Perfect Match (TV Movie 2015) Poster

(2015 TV Movie)

Paul Greene charms again
BurberryGal26 January 2019
Cute story, great chemistry between the leads! Definitely worth the watch. Hallmark needs to put Paul Greene in more movies
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Idiotic
bertverwoerd16 February 2016
If you like ALL your men portrayed as a particularly mongoloid subspecies of Neanderthal, and ALL your women stuck in a worse princessy Disney rut than any real life royalty ever was, then this movie is for you.

The gender roles would have been called ridiculously dated in Victorian times, let alone in 2015. A script so outdated and unoriginal that the writers seem to try to underline the fact that history always repeats itself. A plot so contrived and unfunny that the 1939 invasion of Poland probably got more laughs.

We know Danica McKellar can do so much more. Here, she certainly doesn't get the chance to do so. As such, the whole movie is one big waste of talent, money, and, if you choose to watch this, time as well.
16 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
unrealistic but great song and actors
novagirl1114 January 2019
It was really annoying that the logistics (especially the timeline) of the wedding planning was ridiculously unrealistic. I really like the two stars together, though (luckily, they work together again in Campfire Kiss - check it out!). I love the dance lesson scene and the song Marry Me (Train) - it was perfect!
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
More Paul Greene!
lyndavanleeuwen21 September 2019
We watched several of these rom com films. Danica McKellar is a very annoying lead actress! I understand the format is she has to be won over, but dear heavens, I don't think she's worth the effort! Pail Greene is a very likeable lead actor! He worked very hard to won over a real pain! He deserved better! The child actor is quite good, and very tolerant of the annoying mother in the show! We be glad to see much more Paul Greene, less of Danica!
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
nice guy, unlikeable girl.
sarajimi12 May 2020
The story had potential but the female lead was almost entirely unlikeable. McKellar's character was essentially neurotic and her whole definition of team work seems to be others doing what she wants. her wedding planner has a very narrow definition of what a wedding should be and is not open to anything non-traditional - completely missing the point that she has been hired to find a solution for both bride and groom. as with many rom-coms, the men ae the ones who the viewer is supposed to find fault with (tbh, I usually find the woman as imperfect); while green's character was overly oblivious to wedding realities, he at least knows the meaning of the word compromise. none of the women listened to the groom's desires and in the end the bride got everything she wanted, except the pink bow tie. not really a major point: I know McKellar is big on math, especially for girls, but does she have to put it in EVERY movie?
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Repetitive idea
star-9510023 September 2019
It's a fairy end tale. The end is unrealistic. It's good if it was a children story. It's unlikely that someone who has a personality like Jessica that she will open up about her personal life so easily. It think it should take longer time and more resistance to open up. Many aspects of the story needs to be more realistic. However, the actors did their roles as if they lived the roles.

I wonder why the wedding planner wear the same dress several times.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
***
edwagreen8 September 2015
A very typical Hallmark tale where a wedding planner meets an events planner by chance and winds up coordinating the marriage of his cousin with the girl.

Two different people, loving their professions are joined together, and there is an aunt of the groom bent on seeing that love blossoms between the two planners.

Of course, the two are unable to get along when it comes to the planning of the wedding of his cousin. We basically have a woman with a son, interested in old films, unusual for a boy his age, who loves what she does, endorses marriage, but because her own marriage failed, she fears the pursuit of romance for herself. The guy is essentially a loner with his birthday trips decided by throwing a dart at the map each year. The film shows how eventually they are drawn to each other.

The philosophy of the guy usually is the enemy of adventure is used often and is effective.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great to see Linda Gray from DALLAS again.
jewelch21 November 2020
This was a really good love story the son made the show tho. Yes I recommend it. James Welch Henderson Arkansas. 11/20/2020.
Realistic for single women
klkelly-129649 October 2020
Both my sisters have been through nasty divorces and this is a cute movie to have the hope one day you will find a match. Though maybe it is not easy or he might not be exactly like you it shows you to try to open your mind and your heart.
A Rather Routine Romance
atlasmb5 October 2020
Jessica Summer (Danica McKellar) is a wedding planner who is very particular and detail-oriented. Adam Parker (Paul Greene) is an events planner who likes to think outside the box and live spontaneously. Naturally, when circumstances cause them to work together on the same event, we can expect them to rub each other the wrong way and to fall in love. This is a TV romcom after all.

But it helps if they have real chemistry and the transformation in their relationship seems not only plausible, but fated.

Unfortunately, McKellar and Greene demonstrate little heat. This has more to do with the script than with their performances.

Graham Verchere, who plays Jessica's son, Luke, benefits from some good lines and is very likable in his role. He's a classic film buff who likes to pepper his speech with references to old films like "Casablanca".

The story is predictable. Nevertheless, there is some pleasure to be derived from a resolution when everything falls into place.
Lovely film
studioAT7 April 2020
Two wedding planner's clash and then of course, this being Hallmark, realise that opposites may just attract, in this fun film.

Danica McKellar and Paul Greene have really good chemistry (they would reteam for 'Campfire Kiss' a few years later' and I liked how the whole film wasn't just their characters bickering, we could see them begin to settle their differences/fall in love.

Elise Gatien is also good as the bride to be, and she would repeat a very similar role in 'Ms. Matched', another Hallmark film a few years later.

I really enjoyed this film, I thought it had a lot of heart.
Beautiful story
kathytexan-1258512 March 2020
I like the way the wedding planner met each challenge gracefully and creatively. I could see why the Paul Greene character was falling for her. I like a story where the man pursues the woman. And just when it looks like he's finally given up...

Great to see Linda Gray - she's always been one of my favorites. Paul Greene and Danica too. The son had a lot of fun lines from film noir. Good casting and story!
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Wedding Planner Falls In Love While Planning A Wedding
Desertman8423 June 2019
Danica McKellar does anther wedding TV movie for Hallmark entitled, "Perfect Match". She plays Jessica Summers, a wedding planner as well as a single mother. The other cast includes Paul Greene,who plays Adam Parker, Jessica's love interest, together with Graham Verchere, Elise Gatien and Anthony Konechny.

The story has Jessica getting requested by Gabby to plan the wedding of her son after she realized that her son requested his cousin, Adam to organize the wedding. When they are forced to work together, we get to see Adam and Jessica get close together and develop a romance despite their differences in personalities. And before the credits roll, we realize that both have become lovers in the end.

Well, we expect these "routine" plots for Hallmark wedding movies. What makes it watchable and enjoyable is the casting especially with Danica McKellar, who became well-known as Winnie Cooper when "The Wonder Years" was on air. Her cuteness alone makes the viewers happy despite how predictable and clichéd the movies that she appears in and the characters that she plays.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Palatable
phd_travel7 February 2018
Danica McKellar is one of the more watchable and less irritating of the Hallmark actresses. She doesn't come across as fake and silly like some. She has an okay chemistry with Josh Kelly her costar who plays an event planner.

Wedding planning has been done a lot in rom coms but here it is a bit different with 2 different people trying to work together to plan a wedding for his cousin. Linday Gray looks okay still as mother of the groom.

OK for one watch
1 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
don't like him
SnoopyStyle23 July 2019
Single mom Jessica Summers (Danica McKellar) is an event planner who gets into a clash with rival planner Adam Parker (Paul Greene). Young couple Lucy and Paul don't agree about their wedding plans. His mother hires Jessica to do the planning. He has other ideas and recruits his cousin who turns out to be Adam Parker. She quits but is later convinced to rejoin the team.

Wow! I do not like him. Adam is willfully clueless and over-the-top self-assured, all with a smile. I love Danica McKellar but this is her very standard uptight character. There is a way to sell their combative romance but this is not the way. He is bordering on arrogant. She is too set in her romantic style but it can be excused as her work. My biggest fear is that they get together and she learns a lesson to be a free-thinker. She is skilled enough to pull it off but I wouldn't like it. In the end, he gives up a line about planning things that last a lifetime but the character growth is not a well developed journey. I am uncertain whether it's the writing or Paul Greene's ability to pull off the moves. One thing that I do notice is that Adam always has to have his suggestions. The basic plot is that she's presenting an idea and he has to inject his own idea. That's not romantic. Essentially, he is ignoring her ideas and expects to be her superior. He's more than manxplaining. He's mangnoring. Although, some women find the controlling man very hot. I just don't like this pairing especially his character. As for Lucy and Paul, he's too much of a meathead although he has a few great moments. Those moments really save that couple's chemistry. I like that more. My final question is whether she actually gets paid. He's doing it as a family favor but for her, this is a job.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Two Planners Enter - Who Will Win?
kz917-14 December 2017
Danica McKellar and Paul Greene headline this Hallmark Wedding movie as a wedding planner and event planner. They are thrown together to make the wedding of their dreams for a couple. At first they despise each other and are unwilling to pair up and tackle the nuptials.

Eventually they see each other's strengths and might be ready for some adventures of their own!
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.