SAS: Red Notice (2021) Poster

Ludicrous
Mediocre plot, awful acting, and the apallingly untalented Ruby Rose made this utterly forgetable.
119 out of 149 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Read the book instead.
kjjames8125 April 2021
I like many others who have watched this film are Andy McNabb book fans. Yes I know most films never live up to the books in which they are based on but I was hoping that this would have been different, but once again it was not.

As others have said already, this film is full of cliches which I find spoil movies and films like this treat their audiences like idiots which we are not.

If your a fan and have already read the book, do yourself a favour and go back and read it again it would be better than watching this film.

I am giving this film 3 stars and this is generous.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS TRIPE.
75 out of 93 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So much potential...
cjwhitney-6397313 May 2021
I had such high hopes with this stellar cast. It just didn't come together. I've seen so many reviewers panning the acting, and there I disagree, but even Olivier couldn't save this one. The screenplay was abysmal - the most poignant dialogue coming from a 10 year old. It had good action sequences, but they had poor flow with the rest of the film. Each actor seemed to do what they could with what they had, except perhaps Rose who was too happy being a psychopath to be truly psychopathic. It's not a horrible film, despite the haters; it just misses the high mark of expectation given the talented cast.
27 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Does Ruby Rose have blackmail on someone?
tkhan95128 April 2021
This movie was bad. Just terrible. The quality of this movie pales in comparison to the tragedy that is "acting" by Ruby Rose. She was useless in John Wick, and I wish the director of this movie would have kept her dialog to the same amount as Wick. Why cast her for the role of an intimidating character? I think a bunny rabbit would be more convincing than her. The rest of the movie is typical and predictable, but the entire movie is dropped by every scene she is in.

My wife an I were taken out of the movie by our laughing at her...... Watch a re-rerun of Hee-Haw, it would be more entertaining. (I couldn't think of a worse show).
156 out of 202 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice plot but not well delivered
pmarkj27 April 2021
What can I say? What is wrong with the film industry today, geeze continuous bad movies. Not even close to 6 Days.
76 out of 96 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just awful
neilcjenkins8 April 2021
Dull action, awful 2D characters, no chemistry, massive plot holes, poor cgi, and Andy Serkis playing a mad man.... the list goes on.

Please get Ruby Rose acting lessons.
63 out of 80 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
bin it
sundeepsmail17 April 2021
Ruby rose is possibly the worst actress of this generation yet somehow people still pay her to ruin there movies. Her acting just makes me feel uncomfortable. Some of the other actors are better but not great. The action in this looks like a movie from the 90s.
83 out of 111 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Please stop casting Ruby Rose ...
sleszowy1 May 2021
I know movie is a movie but rly ... 50kg girl cant fight toe to toe with guy 80+ kg ...
103 out of 141 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really?!
colinmardell18 March 2021
Utter tripe. Had to suspend disbelief to accept they got finance to make this film. Just a succession of cliches from the titles to the credits.
78 out of 105 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolute garbage
kristoferbulloch14 May 2021
I have seen some really bad films. But this really takes the biscuit.

This has nothing to offer. Acting is terrible, photography and direction shocking.

Honestly I read all the bad reviews and thought I have seen some terrible ones. It can't be that bad.

It's worse. Trust me.
62 out of 83 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stop casting Ruby Rose!!!!!!!!!!!!
pia-ellefsen23 July 2021
I didn't have high expectations for this movie and guess what? It didn't' deliver. I normally love action movies and don't expect Oscar performances. It's entertainment. But this was just nope...

There were no chemistry between Sam Heughan and Hannah J Kamen at all. Not a believable pair.

Ruby Rose can't act if her life depended on it!

I don't understand why she gets cast in anything!

She is a really really horrible actress!!!!!
45 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mass-Product
Tweetienator7 October 2021
Fast produced action flick of TV-level (streaming services). Nothing remarkable, some explosions and gunfights, sometimes okay, sometimes bad action. The pro: you can put all but one of your brain-cells on sleeping mode. Ruby Rose once gives again a bad ass character, but once again she's (in my opinion) a miscast for that kind of role - they should take some serious female MMA fighters for such role, maybe they can't act but they will manage to give some convincing fighting performances. Anyway, good enough for pop-corn munching time and if you want to feel stupid ;)
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The others are wrong!
richardscook-642-70651628 August 2021
So first off, the casting of three non-Americans as an American family was just bizarre, but other than that, this movie is great! I really don't get why the other reviewers are panning it! I admit, I haven't read this book, so maybe it's just the book vs movie comparison that disappointed. Sam plays his character perfectly. Ruby is developing as an actress, and I actually think she was very good in this. Great plot, some good humor in there too. It's well worth an evening on the sofa!
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cring worthy
wilkypw19 April 2021
What a horrific script, really not what I was expecting. I know it's an action movie and I wasn't expecting some bafta prize winning writing but the script, the way it's written, it makes some decent actors sound robotic with no personality. I honestly cringed on more than a few occasions. There was nothing about the film that was good, the story was a decent idea but not great and it was poorly written, the acting was below average, the fight scenes were poorly choreographed. I was expecting more. My recommendation, avoid at all costs.
48 out of 66 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ruby Rose kills another one
joeyford-5534221 April 2021
So boring. If Ruby is a star, it will lose money. This had the dude from Outlander and the dude from Doom Patrol and we still fell asleep. European pacing, means zzzz.
77 out of 112 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Give it a go!
janey-323-60580914 March 2021
Oh come on everybody with your 1 stars - it's not THAT bad. If Gerard Butler can get away with it in all his "Fallen" films then why not Sam in this one? His Lord of the Manor background is a bit cheesy (like they're trying for an 007 audition) but if you suspend disbelief (as we all did cheering on Bruce Willis) it's an enjoyable action film that we all know how it's going to end.......and we get the great British 'C' word into the bargain!!!
132 out of 205 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If there was an option for 0 stars it would be that
sdmxskx17 April 2021
The worst film I've ever seen. Acting is horrendous and the storyline farcical.
49 out of 71 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Utter Garbage
swiss_tonee8 April 2021
What possessed Andy Serkis and Ruby Rose to get involved in this drivel. Two hours of bad acting & dialogue. Terrible storyline. It tries to be Die Hard and ends up being a pile of crud.

Avoid, avoid, avoid.
49 out of 73 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An insult to the SAS!!!!!
harrymackintosh20 March 2021
Choose another film to promote girl power!! Andy Sirkis character is totally unbelievable. There are no women in the regiment. I'm all for women in the forces and in combat. But no woman has even made it to Brecon. I use this to say this film is utter garbage!! What is that gun the main character uses to take down Black Swan HQ?????? The equipment and dress code is even more shocking than the acting. SKY .... this is an insult to the SAS!!!
32 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolute drivel
cam21-660-80160612 March 2021
I so wanted to like this, I mean what a great cast, but what utter rubbish. Badly written (script, I haven't read the book) - it was cringe worthy listening to the actors. Badly edited - it flopped around like a parrot on Ritalin. So badly acted - individually they tried but it just did not gel together. And the whole feel of the movie was like watching a really bad school panto.
149 out of 247 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oy vey
brescd0114 April 2021
What a waste of Sam Heughan! Terrible.

Plot is ridiculous script is ridiculous action is not up to current standards. Sorry.
21 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ignore the haters watch this film they say
medley-6099918 March 2021
Unfortunately I did and regret, truly awful film with wooden acting, pathetic story line not to mention the accents, expected better from Mr Mcnab
52 out of 83 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ruby.......
nlmike10 May 2021
Sorry but she just cannot act. I do not understand why she gets roles. Especially after Batgirl....
31 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
DREADFUL
namstonk12 March 2021
Dear lord my eyes, my beautiful eyes! Not even the brilliant Tom Wilkinson can save this pile of turgid dog poo. The director is a seasoned TV director so should have done better, having said that he did direct The Walking Dead: World Beyond. However the clue was there all along - Ruby Rose. Ruby Rose, possibly the worse actor ever, so bad that her secret power is to make everyone else in the vicinity lower their individual standards and boy do they. Save yourself.
117 out of 201 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rubbish
mbuggy-320727 September 2021
Wasn't real good aye... I've seen better performances.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.