Lady-Like (2017) Poster

(2017)

Review
catpantry4 May 2020
Ron carlo bulids a porch area in his basement. Working without hammer and nails, carlo first takes a seat on the go cart tire he keeps down there. Looks at a picture on the wall of a whale in the ocean with a cesna plane flying above.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I wish I read the bad reviews before....
Veritas9916 May 2020
Now I am only sorry for my lost time watching this. So, attention, spoiler alert!!! A girl is jealous that her BFF has finally a boyfriend. There. This is is what you see, in all 1:22:31 length of the movie. A, and the impression that in american universities you are admitted if you do some sport, then you can spend the years drinking and having sex... Is it just an impression?
Teen Queens
anil-kulkarni-108-8566321 January 2021
A mix of a rom com and a coming of age tale, this has it's moments mainly due to the strong cast and acting. The plot is pretty straight laced and should resonate with a lot of it's target audience. Girl sets up best friend with dishy guy and has to deal with the consequences of being left to fend for herself. Leads to some recriminations and the final reckoning. Goes down easy.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Outrageous student girls get up to high jinks
richard-fieldhouse27 January 2019
A group of students share a house living pretty chaotically. Allie (Stephanie Simbari) encourages her best friend Kort (Kortney played by Allie Gallerani) to pursue Daniel. Allie (the character) finds herself getting jealous when the new couple start to date. While Daniel and Kort are spending more time together, Allie struggles to face up to how little she's actually achieving on her own.

While the acting is generally strong, as someone not living in the US, I found the diction and accent hard to follow for the first fifteen minutes or so - this was especially true of Stephanie Simbari. While things improve as we move along, Allie does also come over as not such a likeable character. It's quite hard to sympathise with her rather self-indulgent attitudes.

It feels a little as though some reviewers here have marked the film up purely because it comes at student excess from a refreshing angle - the girls' viewpoint. It's true that this is a nice change but it doesn't warrant giving the film 9s or 10s. At the same time it's not a bad film. The 1s and 2s don't make sense either. For me, this is a straight down the middle 5.

9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Listen to the 1/10 reviews! Horrible Acting. Crude. Pointless. WHY???
daxdiamond22 February 2019
Listen the the 1/10 reviews. They are right!!! I have no problem with foul language but unnecessary crude language - for NO REASON AT ALL is just disgusting. Why do the writers feel the need to include (in the first few minutes of the movie) that she is going to go shave her P***Y????? Seriously with this??? What is the point of every other word in the first two minutes of the movie being all profane (FOR NO REASON???) It isn't funny. It isn't cute. It is CRINGE WORTHY!!! For a film that feels like someone in high school wrote, directed and produced - it is truly a WASTE OF TIME. I hope no one actually got PAID for any part of this film. What a flop!
12 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Train wreck...
robynsegg31 December 2019
The secondary plotline (the one about the growing relationship of Kort and Daniel) is sweet, funny, poignant and endearing, even if very Aryan nation.

The primary, that of the weird, nasty, unfunny trainwreck played by Ms Luccardi, isn't worth spending 5 minutes on. This is the type of 'friend' who will use you, drain you dry, screw up your life and then move on to destroy others.

However, just to make a bad movie worse, in the finale she does a Jeckyl switch, apologizes for everything and instantly becomes 'perfect in every way.'

Seriously?
Nope
Bohosoulsister26 January 2019
About 10 minutes in and this got turned off. Life is too short to watch mediocre movie.
26 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No No No - Not worth a stream
ForSciFan23422 May 2020
This movie is so cliche, the main character is so unlikable it's not even funny. She's self centered, extremely jealous of her friend because she has a boyfriend and she is the one who encouraged her to talk to him in the beginning. I can't take any of it seriously so NOT WORTH A STREAM!
Officially the Worst Movie EVER
rayvenrenai-622-3300326 January 2019
The film is about a girl who pushes her best friend to date this guy. Eventually, she becomes jealous of her friend for being in a relationship and completely feeling left out. Which I believe if the writers actually took the time to write the script and not just come up with some crap last minute it could have been good. The writers TRIED to make it funny with cringy jokes which was a fail. It was just pointless to watch. I hoped it would get better but nahhh
13 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Masterpiece
vanfieldhack687 February 2019
Outstanding performance, I just loved the roles. Would watch it again and again and again.
2 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really liked this
bengalangel8525 January 2019
Such a fun girls film :) Enjoy it with a glass of wine n pizza 🍕
13 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty good watch
JulianABlackshear3 February 2019
I like the tech and effects, soundtrack really sounds good at all times (feels epic, tempting) and the script is awesome.
2 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst movie I've ever been subjected to!!!!
zoetammita5 March 2019
Can't believe I wasted 2 hours of my life watching this awful film. No likeable characters and very vulgar script. No redeeming qualities what so ever.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Utter garbage
bretohyeah22 October 2020
Awful characters, completely unlikeable boring plot line and unnecessarily crude which doesn't add to anything. Didn't laugh once. Not worth the time.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Appeal More to Female Folks
egbeyinkasegun26 January 2019
I saw the movie with my girlfriend, although she found it funny and refreshing, I think it was just an average movie, just like many others made each year. I am guessing the female folks will relate better with it than your everyday guy.
12 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chick Flick
natashaw-5253618 February 2019
A very girly film where two best friends reach the "boyfriend stage" which tests their friendship. I found myself struggling to breathe properly from laughing so much.
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible waste of my time
melanietomic29 January 2019
Easily one of the most cringeworthy movies I have watched. It was painful how bad the screen writing was, with terrible awkward moments and so many parts why I was like whyyyy? Lots of unnecessary scenes, the climax was exceptionally mediocre and the ending was just corny and strange. I wish I get back the hour I spent watching this terrible, corny, trashy, awkward mess!
14 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pointless movie, not worth your time
nicolebrieva9 July 2019
I finished this movie thinking, "... okay?" It had no impact on me whatsoever, I was left wondering what the point of the movie was, and I'm definitely going to forget about it.

The main character, Allie, is so unlikeable. They try to make her relatable but she's just rude, inconsiderate, lazy, and mean. Pushing people off of benches, disrespecting professors for no reason - she's not even in her first year of college and she's so immature. And the fact that she relies on her best friend, Kort, for everything is ridiculous, like she can't even get ready without her? Grow up.

The way she helps her friend get a boyfriend and then gets jealous about it makes no sense. And her friend isn't any better for ignoring her after getting a boyfriend. What really baffled me is the "breakdown" Allie has where she gets drunk and harassed Kort and her boyfriend and then falls in the garbage. And then Kort tells her she doesn't have a boyfriend because she's "lazy" and suddenly Allie has a life-changing mindset and changes her life around from night to morning. It just seemed super rushed to me, literally nothing happened in this movie. And don't get me started how half of the movie was just Kort getting a boyfriend; based on the synopsis I thought the movie would be more about Allie and not Kort. But that got way too much screen time and the rest was just way too rushed.

The other characters were super shallow and weren't really funny at all. I didn't mind the vulgarity of the movie but do college girls really talk like this? It was obviously made by a man who doesn't understand women and just makes Allie a boy-crazy jealous mess with no morality. She's not 13 years old.

I gave this 2 stars instead of 1 because I wasn't bored enough to ditch the movie mid-way, but honestly it was a waste of time, not memorable, and just ridiculous.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just cheer up! Dangerous mental health messaging
rkwrkb2 February 2019
Apparently all it takes to turn your life around is a stern talking to, then a shower and a good tidy up. This film contains some worrying messaging about mental health: saying that it's normal to be depressed; adults who are meant to help (the dean of students, WTF?) will wisecrack instead of showing concern; and if you just pick yourself up by your bootstraps your life will turn around!! And, even better, once you start wearing colour instead of those grey sweatpants, boys will like you! Which we know is the holy grail, right?
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good movie
KennethLCadorette1 February 2019
Was hesitant to see this film at first.....and now I am so grateful I saw it!! This is an absolute beautiful film, do yourself a favor and see Lady-Like!
9 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't waste your time
emilykiki127 February 2019
I have no idea why this movie has got such good reviews because it deserves none of them. One girl just dumps her best friend because of some guy she just met and the other, I don't even know where to begin. The way they talk about boys, friendship, college, basically everything, is totally unbelievable.

Both the characters are unlikeable, but especially Allie. She's rude to everyone, doesn't take anything seriously. Supposed to be a comedy but I didn't even laugh once.

Don't watch this piece of crap
15 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Shameful.
diforst28 April 2019
Who paid people to act and produce this? I'd be embarrassed to be connected to Lady Like
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Worst
cassie-2835023 January 2019
One of the worst movies I've ever seen. The story couldn't be more stupid and predictable and the best friend character tries so hard to be funny that I cringed the entire time. Seriously horrible. I'd rather sit at the DMV.
11 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Totally True!
seguntayo26 January 2019
This totally happens to most of all! All the time. We think it is a great idea and we even go ahead and land our bff this great guy only to start feeling left out in the cold when they both starting hitting it strong.
7 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I wish I could rate it 0
jackattack6923 April 2019
This is absolutely one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I love super cheesy rom-coms and fun girlfriend movies, but this....this is absolute crap. I can't even imagine having a friend like Allie (the main lead). She is exactly the kind of friend no one should want and no one should have, and yet it seems the writer was trying to make her somehow relatable and likeable? Not even close. It was very cringe-worthy most of the time. Just an absolutely terrible movie.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.