Five years after her husband and daughter are killed in a senseless act of violence, a woman comes back from self-imposed exile to seek revenge against those responsible and the system that let them go free.
John Gallagher Jr.,
Marcus Luttrell and his team set out on a mission to capture or kill notorious Taliban leader Ahmad Shah, in late June 2005. Marcus and his team are left to fight for their lives in one of the most valiant efforts of modern warfare.
A marksman living in exile is coaxed back into action after learning of a plot to kill the President. After being double crossed for the attempt and on the run, he sets out for the real killer and the truth.
12 Strong tells the story of the first Special Forces team deployed to Afghanistan after 9/11; under the leadership of a new captain, the team must work with an Afghan warlord to take down the Taliban.
The drug war on the U.S.-Mexico border has escalated as the cartels have begun trafficking terrorists across the US border. To fight the war, federal agent Matt Graver re-teams with the mercurial Alejandro.
Benicio Del Toro,
In a visceral modern thriller from the director of Lone Survivor, Mark Wahlberg stars as James Silva, an operative of the CIA's most highly-prized and least-understood unit. Aided by a top-secret tactical command team, Silva must retrieve and transport an asset who holds life-threatening information to Mile 22 for extraction before the enemy closes in.Written by
Part of the film, although the story develops in Asia, was made in Colombia in part because of concerns about security of the crew. Most films that depict Colombia have been shot in Mexico or somewhere else, in part because of concerns about security of the crew, and places like Guadalajara are today (by the time of the release of the film) very dangerous because of drug wars. See more »
At approx 00:24:26 just before Russians walk to their plane, there is an aerial shot of the Airport. The cars in the shot are all travelling backwards proving the video is being played in reverse. See more »
I think there is no defense against someone willing to die. Someone capable of cultivating our trust by offering us the one thing that we want, and the one thing that we need, that's the real weapon of mass destruction. A killer who looks like a hero.
See more »
I understand the criticisms about this movie. But the criticisms fail to consider the movie as a whole and only consider minor things. It is very difficult with respect to me to like a movie, yet I liked this one! I will mention the pros and cons and let the reader decides. I will start with the cons to explain why this movie doesn't get a high rating despite it deserves a lot more.
Cons (as mentioned by criticisms):
1) Camera shaking. It is not perfect but not too bad. It doesn't prevent you from enjoying the movie.
2) Fast dialog. This is an action movie - not a drama. More dialog will make it boring.
3) Story. This a personal opinion. I personally like the story.
Now, why I would give such a movie 8 stars although I am very difficult to be satisfied by any movie.
1) In most cases, in action movies, the good guy (hero) starts weak and suddenly becomes unbeatable at the end. Or sometimes the hero is already unbeatable from the beginning to the end. In this movie, we have a fair war. The good guys (heroes) lose and lose and lose from the beginning to the end. The bad guys are tough and really tough, and many times in the movie you wonder "how are they going to make it!?".
2) This movie is very fast. Everything is fast. You will never get bored. No unnecessary lengthy dialog. It is full from the beginning to the end unlike other movies where the director just pass minutes by unnecessary lengthy dialog and scenes.
3) The twist. Although you may predict the end, but it is really satisfying connecting all the parts of the movie into a single picture.
I write this review because I think this movie got a lot less than what it deserves.
This is an action movie that is fast, straight without any derailing. Good and bad guys are almost equal - Fair war- this creates a lot of thrill. Actions scenes are good and thrilling. The story is also good with a very satisfying end.
Don't listen to criticisms. I strongly recommend this movie. You will not be disappointed.
303 of 452 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this