Not sure if it's a good idea to write a review here, as it seems, that Fanboys are rating down carefully considered reviews, just because they are not praising endgame, but so be it.
I was not really disappointed, but I was also not stunned by this movie. It had a lot of shortcomings, logic-flaws and humor that simply wasn't funny or jokes that were somehow not fitting into the storyline. Some characters developed in a direction, I personally did not like and the overall ending to the movie seemed rushed and somehow chaotic.
Overall it was a decent ending to this MCU phase, but as always, it's down to personal preference if you like a movie or not or if you wished for a different storyline.
There are too many things, that were illogical:
- Nebula not telling the guys what it takes to get the soul stone
- Tony Stark not even questioning why Pepper is in the end-fight and not taking care of their children
- Depressed, fat Thor
- Captain America being able to use Thor's hammer
- Captain America living a life with his girlfriend without someone remembering it in their timeline
- All of a sudden, all dead heros appear out of nowhere - all coming from Wakanda - how the heck did they know and gather in the first place?
- If you haven't seen Captain Marvels end credit-scene, Captain Marvel would appear right out of nowhere in this movie and everyone would wonder why.
Thor being depressed and fat and this Softie-Version of Hulk were the main character developments I also did not like.
Personally didn't like Tony Stark being killed, but one saw that coming. After all, his story was told. Captain America living another live at least got him a happy end, although and illogical one. The hairstyle of captain Marvel ... ok, let's not talk about this one.
There are certain scenes that are indeed epic, overall, the movie was entertaining, but I honestly liked Infinity War more.
Cannot tie this to specfic reasons, it's a combination of all the aforementioned elements, that simply didn't do the trick for me to make it an epic movie.
Considering myself being a big fan of the MCU franchise, I think all fans should see it, but if you are at least somehow interested in a decent and logic storyline, be warned you might not be too overwhelmed by this movie.
68 out of 133 found this helpful.
Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.