Superstore (TV Series 2015– ) Poster

(2015– )

Love this show!!!
almosthalo16 September 2018
I decided to give this shot one day while surfing Hulu. OMG I am so glad I did. It is one of my favorite shows. I've seen it so many times that I have it playing in the background while I work. All of the actors are fracking hilarious. Being able to watch a show that lets me escape the realities of life is such an awesome thing. Please give this a shot.
28 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very quirky- lots of potential
meemail3 December 2015
Honestly, I throughly enjoyed watching the first three episodes of this show. The jokes were funny, the visual humor was great, and the acting is at minimum, decent. The show itself is a funny concept. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this show. In my mind, it's the best new comedy I've seen on TV all season.

I mark this show down for two reasons: first, some of the jokes and plot points are a bit cliché. However, there is a lot of new material here as well. My other concern is the fast pace. A fast moving episode is fine, but the first episode seems to lack a plot because there are so many different things going on. I think both issues of these improved with the subsequent episodes.

If you enjoyed The Office or Unbreakable Kimmy Schmitt, I would definitely consider watching this show. It's got quirky humor and a unique blend of characters. If you like those things, this show may be for you.
67 out of 82 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Perfect fun with responsibility
supermaggie28 January 2016
I disagree completely that the plot is underdeveloped, and the characters might be somewhat cliché, but that's the idea. In my opinion this is what every story with a message does. It takes archetypes as representatives of all people in a society and shows their reactions, no one would say that Breakfast Club is clichéd because it plays with the archetypes to convey the message. And Superstore does the same, it shows prejudice, narrow-mindedness (from poor to educated and the other way round, both sides!!)wrongly understood sense of love or duty etc. etc., in short: all the topics that emerge between people at a workplace or in society and it does this very cleverly, very holistically and most of all: with a lot of great and refreshing humor -and without mocking its characters - great fun with sensitivity and a message, perfect entertainment, 10 points!
49 out of 62 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It just gets better
Cottontail20187 October 2018
If you haven't watched this show yet, please give it a try! They are into season four now and it is as funny if not more so than season one. Superstore delivers everything I could hope for. It has relatable, well-developed characters that you care about. The storylines are very strong and well-thought-out (there are some excellent writers working on this little gem). To top it all off, this show is absolutely hilarious. I have had a blast watching it and I hope that it makes you smile and laugh as much as it does me.
16 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow
alyssa_anderson-4680417 September 2018
This is the best show on tv by far I love the comedy, and a wonderful cast.
12 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I hope they don't spoil this one
KyleBel30 November 2015
Just when you miss Park and Recreation, and the Office is long over - comes Superstore; another look into an exaggerated part of the American Culture. It's an obvious mock on Walmart / Target style stores (With coloring similar to Walmart), and over the top characters that we may grow to love (If the network doesn't cancel it next week that is). Hopefully this show will pull the much needed ratings to stay alive for a few seasons to gain a following.

First of all Ben Feldman does a great job at portraying the typical American male - who has a bit of fun and slacks off just as much as he goofs around.

America Ferrera is also doing a great job as the possible love interest of our main character.

Then there's an ensemble of other great characters - with very eccentric personalities. Yes this show is stereo typical, yes this show portrays the lower class - but as the show's first joke says, sometimes one doesn't need to judge based on class, rather just sit back and enjoy the show. I think that joke was put in there intentionally - or maybe I'm reading more into it than I should.

Regardless, I've been missing a good new sitcom to fit that style of eccentric humor that was in Parks and the Office. Modern Family is great, but it didn't really hit the same level of weird humor in their characters. I hope this one lasts a few seasons.
62 out of 81 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So Funny!
ginjc9 February 2016
I absolutely think this is one of the funniest shows on TV. Its humor is totally well written. As soon as the next episode comes out, I get all excited. It just takes me into many laugh-out-loud moments, one right after another. Someone is a great comedy writer here. As you get to know the characters, you end up really liking them. It all borders on real-life stuff, but exaggerated. Record it...watch it...and laugh. You'll love it! My kind of humor. I don't like just any humor...but this is my kind. Knee slapping funny. For the folks that don't like this, I think you are a rare commodity and you just have a different idea of what humor is. Majority of the people will love it and we need this to take us away from our daily frustrations of the real world. OK...I can't wait for next weeks episode. I also like Dr. Ken and The Last Man on Earth, but I think this one is at the top of the list. All very funny.
33 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hidden Gem
sailorthekay1 March 2017
The more I watch it, the more I like it. The characters are all progressively more defined and interesting and they all mesh well together. Anyone who's ever worked in the service industry might feel nostalgic watching it-- crappy corporate jobs bring the little guys together and you become a family without even realizing it. This show is an inside look on that. It's fun for the whole family to watch and the jokes are always fresh. Definitely recommend it.
22 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very silly and very funny!
tmt520-877-45406512 October 2018
A very enjoyable show. It's not edgy. It's not political. It's just a great show!
15 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
True story of retail
konjenny8 February 2019
The creators had to have worked in retail at some point in there lives. Spot on!
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Anyone who has ever worked retail....
christinagrace0924 July 2018
My title says it all. If you are wanting to laugh at the horror that is our lives then this is the show for you. Everything you hate in a day becomes hilarious for some reason.
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Superstore is a Supershow!
Spycat22 December 2015
I don't usually like anything new, so not sure why I decided to give this program a try. I know nothing about it going in. In fact, I may have thought this was a different show than it was. Isn't/wasn't there some other show about a big box store that had a freaky stoner looking guy in it? I wasn't interested in *that* one, so like I said, it was a rare happenstance that I lingered on my local NBC station for this.

Liked it right off. I don't enjoy shows that are weird just for weird's sake. While SUPERSTORE (yeah, it's "Walmart") certainly has its share of quirky characters, (don't like that term any longer really...sounds too "indy") they all ring true. Certain "types" one would expect/dread to find in the workplace are all there, but not stereotypically so. I found myself going "yes, yes!" a couple of times when I saw a "type' introduced that I have worked with. Sure they are exaggerated a bit -- this is TV -- but not to a 'no way!' extent. Best yet, the show has a lot of heart.

Anyway, I didn't expect this to tun into a full-on review, but I guess it did. So glad I 'stayed on'.

PS America Ferrera is one cool chick
43 out of 63 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hilarious!
tamtoma20 January 2016
I just watched the first two episodes, and I laughed out loud!! Sure, many of the jokes might be stereotypical, but it's all about the delivery, and the delivery is very smart! Also, I'm already very intrigued about Amy's back story, seems interesting! I think I'm hooked, can't wait for the next episodes to air.

This show sort of reminds me of parks and recreations, which I absolutely loved. There are many shows these days that are either dramatic, Sci Fi, which makes for good TV, but a show like this is always needed. This shows is definitely funnier than most new comedy series. I have missed seeing America Ferrara on TV, good to watch her again. For me her character is the most interesting up until now. The creepy guy is very creepy as well, fulfills the description. The only character I do not like is Dina, she is just annoying and too stereotypical.

I would really hate for this show to get canceled. Seems all good comedies are getting canceled these days, while the bad ones get to stay
21 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
HILARIOUS
jenniferpitt7111 May 2018
This show is so funny! I absolutely love it. It's funny without having to try so hard like a lot of other sitcoms. The characters are spot on. With so much drama on tv now it's so nice to know that I can watch this and be guaranteed to laugh out loud!
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely great show
jennifer-danford3 November 2018
Lots of laughs, great characters. I started watching this show and so glad that I did
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Funny show I've seen in awhile
avattathil15 August 2018
I can't wait for season 4. I probably seen all the episodes like 5 times. Cheyenne's boyfriend cracks me up. Mememeeuu!!
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great start .... looking forward to additional episodes!
john-krotzer7 December 2015
My biggest worry about this show is that people are going to write it off before watching it. If you look at the characters working at the store - one Latina, one gay Asian, one clueless white trash pregnant girl, one disabled black guy, one new Jewish guy, and one really weird guy - it may seem more like they just assembled a group covering every demographic (I am sure a South Asian Muslim will be introduced before we know it!).

That said, I really like the way this series has started out ... I more or less equate it with 'The Office' but in a big box store setting. While the main two characters - Amy and Jonah - get the most lines, I find the secondary characters to be quite funny, especially black and disabled Garrett (Colton Dunn), clueless Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom), and military-tough Dina (Lauren Ash). While some of the story lines may SEEM politically correct, there is a clear parodying of the PC culture that I found funny. The writing is not necessarily up there with 'The Office', but it is good, and I laughed out loud several times. It is also at times a little edgier, with comments about both rape and race that wouldn't necessarily be seen on other shows.

If you like 'The Office', 'Parks & Rec', or 'Chuck', you will like this. My fingers are crossed that this one makes it!
17 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just right
adimond-9812327 January 2016
It's the perfect 20 min show. It reminds me of The Office (US) quite a bit. By "a bit" I mean a lot. (Which is probably why I adore this show so much. If you enjoy The Office, you will definitely like this show. Once you are a couple episodes in, it gets really good. A handful of the characters' attributes on Superstore is influenced by those in The Office. (You will definitely see the resemblance if you watch.) So if you are still reminiscing the show (The Office), Superstore will satisfy your need. (Although it is not filmed documentary style.) America Ferrera and Ben Feldman have a great connection on screen.

Try it out.
25 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So funny!
meganryan-2928910 March 2019
I love this show because it reminds me a lot of my job at Walmart and it's just hilarious! I would definitely recommend it and I hope many seasons to come.
Endless laughter
katean-417751 January 2019
So funny, fun and family friendly. A wonderful movie for all!
Funny show yet..
george-vonarb17 December 2018
I like this show and find it really funny. Yet after four season I wish they would concentrate less on highly annoying Amy and highlight some of the other characters more.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Do yourself a favour and watch this show
danni_storm19 July 2018
Absolute hidden gem. Since parks and Rec finished I've struggled with tv shows in comparison. The humour is brilliant and the actors are refreshingly wonderful, the story line as the seasons go on seems to just keep getting better. It makes so much more sense for those who've worked the sometimes gruelling retail role. Can't wait for season 4!
I Give Up
cshine183 November 2018
This was a great show, until they ruined it by making every episode about political issues. Even if they're not taking a stance one way or the other, we get politics jammed down our throats 24/7, enough already. I watch TV to get away from it, not get more.
12 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love it!
kaekaewright6 September 2016
Was looking for a show to watch with my husband and we were laughing the entire time! Saw three epsiodes so far and can't wait to watch more.sometimes shows are not actually funny and you kinda have to force laughs but this was very funny.I really like the whole cast and they all do a great job with delivery and acting . Another plus in the show is the diversity.all the characters are different races and very different personalities.you will also be able to relate to this show if you have worked retail before!!! IT IS NOT stereotypical humor like another reviewer put ,its creative .stereotypical to me is that awful show empire. or any joke on a Seth rogen movie !! Reference the racist overused jokes on sausage party .anyways this shows awesome.
10 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hilarious and relevant!
This show is well written on two fronts - it's consistently funny, and also it tackles the social issues of today with a variety of views present in it's characters. It's definitely worth watching.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.