In a world where jobs are scarce, in a city where only 20% of the population is employed leaving 80% permanently out of work, a young woman, Izia, struggles to survive. She was born in what they call "the Zone". It's where all the jobless live, delineated by a Wall separating it from the City (where jobs still exist). Over time, tension has mounted between the two territories: some of the jobless have formed an uprising. This group, called the Activists, is stepping up acts of sabotage and pressure, and the balance of power has become tenuous. In an effort to calm things down, the Government has implemented a "Solidarity Job Act": 10,000 inhabitants will be selected from the Zone to work in the City, and will be paid as a result. For Izia, this is the chance of a lifetime: she absolutely has to find a way to be recruited. She can finally earn some money, maybe even a lot of it, and use it to hire the services of a smuggler to help her and her son Noah escape to the "South", where ...
Great Sci-Fi Production. Not Perfect but Well Worth Seeing.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The French have a magical talent for creating science fiction. They know how to slowly build the kind of suspense that keeps you on the edge of your seat. This series took me to a different place I could never imagine and it seemed completely real and natural all the while. Full of fascinating characters. 'Transferts' is another great French science fiction series to watch currently showing on Netflix but not quite as good as this.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this