Stranger Things (TV Series 2016– ) Poster

(2016– )

2,138 Reviews
New Season when
dollybear-0716431 May 2021
I want new season right now I waited almost 2 yearssss😭 This show is pretty good. The story keeps you glued and I absolutely love the characters. There are still many mysteries yet to be solved. In my opinion S3>S1>S2.
10 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 3 feels like a parody of the show.
JarekReanimated4 July 2019
I don't know what happened but this is a different show, it's almost a comedy now. Everything about it feels off, the pacing, the directing, the dialogue and writing, even the characters are almost caricatured versions of themselves. Only fitting that My Bologna by Weird Al played in the second episode.

First two seasons were great, S3 is a parody of those two.
465 out of 643 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved seasons 1 & 2, but...
publickeyes5 November 2019
... Obviously they have new writers for Season 3. What used to be mysterious, intriguing and provocative is now as imaginative, sophisticated and engaging as an old "Three's Company" rerun.
47 out of 59 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Netflix Nails it again.
From_the_Future15 July 2016
It can hook you immediately, everything seems fitting , the setting , the acting , the direction. Just as it should be. Bringing out the perfect blend of 1980s nostalgia. It gives mixture of taste of big 80's movies.

You immediately get hooked with the story , which is amazing because it takes time for me to get invested in a story.

I have been a fan of David Harbour Since the Newsroom , and he is just amazing.

You're scared , Intrigued , you're completely invested. With perfect setting.

I am really looking forward to where this goes from here on in.
1,068 out of 1,530 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 3 ruined it for me
jddesignu26 August 2020
The first two seasons of this show were so good! I even rewatched them before the third season was starting. And then..the third season. What a letdown. It seemed like they were more concerned with putting in 80's references than keeping the shows interesting and engaging storyline from the first two seasons. If you're debating whether to watch the show or not, watch the first two seasons and stop there!
48 out of 61 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I dunno.
ayubnor-8968514 March 2021
My thoughts on Stranger Things have become more mixed over the years. I think season 1 is incredible. It offers some a great cinematic lens while giving compelling characters. Season 2 is really good but lacks the charm of the previous season. Season 3 is pretty mediocre imo. Feels like a parody of 80's nostalgia.
34 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another one bites the dust
dameterpeter16 July 2019
Season 1 is a declaration of love to the 80ties ans films like critters, gremlins, goonies and some others. They picked up the in hindsight trashy charm of those in a perfect way. Season 2 was still good, but i guess tv-series routine kicked in and with season 3 it became somewhat generic. It takes half the season episodes to pick up speed, the subplots are too equally big and too disjointed from each other, yet fail to generate the necessary tension, because when you have more then one storyline you have to let the viewer know more about the antagonist side or you get lost. Often out of proportion aimless bantering are not helpful either to develop the story, they are just annoying. Some scenes are superfluous. Basically you are watching half the season without really knowing what you are watching exactly. Failing to articulate the plot they fail the suspension. Hopefully they will do a better job on the final season.
323 out of 455 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent Show
oscarwilson-4669226 July 2020
The first season was 10/10. I can't quite articulate what's been lost in seasons 2 and 3. The mystery I think? Part of the horror was watching people struggle against an unknown enemy - a single unknown enemy, another of season 2's downfalls. Also the fact that the children, teens, and adults were initially separate, fighting the same problem but with slightly different stakes and information, was really fun to watch in the first season. None of this is to say later seasons were bad (though 3 was better than 2), but they don't live up to the brilliance of the first season
46 out of 59 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 3 is very CHEESY.
mohdriyaz8527 August 2019
Started of well but the season 3 has turned in to comedy circus. The writing is pathetic with cheesy one liner. all the characters trying too hard to have their say and all of a sudden everybody wants to be heard, by the way how did Russians manage to make a huge bunker in America???
77 out of 103 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stranger Things season 3 is garbage
adrielemilianosauza9 August 2020
Season 1 was great, season 2 ok, but season 3 is trash. This show is overrated.
79 out of 106 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Went downhill fast
ihauntu3 February 2021
Season 1 was incredible. Season 2 after was passable, but not nearly as good. But season 3 however, it almost feels like a parody, everything about it is just off and it so blatantly misses what made the first season great.
54 out of 71 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 3 is just lame
thesikaleon18 July 2019
No idea why they ruined the series so bad. Please save your time and don't watch season 3. It's tv series at it's worst, trust me!

Season 1 worth a 10/10 but IMO rating comes according to your worst season. And season 3 worth like 0/10, even 1/10 is high
77 out of 104 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 3 was terrible!
darryl-olsson22 August 2019
If you liked season 1 and 2, you will hate season 3. The script was just terrible. Some bad Russians have infiltrated the US for some reason, and Noone is aware except for the kids. My God what rubbish this is. I saw half the season before I had enough. Worst thing I've watched for many years.
86 out of 117 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What happened!!
vickterry-792453 March 2021
While I was watching the third season i kept wondering if it was a joke or not. unfortunately it wasn't, third season sucks!
39 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 1,2= great. Season 3 = a complete joke
khaledsabahi23 July 2019
Season 1,2= great. Season 3 = a complete joke So childish and illogical
65 out of 87 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stranger Things Should have ended in season one
irvingmlozano14 August 2020
I thought season one of the show, while not without flaws, was a fun and mostly well-executed coming-of-age story and adventure romp that paid homage to family movies of the 1980s like "E.T."

However, after a season two I felt seriously regressed, and a third season which seems to be regressing even further, I can't help but feel the charm of the show is wearing incredibly thin.

Part of the reason the show wears thin, in my opinion, is the lack of any interesting usage of the time period it's set in.
83 out of 113 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 4? Don't think so!
FHMPlan3 October 2019
Writers have really screwed it up big time this one! If you're out of ideas, give it up already!
74 out of 100 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
ST was great, but currently it is not.
antoniorodriguez-955609 August 2020
What went wrong with this show? Everything. Season 2 and season 3 were garbage.
60 out of 80 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A spectacular mash of E.T, X-Files and 80's.
IgnisWolf15 July 2016
With its amazing 80s atmosphere and creepy X-files meets E.T feel this show is set to impress. Within its first 8 minutes of run time I could tell I had found something special here in Stranger Things.

Its intriguing story gives information at a great pace and I never felt myself getting confused of bored and there were enough twists or turns to keep me interested. This also had some rather great horror sequences and their use of lights flickering while yes a common trope fit so well in to the story I was on the edge of my seat every time the crackle of electricity shot through my speakers and the lights flickered.

The characters of the show are the true stars here, I loved every single one of them. They were all great with amazingly interesting flaws and the way they mix and clash with one another was fun to see unfold. They certainly help to carry this show although I would say that the government antagonists of the show felt a little flat and under developed and not nearly as memorable.

Production values are also quite good with some beautiful cinematography, editing, lighting and sound. My goodness I loved their music choices. I would say that the CGI does look a little obvious and from time to time I did notice some issues where the scenes didn't look quite up to scratch. I do think however I've been spoiled for visual quality since Game of Thrones so I would take that criticism with a grain of salt because it certainly didn't detract from the overall experience. The setting and style of everything in the locations where also great to see and felt real and interesting. The way everything was shot also captures every moment expertly and really helps to draw out those story moments with greater emotion.

Stranger Things is one of those special shows that I stumbled across and after the opening I knew I was hooked. Its exciting dark tale is expertly woven through its 8 episode run time and I know I will be back to re-watch this one. The ending is fairly well rapped up with a few loose story threads left hanging, with a promise for potential follow on seasons but the story is quite satisfyingly rapped up by the end. Memorable, exciting, dark and haunting Netflix knocks Stranger Things out of the park, 10/10.
755 out of 1,122 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great until it's not
petekay-1924410 March 2021
Third season was a big disappointment. It's boring and it doesn't make sense!! It was a great series but now it's a normal Netflix teen drama with stupid and unbelievable characters. They should have stopped in season 2.
36 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dissapointment
mvassilis22 July 2019
Complete n utter demolition of all they built on season 1-2. ..
50 out of 66 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beware of Season 3
masktanager25 August 2019
The dark story is still there and it's enjoyable to watch but unfortunately I had to skip many parts in season 3. The majority of the scenes have this awful teen comedy theme with that typical annoying goofy background music that goes with the "jokes". They are all the same and doesn't lead the story anywhere. When you see it coming, just skip 5 minutes of the episode and you won't miss anything important.

I'm very disappointed in the direction this show has taken. 2/3 of this season is something you expect to see on a bad Nickelodeon show.
88 out of 121 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unwatchable
FHMPlan25 July 2019
After two excellent seasons, everything is off in this one. The script, the forced humor the dumb tension. And then the kids that used to be so good, now awkward teens.
68 out of 92 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Extremely overrated - interesting concept turned into money grab
joopadoopa6 February 2021
The first season is good. The second season is alright, but nowhere near the quality of the first. The third season is all over the place, not good at all.

This is yet another example of a series that had a strong start with an intriguing story that just becomes overwatered and pointless once the directors figured out they could make big bucks off of it.

Not to mention the very punchable faces of most of the main characters. Steve is probably one of the few redeeming characters of the show as it goes on.

First season is a go, but don't waste your time on the cheap money grab that is the remainder.
45 out of 59 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bleh
vincents19738 July 2019
Season 1 - 7/10 Season 2 - 6/10 Season 3 - 2/10

Season 3 is a totally disaster, is it a comedy? They trying so hard to make us laugh, but failed badly

Nuff said
61 out of 82 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.