who pay for the sins of their fathers.
Not worth it
reckless-6906915 January 2019
Acting, camera - great

Everything else- bad Nothing believable
All reviews scoring more than 5 are fake
deloudelouvain4 January 2019
I don't remember how I stumbled on this movie. I started watching it without knowing what kind of genre it was or what the story was about. I have nothing against horror/slasher movies as I do enjoy that genre sometimes but let's be honest there are alot of bad movies in the slasher genre, and Central Park is one of them. The story starts promising but as soon as 'the kids' are in Central Park and the slashing is supposed to begin the movie lost it. The amount of bad descisions is just staggering. For example, every kid spends half of his time on his smartphone in these modern times but in Central Park nobody thinks about calling 911 until the end. The running away seperately like a headless chicken is also so stupid you wonder who writes this stuff. But the worst part is not even the story that is very weak like almost all slashers, but the acting of those kids. It's really bad. None of those actors will ever make it in this industry. Over the top acting and most of the time just mumbling something instead of articulating. Central Park is a B-movie, a bad B-movie I wouldn't waste my time on.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very average slasher, complete with a perplexing ending!
dlvincent13 December 2018
Slow-moving killer-in-the-woods story, only made memorable by the unanswered questions at the conclusion. Not a great addition to the genre.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
good enoff
ops-5253514 December 2018
F made by a newbie its an alright production,if made by an wealthy oldie in the business,i would have been dissapointed, because its merely a lack of budget and free economic resources that restraints the makers of central park from hitting the stars. there are some brutal killings in this flick,and they happens so fast,even though you know something shall happen it jolts you. also the build up of story are stronger than the common horror flick ,with absensce of raw brutality in the start. boring you maight say,but it nourishes the story and expectations alot. acting, well first part ok,but at moments of panick the actors loose credibility in the second half . as i said about economic resources earlier,there are some technical flaws, especially the lightsettings in the night in the park,and day/nite interferrens in the same sequences. beyond that the editing and filmography are very nice. there are still some holes in the plot and q's still unanswered ,so see for yourself,maybe i seizured during the screening.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Film
beasting17 December 2018
I don't know what everyone elses problem is with this film, but it is a great horror film that keeps you guessing! These people think every movie has to be top notch as far as acting, plot, actors, actresses, etc.....FYI, it doesn't! This was an awesome horror film regardless what all the other grouches said about it!
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really engaging
jacquelinesage-1607214 December 2018
Awesome score ~ very John Carpenter. Newest teen slasher I have seen and absolutely loved it! Totally fulfilling without spoon feeding + great acting and music.
0 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.