Where Love Found Me (2016) Poster

Incredible movie!
meganlee-8940815 December 2017
I have watched this movie several times, and each time, I have learned more. Truly, this movie has widened my perspective, brought me tears, and made me "uncomfortable"- not in a negative way though. I don't think anyone should feel comfortable watching the pain, brokenness, and hurt a child goes through. This kind of grittiness keeps one's eyes glued to the screen until the credits roll out. It is an incredibly inspiring movie that I would recommend to everyone.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not your typical Christian movie
lilisant13 July 2018
Christian movies get a bad rap, sometimes understandably so. Bad writing, acting, cinematography, editing on more than a few have turned them into laughing stocks within and outside of the Christian community. THIS movie is different. The story of Hudson, a selfish, naive filmmaker in the Filipino slums is told through different lenses: His, Rubi's, the little girl he befriends and the camera he carries with him. It is gritty, intense, haunting and beautifully filmed. The plight of these children is heart breaking and seemingly unsurmountable as Hudson comes to realize but through Laz, the policeman whose faith in God sustains him in this fight for his city's soul he learns to care and determines to help rescue Rubi at all costs. It is a powerful, touching movie that made me think about how I can help the least of these as Christ so often did and asks us to do as well. I recommend this film to everyone, it's message is not only a Christian message, but a universal one for those wanting to help hurting people in a broken world.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You won't regret watching this film
lisazhao-9509619 January 2018
I usually don't leave reviews on IMDb, but I had to make an account just to share about this. It's an action movie, yet it's deeply emotional and true to reality. Issues such as gang violence, human trafficking, and orphaned/abandoned children are portrayed sensibly. An award-winning performance by the young actress who plays the protagonist is a bonus!
1 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A MUST-SEE film for the whole family!
sarahallen-4499519 January 2018
This heart-wrenching movie based on true events will give you an inside perspective on what life is like for children-at-risk around the world today. It will leave you asking yourself, "What can I do to make a difference in the life of a child?" Where Love Found Me's incredible footage, story line, and POWERFUL message of unconditional love makes this film worth repeated viewings for anyone who wants to make a difference!!!
1 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.