Darkest Hour (2017)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some thematic material|
Sex & Nudity
- None. An old man gets out of bed feet first wearing a robe. A woman blushes and averts her look to avoid getting flashed (which doesn't happen anyway).
- An old man warns after taking a bath, "I'm coming out in a state of nature" before he exits the bathroom. A woman runs away, and after she is gone we see the man's legs as he moves across screen.
- None. No sex or nudity.
Violence & Gore
- The film contains a scene where German bombers drop bombs on British forces taking shelter in a fort, causing explosions. However, no details of injury are depicted.
- An Army officer walks through a sick bay crowded with severely wounded and dying troops in the sidelines. One screams out in pain (in the background). Nothing is focused on.
- There is some use of swear words such as "shit", "damn" and "jerks".
- Use of the word g_d d***.
- A British expression "up your bum" is used but is seen in a joking way.
- "Bugger" is used in strongly and in various many forms
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Many characters, in particular Churchill, are shown drinking and smoking in various scenes.
- in 99% of the scenes with the main Character he is shown drinking various liquors, pouring a glass, asking for refills, etc.. When asked how he can drink throughout the day and manage he responds "with a lot of practice". Another quips that Churchill has alcohol for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert.
- The main character is shown at all times with a cigar - either smoking it, lighting it, looking for matches, etc. He quips to his wife maybe he could cut down from smoking 4 a day.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Dramatic and heated discussions of enormous soldier sacrifices. the suicide mission of 4,000 troops with no evacuation is discussed, the almost certain loss of 300,000 troops at dunkirk is discussed, previous failed missions are discussed involving the loss of thousands of troops. A woman shares that her brother died in the war.