Dead Reckoning (2020) Poster

Definitely hilarious 🤣🤣🤣
studioginger16 November 2020
If you take this movie from the right angle, it is almost as funny as the "Naked gun" of Leslie Nielsen. It's done so badly that it does make it hilarious and demential. I gave it an extra star just for the bloopers, that trust me.. Are all over the place 😂😂😂👍
12 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worse than terrible
ferdmalenfant14 November 2020
This movie is exactly like a grade 5 student's A/V essay, and the student get's an F. It's so awful that you feel badly for the actors, actors who will not be adding this catastrophe to their resumes.
11 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
problematic Niko
SnoopyStyle17 November 2020
Tillie (India Eisley) is a troubled girl on Nantucket Island. Her parents had recently been killed in a plane crash. She falls for cab driver Niko (K.J. Apa). The problem is his murderous brother Marco (Scott Adkins). Agent Cantrell (James Remar) is on the case.

Niko is a problematic character. K.J. plays him like a nice guy. I buy his inner conflict with his brother but he tries to be the good guy. This apparently is inspired by the Boston Marathon bombers. The problem is that this movie is nowhere near sophisticated enough to do justice to the complexity of human relationships. There are awkward turns here with Niko. I don't buy his character even without the inspiration.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worse Movie Ever By Scott Adkins
mtahiralumatec14 November 2020
All the Actors should get Oscars!!!

Never seen such a worse movie!
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Astonishingly Bad
Stoshie31 January 2021
This film was such a mess I had to look up the director to see what else he has done. The first film he directed was "Romeo Must Die", which I liked. After that, it was a string of B-level (at best) action movies with B-level (at best) actors. Then came this mess.

There is just so much wrong with this movie. The "revenge" angle made no sense, since it was directed at the wrong people by the bad guys. The dialogue was awkward, laughable at times. The acting was uninspired. It was like this was thrown together in a few days just to try to make some money. Even the subtitles on the DVD are messed up. At one point we see a small airport. The subtitles say "(helicopter chopping)". Then into the frame comes a single-engine small airplane making a lot of noise. No helicopter in sight. There are other mistakes in the subtitles, too.

It's said here that this movie was "A thriller inspired by the Boston Marathon bombing in 2013". Other than there being two brothers, there was no similarity. It was just like any number of other "terrorist" movies. If I was a survivor of that event, or a family member affected by it, I'd be insulted by the comparison.

The only saving grace for me was India Eisley. I consider her to be utterly gorgeous. An absolute beauty. Stunning. I could watch her sit and read a book for an hour and half.

Come to think of it, that would have been better than this movie was.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad film that's all I Can say nothing else is good about this film
nikola1724 November 2020
I am Die Hard fan of Scott Adkins even I Met Scott Adkins 3 years ago, he is a very person but I don't understand what's with his career that he chooses to be in this crappy films today sadly like with Incoming, Abduction worst of worst No Surrender, dear god now with this film it's like Scott Adkins has to pay bills to just to collect money get this film role that he never cares about, this is the worstest film with Scott Adkins I have ever seen. this is most baddest film I have ever seen don't expect Scott to be lead role or to be anything he is not Yuri Boyka as cruise ship welcome board type no, who would make a teen romance drama mixed with loosely based on brothers that blew up Boston Marathon Bombings I am like what kinda idea is that? how did this piece of crap got a green light for? waste of money, waste of time, waste of cast time, waste of time writing this film, waste of time for Scott Adkins simple as that if you watch this film it's gonna such biggest time waster that is not worth of your time believe me or not don't watch the film just for Scott Adkins I was curious about what the heck is this film all about? this film was filmed back in 2016 because I saw imagines and film set it was originally titled Altar Rock so if this was shot back in 2016 what toke so long to release it? I wasn't waiting for this movie and pretty sure if this never got made I would said who cares I am waiting for Accident Man 2 and more Undisputed films and other projects that he is doing. other cast main young actors India Eisley known for Underworld Awakening, she did fine in film what can I say you enjoy little nudity scene with her in film that was most surprising thing I saw in film what else was surprising

story follows that during Boston Marathon Bombings happened while opening scene you have Scott Adkins sitting at Bar with his long hair like in 3rd Undisputed film or him in triple threat I am getting tried with him with long hair sitting at bar like he wants to kill someone but no red flags when they see him? then in present day Tillie Gardner (India Eisley) her parents got killed at Plane crash then she lives in with her step family with 2 lesbian mums?? I am like weird then she meets Niko (KJ Apa) then you have this romance together then you have Marco (Scott Adkins) playing terrorist then you have this twist where you find out it's his brother, so then you have Agent Richard Cantrell (James Remar) he is FBI agent that wants to find Scott Adkins character take him down. the script, set up of story is surely to blame more director I loved Romeo Must Die, Cradle 2 the Grave, Exit Wounds, DOOM but sadly never got to make a another bigger film he made Maximum Impact then to this bad film

I can't believe it because I wish this director could make another big film again but sadly he is getting slaright to Video demand crap but hey director Andrzej Bartkowiak made his another worst film of all time like with Maximum Impact but jeez I wish he could make another big action movie not like this topical crap. I don't know why this scene has to do with Boston Bombing why can't this film be a different storyline. Imagine the brothers behind the horrific attack in Boston, throw in sappy scenes of teen courtship, a puppy, lots of girls in bikinis witch I like that but I wish that was in a different movie, The FBI, wooden acting and set it all at the beach. This is beyond cringeworthy. I can't even understand who or what type of audience wanted this type of film?? this is a joke full of it. you have fight scene with Scott and James Remar scene nothing to special scene end of day this is the worst film I have ever seen in my life this is other worst Scott Adkins films ever made of all time just like among with Incoming and Abduction worst films ever made including this film as well
6 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I could not finish it!
drsa7an22 November 2020
The only thing worse than this "movie" was the fact that India Eisley's character keeps a video of the death of her parents on her phone and shows it around...
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Relax and enjoy the flick
pancora15 November 2020
When I stated watching this movie, I was not thinking about the brothers behind the Boston Marathon bombings. I took it as a revenge story, plain and simple, and settled in for an evening's entertainment. I think had the older brother not had an extreme eastern European accent, the terrorism theme would not have been so front and center. I was more focused on the younger Americanized brother Nico torn between his newfound strong connection and romance with an island girl and the family ties to his brother. Shot on beautiful Nantucket with, for the most part, a strong, appealing cast, I watched it with several of my kids' college-age friends and they enjoyed it. The director definitely overdid it with numerous too long, overly violent fight scenes right from the start and throughout -- the movie could have done with less of that.
6 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oscar nomination
xarlieedwards14 November 2020
This film is so bad it should win multiple Oscar Awards. Why do actor agree to ruin their reputation by being in such crepe films? When your script says 'In a dodgy east European accent' any actor should run a mile.

I can't think of a worse film than this :-)
5 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not a 10, but not a 1 either.... Maybe a 5
hollandnigel14 November 2020
Since Covid a lot of movies have for no reason, received negative reviews and ratings, I've watched them and enjoyed them! This isn't the next big blockbuster, it has more of a TV show feel than cinema, but it's not terrible....

I get the impression that it's based on a true story, and not being American I have no idea what it's based on, so if you're not American, you'll probably also enjoy the film...
4 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Beauty
anaisduarte20 November 2020
KJ was effortless in his appearance. India made me feel for her character, every emotion she gave out was making me want to be there for her. The overall location and setting of the Film was superb. Definitely will be watching again!
2 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well, it's a Scott Adkins Film
onexmillion27 January 2021
Scott Adkins films are generally a bit corny and daft and this is no different. I think he's successfully carved out his own niche in the movie business. I'll rate it as a Scott Adkins film. Still, not the best (of his).
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another worst action film! Full of boring conversation, and annoying overuse scene! Not recommended!
kwenchow14 January 2021
This film start with man "Marco" watching the news, and two men fighting at the kitchen scene! As turnout, this film is about Marco need to take revenge on Agent Cantrell, who kill his father! Entire film full of boring conversation, and annoying overuse scene! Such as, overuse of the drinking scene, overuse of the partying scene, overuse of the kissing scene, overuse of the flirting scene, and overuse of the walking scene! Make the film unwatchable! All the action in the film have things broken, and blood at certain point, but overall portray in short amount of time, and messy! Make the film frustrated to watch! At the end, Marco die in the ship with the bomb he blow up! That's it! Another disappointed film!
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.