Fahim (2019) Poster

(2019)

A Masterpiece
locaner12 September 2019
This movie is a masterpiece, beautifully telling the story of a young man and his struggle with adversity. I would watch it again and again, highly recommended if you like emotional thrillers, many props to the cinematographers for their work in this movie and capturing the raw emotion of this story. Suitable for families and people of all backgrounds
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Touching Story
maximetuloup19 October 2019
A father leaves Bangladesh with his son Fahim, a chess enthusiast to introduce him to the French Master of this discipline and allow him to fulfill his dream even if the truth is much darker. Fahim is a film inspired by a true story, a story that highlights our humanity, but also the big problems of our society. The characters of the film are very touching, Assad Ahmed who is rather bluffing in the role of the little Fahim but also his father played by Mizanur Rahaman who delivers a delivery of a great sensitivity. Isabelle Nanty is always so friendly and I do not think I need to explain why Gerard Depardieu is a monstrous actor. Fahim is not a great risk-taking and even chess games are filmed with simplicity, but we let ourselves be carried away by this story which takes its main strength in its relation to the real facts. And it's a good thing.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Political chess
seventhriotontheship10 March 2020
"Fahim", in spite of the political component, is still a kind and light-reaching film. Such feature films are especially needed now, at a time when the problems of refugees and immigrants are so acute. I can't not note the unsurpassed Gérard Depardieu, who played many important roles and here, again, declared himself involved in the side of kindness and peace. Cool movie! Watch - you will not regret it!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.