Blame (2021) Poster

(I) (2021)

Are we living like the olden days?
nogodnomasters4 October 2021
Five close friends decide to leave the friendly city of Chicago in the winter and travel through a blizzard to get to a cabin in Wisconsin. We discover later they all have their secrets. They are forced to break into a school in order to survive. They split up and later they find one of the group dead, bleeding from the head. At this point they turn on each other.

The story is slightly interrupted by an investigation that takes place later or else it was simply poorly edited. It made it confusing as if there was some entity in Wisconsin that kills people. Didn't really like the characters. Not the cast from "Friends."

Guide: F-word. No sex or nudity.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
10 stars?? Lol ya right.
Draysan-Jennings23 September 2021
All the 10 star ratings are definitely fake. The fact that someone actually sat through this entire film is beyond me. They say you can tell by the first 15 minutes if a movie is any good. I gave it 20 then turned it off. 4 stars.
8 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The whole film is in the trailer.
whitemanfromtowne21 September 2021
You know a movie sucks major ass when the whole film is in the trailer. A super rock hard pass for me.
11 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Snooze fest
takato052430 October 2021
This movie was stupid dumb. Sure, I couldn't relate to any character because I'm not young and white, but I don't think your everyday young and white people could relate to this either. No character had any type of charm towards the audience. The acting was wooden. The dialogue...well they spoke like English wasn't their first language and it was dubbed. None of the conversation sounded fluid or natural. The ending was a gut punch. I cringed so much I thought my face would get stuck that way. These people shouldn't quit their jobs as barristas and store clerks.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't sweat the 10 stars, I rate on a pass/fail.
tailsofthewind18 November 2021
Please tell LIZ ANNE HILL that she needs to release "Human" on iTunes! It is soulful and beautiful!

And that, I am sorry to say, is the most moving thing about this movie. It's a grownup continuation of the two childhood "friends'" backyard play fighting, complete with a camera and a commanding director friend and a whiny weenie friend, it's just now there's a snowstorm and women added to the mix. Enough said? Yeah. Except for when the end credits roll and Ms. Hill sings HUMAN. Brava!!!
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
When Student film made with a decent budget
sanjidparvez21 September 2021
Pretty dull thriller. Mostly the script & characterizations were lame & one dimensional. The main idea or plot wasn't nothing new but could have been done with a more intriguing approach and obviously with a better script.

Overall, felt like watching a student film that somehow managed a decent budget & production value.

Skip it, save its 86 minutes of runtime and spent that with friends & family instead.
13 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Alright waste of time
confirmeddeath22 September 2021
Not the best movie, but not the worst movie either.

A lot of flaws, but if you can look past those you can waste your time on this if you are bored.
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No need to watch this
gaarauzumaki_99213 October 2021
Honestly if you are out of ideas, go rewatch something that you know you like.

This is a generic student film with some budget behind it. The plot is bad, the acting is even worse.

Maybe if you watch it with your friends with a couple of drinks you can laugh at a lot of cringe dialogue and acting scenes. But watching this alone? Don't do it to yourself.

At least they didn't stretch it to two hours or something so there's that I suppose.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really incredible indie movie
richardblake31422 September 2021
This film was shot in -50 degree temperatures in the middle of a polar vortex and the cinematography is stunning. The score is original and effective, and the performances by this young cast are authentic - that is, none of them are whom they seem to be. Loved it, and damn the ending! The whole thing lines up in one awesome moment. Worth the watch.
12 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nonsense
agm-781085 November 2021
I honestly don't know who would rate this movie a 9 or 10. There was no great mystery or suspense here.

So much of it made no sense. Why did Logan try to kiss his step sister? That was not explained and added nothing to the movie. Logan and Blake are supposed to have been friends for most of their lives but they turned on each other in a second! And I can see Mia supporting Blake's lie but why would Ella agree to lie to the cops? Ella is supposed to be Andy's best friend.

Other things that made zero sense: turning off their phones when they didn't have directions to where they were going. The police touching all the evidence without gloves. Ella going around the back of the building to pee during a severe snow storm AFTER they had broken in. Why wouldn't she use the bathroom inside the school?? The police explaining to teenagers that they had video of everything & that it's called surveillance. This is 2021. Also before the trip Andy is telling her friends about cameras her parents have set up in the house. And Blake waved at the camera at the gas station. I could go on & on. It was just awful.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The acting was the worst I've seen in a long time
lovelyxnight22 November 2021
Not one person could act out of this cast, it was unbelievably bad. I could not make it through the whole film because it felt like it was a bunch of high school students acting out their first play. Awful.
Flat and boring.
psychowitch8721 September 2021
The dialogue was 80% fighting and drama. No depth in the characters at all.

There was some weird and awfully stupid decisions that made no sense, not even in a movie. It was like the characters were really really dumb.

It could actually have some potential if the actors were better and the characters had more depth.

Don't waste your popcorn on this one like I did.
19 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty decent for home video
soorya1313 November 2021
I actually liked it. It obviously not a 10/10 liike some people have posted, nor is it as bad as other have rated.

This is a very low budget movie, perhaps made with someone's retirement savings or some such thing.

For that scale, the script and execution are not bad. The script is about 5 young friends, some of which are killed in myserious circumstances and the surivors suspect each other.

The characters are shown to be unreliable narrators. For a bunch of tight close friends, they have plenty to hide. The police officer (who is also the script writer?) has a job to siift through these narratives and hopefully catch the culprit.

Initially I thought this would be a slasher movie, where pretty young kids are just brutally butchered. But the second half was a pleasant suprise. The director did a decent job of holdiing this well.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Interesting Story Line
Chica86Marie9021 September 2021
Love films that keep you guessing and this one does just that. You can never quite figure out what exactly happened, and the ending delivers. Worth the watch, I enjoyed it!
12 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can't believe I wasted my time on it...
ae0050526 September 2021
It is really a movie without any real brain used in it from any side, Actors, Director, Story and even sequences.... Perhaps dirctor thoght it will be good idea to enact a simple situation of a crime whcih was actually an accident. And then people plabe a BLAME-GAME and finally will lead to a real murder. Then will try to hide and wet get caught at the end. A very small interesting point which needs a real master piece of director's job to produce a good eye catching moving from it; otherwise, there was nothing in the storry itself to make a good movie; and pathetic acting made the movie a sleeping pill for movie lovers.

I have a folder in my movie collection named "Boring collection." This movie is going to find a place there, I like crime mystery and thrillers though.

Slowly the rating has depleted to its deserving value and that too is still larger than it shoud have...
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't watch
chellmi-0745521 September 2021
I am sorry to say that the acting was bad and the movie was time wasting. Everything seemed false and not believable. Do not waste your time by watching this. I am very disappointed as the story line sounded good, but the movie did not deliver.
21 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This movie should be left on the curb to be picked up
jasonhayes191119 November 2021
Today, I was stuck at a railroad crossing and watching the train go by was more entertaining.

This movie had a poor plot and I've seen better acting in professional wrestling.

How do people get money to make these movies? I want to know, because obviously they are letting just anybody do it. It was free and I still want my money back.
Just... awful
pyrobabe1317 November 2021
Made it 20ish minutes in (wanted to quit at 10 but I tried to power thru). I wanted to kill all the vapid, annoying and poorly acted characters myself from the moment they were each introduced. But they get worse! It's awful. Just.. so very awful. Please don't waste your time.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Much needed fresh entertainment!
cynthiastegner22 September 2021
There's so many new shows and movies to choose from on streaming platforms it's nice to finally find something that held my attention all the way through and had a great pay off at the end!! It's a movie you have to watch twice, there's underlying themes going on from the very opening shot! I'm so impressed and happy I discovered this film.
11 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad all around
deweezil119 November 2021
Must have looked good on paper. Terrible acting even worse plot. I can't even write 150 characters required to submit a proper review. Good thing is I didn't pay to watch.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I genuinely enjoyed this film
huhemluke22 September 2021
Blame kept me intrigued throughout its entire length, and I have to say that its score was great, as well. I loved the uniqueness of each of the characters and found its storyline to be very clever. The camera work and editing was very clear and crisp. The plot twist at the end caught me by surprise and will probably keep me thinking about it for weeks to come. Overall, Blame is well-worth your time.
8 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You must watch this movie
brooklynea-4076025 September 2021
I loved this movie! It was well put together and the story line was fantastic. It had me on the edge of my seat waiting to know who did it.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome Cinematography
michy-9789521 September 2021
Beautifully shot - The weather plays a big role in this story line and it looks amazing. Good plot, I stayed interested through out. Small Cast and they were all great!
12 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved it!
wwforlife21 September 2021
If you like a good "whodunit" you will enjoy this one.

It is suspenseful, but not scary. Has a great plot and solid cast. No agendas driven in this one, just a fun, entertaining movie!
13 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Classic murder mystery
jamesheniff22 September 2021
A duel homicide, a group of friends, unfamiliar people and surroundings, leave you guessing, "Who done it!" It is suspenseful and paced with a dance of accusing dialog. I enjoyed the ride!
9 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.