Kiralik Ask (TV Series 2015–2017) Poster

(2015–2017)

Best Show i've seen so far !
theindiantake24 May 2017
I absolutely love and adore the show and its characters. I have been lately watching a lot of shows and at first when i stumbled upon this one i wasn't too sure if i would like it - but to my surprise i have watched the series over and over again almost 3 times now and i think i might never get bored of it either. I can still watch the entire series n-number of times. Beautiful series. Every character in this series is amazing. I did not want the series to end and i am still hoping they might bring another season.
20 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is a show I keep getting back to...
milebasketas4 November 2017
Definitely one of the best if not THE BEST TV show of this genre that I have ever seen - world wide. Even though I have previously had problems with Turkish television, this one managed to break through language and any cultural barriers. It is very modern, colorful and eclectic, but at the same time shines light on some of the Turkish traditions and customs through some significant events.

One of the greatest problems I've had in the past with Turkish television was that I often felt the dialog didn't match the scene. Actors would often seem either completely detached from the scene or overacting it. That was was not the issue here (I'm talking about the main story and main two characters). They had an amazing chemistry. Line delivery, gestures, mimic... it was truly an enjoyment to watch.

The only downside to the show is the fact that since the show was planned to last for about 3-4 months and have just over 20 episodes, but ended up running for year and a half with 69 episodes, changes in script were necessary. And it shows! For me, by the time that slight setback happened, I've grown so attached to the characters that it didn't really bother me, but I can definitely see why certain people found that problematic.

Like most Turkish television shows, this one relies heavily on emotions... Not just romantic feelings, but those between family members, friendships, colleagues! Characters are truly well-rounded and they have a great development throughout the entire show. Side characters are just as colorful and a bit 'too much' at times, but they all play their part in the story.

If you give this show a chance (and I strongly recommend that you do), you will be laughing and crying, get warm fuzzy feeling and get angry at times. And you will be treated to one of the most beautiful and well-played love stories ever.
15 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If u didn't watch this then u have seen nothing in your life
arohimittal9 October 2017
This series is THE BEST.. Best acting awesome music best story.. Everything is just perfect.. I watched this daily until my battery die.. It taught me many things.. I just loved this.. I cried i smiled.. If u watch this then this is the best thing u do to yourself..☺️i highly recommend this.. U will love this
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best series ever!
esterelisa12 December 2017
I've already watching soo many drama like Korea, Japan, America, Meksico, China but never like this one. KIRALIK ASK just the bestest drama that i watch so far in my life. I have never been hooked like this watching a drama, it's been 7 months I just repeat watch this , even other drama no longer interesting to me. Everything in this series is soo perfect.
12 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
To me, the best series I've ever watched
sweet_fluffy_puppy13 June 2017
This is one of the funniest series I have ever watched. Every episode have a new adventure. You can't stop watching it. It is full of fun dialogues and situations. I still re-watching it whenever I am not in a mood or have a bad day. It really makes me feel better. I highly recommend to watch it. You won't regret!
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing
devikajadhav4 January 2018
This is an amazing show. I have seen other turkish shows, but this one is very different. It has a very global feel to it, very vibrant and insanely funny. The entire cast is top notch, absolutely no doubts in that.

But the best part of this wonderful show are the leads. Baris Arduc and Elcin Sangu have a fire-crackling chemistry, and their acting is superb.

I have seen ask laftan anlamaz also, the stories are very similar. But Kiralik ask came before it and does a lot of things way better that it's counterpart. This again is thanks to the leads. Omer and Defne's love is just amazing to watch, they make you feel along with them.Their love and the pace at which they fall for each other is way more believable than Murat and Hayat.

It was originally intended to be a short series but because of the ratings it was elongated, which is why some viewers might find it too long, but I was not complaining as I got to see more of Omer and Defne.
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
best series i have watched ever
nikhilmalhotra-772488 October 2017
best music..best acting..best story..its more than entertainment..i really enjoyed watching this.if u want to watch this then this is one of the best Turkish series..i highly recommend to watch this..u won't regret..u cannot skip any episode until your battery die..i loved it really
10 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Romantic Comedy series!!!
preethi-santosh22 January 2018
Kiralik Ask (Rental Love) has been one of the few romantic drama where the relationship between the lead actor are so well written. The heroine's confused state of mind and the hero's unshakable love and trust in his lady was great. Quickly solved misunderstandings, open expressions of love between the leads and lots of love, hugs and kisses made this show truly special. Koray, Necmi, Sinan, Neriman etc etc are good and bad in parts. But the leads make everything worth enduring. Great chemistry and performance made this one of my favorite shows.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very nice series
mateoc-7679829 October 2017
Good actors, good movie. Every time the episodes ending was awesome and letting you to don't know what will happen into the next one and creating a suspense. The movie was very funny with all Koray and Neriman scenes also mine. And the romantic scenes between Omer and Defne. I loved the film and I wanted more because the ending will let you like this with a feeling that you wanted more.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
very nice
tudoran_gya28 January 2018
I watched this serial at my girlfriend's guidance surprise ... it was worth the time lost to my computer! The chemistry of the main actors OMER AND DEFNE is not seen by me since Pretty Women! And Koray and Neriman they are the salt and pepper in this serial!Congratulations to the turkish people for such a successful serial, I did not really expected! The theme of the serial is pleasant, good actors, smokes, romance, comedy, all in one! Nice, very nice i recommend!
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved it!!
mehakasghar-8530516 December 2017
This is one of the best shows I have ever seen! this is my second Turkish show after (Ask Laftan) and thats was good also, but this was even better. I am surprised that this show got a lower rating . at first I was skeptical about watching this show because I didn't think it would be good as my first Turkish show but it was even better! the acting is so amazing and the show never gets boring! I love the main couple Defna and Omer, they make a great on screen couple and their chemistry is to die for! hands down one of the best on screen couples I have ever seen and thats why I decide to leave my first review ever! I hope they make more movies or shows together because they are definitely iconic in the Turkish entertainment industry.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unforgettable series
pressysingh5 August 2018
I still surprised to see IDMb can rate Kiralik ask so low while the people all over the world simply feel it's one of the best Turkish dramas ever.Main characters Omer and Defne have become one of the best Turkish drama couple. Speaking from my own experience I can say that I have watched this series a couple of times .Reasons are several1.Chemistry of Omer and Defne is simply amazing. 2.Entire team has done a marvellous job. 3. The songs are absolutely great 4 wish there was Kiralik ask 2 soon
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
reason to watch and not to watch this
aqilsyidie16 January 2018
Well in comparison to ask laftan anlamaz, this is better in term of most of things. reason to watch ! 1. You'll fall for Omer smile, smirk, laugh, and his hot body as he show it a lot ! 2. The way Omer call Defne. oouhh i love this one.. 3. The love between Omer and Defne as both really2 love each other but not in the cringe over sweetness way like ask laftan anlamaz. 4. Their chemistry is superbbbbb !! thumbs up to the director and both main lead. 5. The way Defne act whenever she is near to Omer. that is soo adorable and Defne is sooo beautiful.

reason not to watch ! 1. the drama is tooo long ! 69 ep with 2 hours running time each is hell for those like me who used to watch korean, japan, thailand, taiwan drama which usually only have bout 16 - 30 episodes with 1 hours running time. so think carefully whether you have time to watch this or not. or mybe u can skip most of it and just watch Omer and Defne part since that the only thing that you might love. 2. the drama start best at first few episodes and start to be boring in middle and get superb at the end.. 3. it is a bit dragging with the main lead keep being back and forth with each other. 4. i feel tired waiting for that girl confession to Omer bout why she lied and yada yada bla bla 5. to be honest the aunt and koray is a bit annoying though. 6. new character keep popping out of nowhere making a new misunderstanding each time eventhough it get solved pretty fast. 7. MOST IMPORTANT ! you'll have a hard time to move on from Omer and Defne !! i dont know if this is good thing or bad..huhu
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Was. OBeautiful
azita-4021828 May 2018
I enjoyed majority part of the show immensely.The scens played as Nariman and Kory sometimes got to be too much and annoying. The rest was breath taking.Omer and Defne were magnificent. The music throughout the show was unbelievably beautiful. Every single song added more attraction to the scenes and made it more magnificent. The intimacy between Omer and Defne could have been a little more. To love each other that much reguires more than kissing each others on the cheeks, sometimes it did not look real. However all and all it was one of the best shows I have watched. Kudos to writers, directors and of course all the cast.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
FUN AND EXCITING
amimafajriana12 April 2018
I always love kdrama but after watch this drama i guess i'll try to watch another turkish series haha.. For the first time it wasnt a problem for me to watch 69 episodes lol.This drama is fun, lot of unexpected things happend, every character is amazing and ABSOLUTELY you cant denied the chemistry btween omer and defne <3 they're just perfect for each other #Elbar
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Everything what is important in your life!
atmary11 March 2018
This romantic-comedy is good for to teach you for a lot of things as for it deals with friendship, intrique, love, family, marriage, job, work, colleagues, bosses. It tells you truthfullness is important. It makes you better, and when you watch it, you will become cheerful. It makes you laugh. All of the actors were great. Even the final also was perfect! I can reccomend everybody to watch it with good heart. Could anybody reccomend another telenovella like this?
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
i loved it
paryanazari7 February 2019
In turkish series we usually just see cheating and naughty characters who have evilly plans and a hard achieved love with a lot of giant holding backs... but this one has a good love story between two good person and it contains fun moments (i love kuray!) and beatifull sensible feelings.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It gets boring after the Episode 30
mounafelfel16 April 2017
The actors play well. Special up for Neriman and Koray fun scenes. truly funny. The series begins with a lot of suspense and scenes well prepared, great chemistry between Defne & Omer. than they confess that they love each other, and suddenly they only fight and get back to each other, over and over again. What's there left to watch ? Better end the series at this points. instead you'll face 40 other episodes. I regret the very good start that I had to go back to the first episodes to watch it. Unfortunately the series is unnecessarily very long. After episode 30, the authors begin to add unnecessary stories. And even the actors can no longer capture the interest. endless Scenes of disputes between the two protagonists Defne & Omer. The second season is totally useless. What was the use of introducing Pamir if Defne was not going to fall in love with him? Really disappointed because the series started very well.
3 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.