Wrongfully convicted for murder, Henri Charriere forms an unlikely relationship with fellow inmate and quirky convicted counterfeiter Louis Dega, in an attempt to escape from the notorious penal colony on Devil's Island.
A man believes he has put his mysterious past behind him and has dedicated himself to beginning a new, quiet life. But when he meets a young girl under the control of ultra-violent Russian gangsters, he can't stand idly by - he has to help her.
As Scott Lang balances being both a Super Hero and a father, Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym present an urgent new mission that finds the Ant-Man fighting alongside The Wasp to uncover secrets from their past.
A priest with a haunted past and a novice on the threshold of her final vows are sent by the Vatican to investigate the death of a young nun in Romania and confront a malevolent force in the form of a demonic nun.
In a visceral modern thriller from the director of Lone Survivor, Mark Wahlberg stars as James Silva, an operative of the CIA's most highly-prized and least-understood unit. Aided by a top-secret tactical command team, Silva must retrieve and transport an asset who holds life-threatening information to Mile 22 for extraction before the enemy closes in.Written by
I understand the criticisms about this movie. But the criticisms fail to consider the movie as a whole and only consider minor things. It is very difficult with respect to me to like a movie, yet I liked this one! I will mention the pros and cons and let the reader decides. I will start with the cons to explain why this movie doesn't get a high rating despite it deserves a lot more.
Cons (as mentioned by criticisms):
1) Camera shaking. It is not perfect but not too bad. It doesn't prevent you from enjoying the movie.
2) Fast dialog. This is an action movie - not a drama. More dialog will make it boring.
3) Story. This a personal opinion. I personally like the story.
Now, why I would give such a movie 8 stars although I am very difficult to be satisfied by any movie.
1) In most cases, in action movies, the good guy (hero) starts weak and suddenly becomes unbeatable at the end. Or sometimes the hero is already unbeatable from the beginning to the end. In this movie, we have a fair war. The good guys (heroes) lose and lose and lose from the beginning to the end. The bad guys are tough and really tough, and many times in the movie you wonder "how are they going to make it!?".
2) This movie is very fast. Everything is fast. You will never get bored. No unnecessary lengthy dialog. It is full from the beginning to the end unlike other movies where the director just pass minutes by unnecessary lengthy dialog and scenes.
3) The twist. Although you may predict the end, but it is really satisfying connecting all the parts of the movie into a single picture.
I write this review because I think this movie got a lot less than what it deserves.
This is an action movie that is fast, straight without any derailing. Good and bad guys are almost equal - Fair war- this creates a lot of thrill. Actions scenes are good and thrilling. The story is also good with a very satisfying end.
Don't listen to criticisms. I strongly recommend this movie. You will not be disappointed.
137 of 225 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this