The Boy and the Beast (2015)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 23 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some violence and language|
Sex & Nudity
- Kumatetsu wears a fundoshi in some scenes, showing his buttocks. He also takes his shirt off, showing his chest.
- Kyuuta also wears a fundoshi in one or two scenes, but he's only a kid.
- Iouzen takes his shirt off in some scenes.
- Kyuuta has a girlfriend, but they don't kiss or do nothing sexual.
- When Kyuuta says "it's my first time", Tatara laughs and repeats the frase. This can be interpreted like a sexual innuendo.
Violence & Gore
- The movie is more intense than violent, although it has some violence.
- A lot of punches between different characters. Some of them are quite violent.
- In the first fight between Kumatetsu and Iouzen, Iouzen punches Kumatetsu and he bleeds from the nose. He's shown with blood some seconds and later he cleans it.
- Kyuuta gets injured in his cheeks, showing some blood. We later see him with the wound all the rest of the movie.
- Kumatetsu starts bleeding, and is shown that Ichirouhiko threw him a katana. He later introduces deeper the katana and Kumatetsu is shown with the katana in his chest and blood in the floor various times. But he's later shown in a hospital and gets better.
- Ichirouhiko makes explosions in Shibuya, Tokyo, but nobody gets hardly injured.
- Is mentioned that Kyuuta's mother died.
- Occasional use of 'shit', 'piss', 'damn' etc. Some name calling between characters.
- The English dubbed version has no use of the words 'piss' or 'shit'.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Kumatetsu is drunk in a scene.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Although it looks family-friendly and it has humour to make it lighter, it can be intense and frightening.
- Ichirouhiko is very creepy.
- There are some semi-jumpscares.
- Some scenes like the first battle between Kumatetsu and Iouzen and "the battle" in Tokyo are pretty intense.
- Some emotional moments.
- The Darkness of Kyuuta is quite creepy.
- Some intense moments of the real life are shown.
- Ichirouhiko creates a very big whale that it can be frightening for young viewers.