In This Corner of the World (2016)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 9 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for thematic elements including war-related images|
Sex & Nudity
- There is a brief, completely nonsexual bath scene between two very young girls. Their backs and the side of one's breast can be seen.
- It is implied at one point that the main character has (keyword) Accidentally wandered into the red light district. Nothing sexual is seen or referred to.
Violence & Gore
- We see lots of people who are hospitalized/ill during the wartimes, with some of their bandage-wrapped wounds having visible blood.
- 1 use of d*** in the english subtitles
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Adult characters are infrequently seen smoking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Some of the bombing scenes are quite loud and intense. The images and references to tragedy, though normally done in a subtle matter, may disturb very young or more sensitive viewers.
Violence & Gore
- A little girl is killed by a bomb, though we don't actually see it happen. The main character also loses her arm in the same explosion.
- A little girl and her mother are injured by a bomb. The mother's arm is torn off and she is covered in blood and glass shards. A moment later, we see the little girl sitting next to her mother's corpse, which is rotting and covered in maggots. This is quite shocking as the rest of the film is relatively bloodless and most deaths are shown off-screen.
- A burnt body is seen sitting in front of a house. Some characters say they didn't recognize him because his face was "melted".