Bunk'd (TV Series 2015–2020) Poster

(2015–2020)

Ruined Now...
drcjsloannuh9 July 2018
Bunk'D Was always cheesy and unreal, but it was funny and entertaining. But NOW, after the great Season 1 And Season 2, they've RUINED the show. They eliminated the best charecters: Jorge, Tiffany, Xander and Griff. Now it's just Lou, The Ross Kids and some new charecters whom are LITTLE KIDS. This show is ruined and is dangerously un entertaining. Don't even give Season 3 A Chance And Go Watch Something Else. RIP Bunk'D
34 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 3 ruined a great show
diana30357419 June 2018
If it isn't broke don't fix it. They removed everything that made this show great then didn't even address where all the missing characters were. The new characters are not at all a good replacement. I'd rather they had just ended the show at the end of season 2.
35 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome!
nicolemvera14 June 2018
I saw this show on Disney and it's really fun! I wonder why the others don't like that show but for me, it's a funny show!
10 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
end this show ASAP
serena-muffin17 June 2016
Really awful show. No redeeming qualities. I get that it's just Disney channel but c'mon... The dialogue is sub-par and the kids that scream it aren't much better. They take Ravi's stereotyping too far. I'm not Indian but I'm pretty sure they don't carry samosas around all day in their pockets...I mean really Disney? how did that get in the script?? So many characters embody the worst aspects of immaturity and barely make up for it, if at all. I guess I'm glad I watched this so I can make sure my kids won't... Shows only get worse it seems. These kinds of shows will only hurt the younger generation and ruin their values. Nowadays television is where it starts. This i sad.
29 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bunk's or Junk'd
RyanWinter10030 September 2016
I would say the dialogue and story lines of this show is for the three- year-old. But I would be insulting three-year-old kids. There is no excuse for the ridiculously silly dialogue of this show. I believe this program is linked to the other Disney show JESSIE. It has the same corny infantile scripting. In JESSIE, the character Jessie had some of the worse dialogue in the history of Disney. Cartoon squirrels had more meaningful and funnier lines. But this show has gone to a new lower level. It must take the writers 10 minutes to produce these scripts. If I were forced to say something positive, I would compliment the sets. They OK.
21 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
How did this get a 3rd season?
zarrnedd24927 July 2018
Wow where do I even begin...this show is so bad.

The show has basic kiddie com humor that I'm not mad at, but I AM mad at the godawful characters. Zuri & Emma are the same as they were in Jessie, but their 7 & 13 year old personalities DO NOT belong in their 14 & 20 year old bodies; Ravi, Tiffany & Jorge, are just flat out racist stereotypes; and Lou is the weakest protagonist I've seen on Disney Channel.

There's no consistent plot to the show & the characters never change, so if you've watched 1 episode - you've pretty much watched all of them.

The 3rd season's sudden & unexplained replacement of Tiffany, Jorge & Xander with 3 young children was odd...none of the characters have developed enough for them to just leave like that. The show should've just ended after season 2 if there was problems with some of the cast not wanting to return.
15 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 3 & 4 SUCK
wallyrootbeer-411905 July 2019
Bunk'D was actually not a bad spinoff until Season 3 came. Disney got rid of Xander, Jorge, and Tiffany with no explanation and they were probably the most interesting part of the show. So Disney decided to replace them with these three bland kids who can't even act. Then what does Disney do for Season 4, they take away the Ross Kids! WHAT?! Wasn't this spinoff about the Ross Kids because it's a spinoff to Jessie. Now we only have Lou and six other bland kids. Lou is probably the only one keeping this show from failing. This show started out good then sucked by the third season. I recommend the first two seasons but don't watch the two new seasons.
12 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Two seasons are more than enough
lagranluzazul26 August 2016
The reason why this show doesn't work is not the fact that the action is developed in a little restricted area place instead of big New York (if it were for that, "Gilligan's Island" should have been cancelled after the first season). The reason this show doesn't work may be very simple. In "Jesse", the relationship between the nanny and the charges is the starting point for the funny situations, because the nanny can be a little wacky but preserves intelligence enough to display. In "Bunk'd", however, the camp counselor, portrayed by Miranda May, is an idiot (I'm not talking about Miranda, but her character), leaving all responsibility of the show on the kids. But with Emma just worrying about her maybe-or-maybe not boyfriend, Zuri trying to swindle money from other campers and Ravi not knowing what to do, there's little space for laughs. Finally, I should say that if there's some running show that should have been cancelled after just one season (as happened with So Random), that show was Bunk'd, but they're lucky, a second season is running now. But it doesn't surprise me at all from Disney. Actually, what really surprises me is that this show comes from the same producers of "Jesse" and the pilot was written by the same staff from "Austin & Ally".
15 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome kids show! Funny puns for adult laughs too,
oregonian-7361029 November 2015
My grandkids can't get enough of Bunked, I have to tape it since it's all they want to watch. I love it too, I find myself laughing, great writers and actors! I think it will be a hit. The other bad reviews on here are ridiculous, including the one saying its racist, give me a break! People are never happy when a show is all caucasion or if multicultured with diverse actors, this show includes something for everyone. This show is a good all around family show, love the summer camp theme!. My grandkids reaction and love of it proves it to be a true hit. Thanks Disney for this show, we are anxious for the next episode each Friday night! 10 stars all the way!
19 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Taking their characters to camp
bkoganbing31 July 2015
As the Jessie series comes to a conclusion the kids that Debby Ryan was being a nanny for have gone their different ways. Three of the Ross kids, Peyton List, Karan Brar, and Skai Jackson have gone on to star in this new series Bunk'd which has them becoming camp counselors in training. At least for Ross and Brar, I can't picture young Skai Jackson as being anything but a camper.

The good thing about carryover series like Bunk'd is that we already know about the characters from Jessie and what they're all about. So the fashion maven List and the physically challenged Brar will have built in situations for them in the future. List already has her eyes on counselor Kevin Quinn.

When I was a lad and watching Disney shows back in the day we never would have had a character like Nathan Arenas whose main talent is flatulence. But it comes in handy at least in that first episode.

This teen comedy off the Magic Kingdom assembly line should please the young viewers.
12 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bets TV show ever !!!!
ljubomirrivero10 September 2016
I was very happy when Jessie came out it was a really funny and awesome show it made me laugh every time but sadly for some reason it had to end ... I was really sad until the announced a new show Jessie spin off called Bunk'd when I read that it was the continuation of the show I was superrrrr happy the first season was super cool and very funny I couldn't get enough and then they said there was going to be another season and I was like Yeah I just love Bunk'd so much the second season was even better than the first one !!!!!! And I really hope there is a third season and much more !!!! These show needs to have at least 5-6 season because it's very funny I'm not saying these for me only I'm am saying it for all the Jessie's fans and all the Bunk'd fans out there ... So I really hope there are more seasons of theses show and I really want to see Luke (Cameron Boyce) again and also Jessie (Debby Ryan) and the butler (I forgot his name 😂) these show has brought joy to more than a million people and more so I really hope there is much more !!!!
11 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I'd rather throw rocks into a river
mrstapler22 August 2018
This show is boring as hell, every episode has a plot shallower than a piece of paper. You can get better actors by hiring homeless bums with Vienna sausages, tries too hard to reach out to kids, and the message for every show seems forced and unnecessary. Not yo mention the god awful laugh track
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Change the channel, let us watch
knightbaby-945145 May 2017
Look if you don't like the show change the channel, no one is forcing you to watch. There are those of us who like the show and we don't need your negative feedback. I don't pick it apart like some do, I just enjoy watching. With all the crap on TV these days it's nice to watch something that doesn't involve sex, murder, drugs, filthy language and double everything. Don't Watch. It isn't perfect, nothing is, but it's better than most shows today. Everything good is taken off and all the junk is kept on. Go watch the scum junk on the other channels.
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful show with no redeeming value, "comedy" with no laughs
kdkalish221 November 2015
My wife and I watch several of the Disney shows with the kids, and since they are tailored to kids, we lower the bar of expectations as a result. So I don't want the reader to get the impression that we expect the quality to match the top critically-acclaimed adult programs on the air. That being said, after about 10 minutes, I couldn't wait for this show to be over. There may have been two lines in the entire episode that I had a small chuckle over, but the remainder were just lame. While I am aware that the predecessor show Jessie played on stereotypes of the Indian character Ravi, this show now also has a stereotypical Asian character that is super smart and high-strung, etc. I am not Asian, so I am not saying this because I am offended of my race being portrayed in this manner, but it's the same old lame stereotyping that just wasn't even slightly humorous. Do we really want our kids to think that all Asian kids are like this? Other than that, I guess there's no harm for kids to watch it, if they have 1/2 hour a day to waste, but as a parent, I'll skip watching this show with the kids and watch other Disney offerings with them instead.
18 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why?
rockyroseling8 August 2015
The title basically tells my reaction to the news that Jessie was getting a spin off. It's not like the show was critically acclaimed or was that popular, so the only reason I can think of why this was made is simply for a a quick cash grab.

As far as acting goes, it seems like the actors are genuinely trying to pull off a good performance, but it's so hard to tell when you have been given such horrible characters to work with. I'll give the show this. At least they got rid of Luke, easily the most annoying character in Jessie, but that was only because he's starring in "Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything" which is bound to be terrible as well.

And the most annoying part of the episode is Emma falling in love with a guy she literally just met. No, scratch that, she didn't even meet him. She saw him. He's supposed to be "a hot guy" with "abs" and stuff like that. I knew this would happen at some point, but not so soon. Also, judging from another promo, he can also sing. He's not even a character, all he is is a walking dollar sign. He has no character traits and no personality. Dumb 10-year-olds will be tuning in only to see the relationship between a Emma and a hot guy and for no other reason.

And the side characters are annoying. I think they're supposed to be funny, but it sure doesn't come off that way. They are what make this show unbearable. I have never seen such annoying characters. Literally the most annoying side characters I have ever seen.

While it's not the worst thing I've ever seen, there's simply nothing to like here.
15 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I love this show, uplifting with a good message
kelsichun1 December 2016
I don't care what the other reviews said, i do love this show. One thing about this show is, is that it gives a great message: You can overcome anything, and you're a lot more capable than you thought. I understand it's a bunch of rich kids who went to camp. But honestly, it still shows that even though you think you cannot do something, that just means to try harder. The example is especially apparent in Ravi. He seems to fail at almost everything, but he doesn't allow that or the jeers of his friends, family and peers to discourage him. And that's a lesson I think we all should learn. I also like how all of the protagonists are good people at heart. It really put the kids of Jessie on a more personable level, and not "those rich kids." They became kind of like the rest of us, having to face the real struggles of trying to succeed in the world. And as we watch even the first episode, we find that they're actually very relatable characters.

So all in all, a good show. I do feel bad for the character of the camp administrator, Gladys haha! It seems Disney was going for the "lonely and pathetic old hag" character, and they succeeded in spades! That actress who plays Gladys is awesome!!
8 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best shows on Disney channel
laralr-8068530 June 2016
Unlike most of these exaggerated reviews, I think that Bunk'd is a great show for kids. Even I enjoy it while watching it with my younger brothers. I also like that it's not a musical. Sure some guitar songs here and there but they have a different story in every episode and it brings back old memories of my summer camp experiences. The only thing that would bother me would be the Asian stereotype of Tiffany. Other than that, I think it's great! I even went from hating Emma in Jessie, to loving her in bunk'd. The character development is good too. I love how it's just kids having fun at camp with no singing careers, super spies or super powers. I rate it an 8 out of 10 and recommend it for families in need of a laugh.
9 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
great show and learning experience
churchjohn-5041728 April 2016
I think Bunk'd is one of the best of the sitcoms. Emma, Zuri, ravi and Jorge are great performers and very talented. I only have one complaint- Why was Tiffany excluded from 4 episodes, she's my favorite.

The show does not stereotype, the actors auditioned and were chosen to fit the character. I think it shows diversity and how our younger children do not care about color or nationality they are friends despite that, a lot of us adults could learn from that alone.

Keep the show going and my favorites are Zuri and Tiffany.

The show gives children an idea of what life is like when you are away from the comfort of your home. How to get used to meeting new friends, and life in the wilderness. top Disney show.
9 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely Horrible! I hate every moment!
sheldonchorta8 August 2015
When I heard that Bunk'd was a spin-off of Jessie, I knew I was going to hate it. I just didn't know how much. When I reluctantly saw the first episode, the first minute got me so angry. Where do I begin? First, the idea. This idea is worse than Best Friends Whenever, but at least that show is Funny! Bunk'd's premise is so cliché: three rich City kids have to go to dirty, disgusting camp. That is not an idea; that is a cliché. And a really bad one. Next, the acting. My idea about the acting in Jessie was that the director (Deby Ryan) was caught up on acting that she forgot to direct. Here, the director only has one job, so why does s/he do it SO BADLY? The acting feels like a child is inside each actors' body. I especially hate the teen with white painted hair: she is more annoying than the minions! She only has two notes: Pain in the butt, and total jealous douche. Everyone else falls into my last thing wrong with the film: the comedy. This comedy is worse than anything the Nostalgia Critic has reviewed. Every joke has to do with references that kids won't get IN A KIDS SHOW or quirks or misunderstandings. None of those make good jokes! All in all, this is not only one of my most hated shows on Disney Channel, but even one of my most hated shows PERIOD. It is that bad! Unless you have a half a brain cell left in your head and you want to get rid of it as quickly as possible, NEVER WATCH THIS SHOW.
19 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the worst Disney shows
TheMask1016 July 2019
Jessie was such a hit show. It was super funny. Then, in bunk'd they acted as if Jessie was not there. The plots and storylines just got old. Maybe Season 1 was the only half decent/ half good season. Then, from Season 2 they ruined the show. I don't know why you take out three main characters. Then, take out the Ross kids. This show is suppose to be about the Rosses. Some of the acting is terrible.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not funny, and borderline racist
btrusnak3 April 2018
There is nothing funny or entertaining about this show. They reinforce ridiculous racial stereotypes such as the extremely academic driven Asian with intense parents and the smelly Latino boy.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
BUNK'D JUST SUNK'D IN THE OCEAN FAST!
lizzie-2558825 March 2018
I am a big fan of Jessie, and was hoping for the spin-off series to be good, but i just couldn't like it. This show is so awful, the parts supposed to be funny are just so cringey, you will literally DIE. And if that isn't enough to make you not watch this, well then, just watch clips of the ugly fat boy Jorge, trust me you will regret every single second of time you waste on this garbage.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not appropriate for elementary school kids
kristenavans11 July 2016
Several others have mentioned how awful this show is in regards to stereotypes. They are correct. I watched several episodes with my stepdaughter and cringed every time the Indian and Asian actors came on screen. One thing that really bothered me (and I'm not a prude by any means) was an episode in which one female had an obsessive crush on the teen male. Another female made a bet with her that she could not go 24 hours without flirting with him. The female then made suggestive comments whenever he was close by to the obsessed female, in hopes to make her fail and flirt with the male. I really don't think this is what young kids should watch. No child should watch a character make borderline sexually harassing comments about someone. Pretty much the entire plot of this show revolves around this male character being "hot" and various female characters wanting to date him. All in all, this show is a shame. A camping show (with simple, romantic undertones) would have been a really good niche for Disney. However this show falls flat because it relies too much on stereotypes and is borderline inappropriate.
9 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Now this is funny!
a34trgv11 August 2015
Warning: This review will contain minor spoilers, if you haven't seen this show you might want to before reading this review. I highly underestimated this show because some spin-off shows like Teen Titans Go pale in comparison to the original; however, this spin-off is just as or otherwise better than the original. In lieu of Jessie, Bertrum, and Luke, Emma, Ravi and Zerri are CITs in Camp Kikiwaka where get into all sorts of antics and shenanigans while at the same time learning something new everyday. After watching the pilot I was instantly hooked on this show; the characters (old and new) are all very likable, the writing is very solid and the jokes hit home almost always. The show even shakes up the love triangle cliché and has the boy completely uninterested in the rival girl. Also believe or not, I even thought the toilet humor was hilarious (disgusting, but hilarious). The actors deliver there lines on cue and there's never a dull moment in this show. I can honestly say this is the best sitcom I've seen yet. I highly recommend children of all ages to give this show a watch and even parents can give this show a chance too. I plan to watch just about every episode of this show and laugh each time; definitely better than any of the sitcom currently airing on Nickelodeon.
12 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved Show Before this Season
smdonnell8 July 2018
This season they have changed the show from a family show toba show for the under 6 set except the material is too mature for them.

They jumped the shark on one of their few remaining decent family programs left.

Bring by back the old cast too and some conflict Billionaire kids running a swank camp where you get everything?

No thanks...
6 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.