Avengers: Endgame (2019) Poster

7,540 Reviews
An experience you'll gonna remember forever.
raudafitriani24 April 2019
There is no way that I could describe my emotions for this movie. I'm totally speechless. I haven't laughed (even cried) this much in Marvel movie or even in any movie. I'm fully on my emotion, there are so many tears of joy and loss. Amazing story, the acting is outstanding, epic action, great CGI, the best storytelling ever told in a superhero movie, amazing performance. I love it more than 3000.

Happiness, sadness, pure joy, excitement... I'm gonna miss this moment in my whole life because let's face it- it's been awhile movies can bring such a big enthusiasm like this.

It is such an experience you'll gonna remember it forever. People are clapping, laughing, crying, full of a state emotion. It's 3 hours long but it went by like a finger snapping by Thanos, and now I'm thinking I'm actually in Quantum Realm because it felt like 5 seconds. Even though you know where the story is gonna bring you because it's still a 'superhero movie' but it left me speechless. It's not just a superhero movie, it's more than that.

**SPOILER ALERT**

Even some characters that you didn't like before, you will love them in this movie. Like Captain Marvel. I didn't like her before in her own movie but in Endgame they showed how powerful, how strong and how capable she really is. And now I kinda love her! But Marvel should really be careful of her line though, I didn't like some of her line like "I'm the strongest" and "You didn't win because before you didn't have me" duh. Also not gonna forget Hawkeye. To be honest, in Avengers I really didn't like Hawkeye because he's just a 'guy' with an arrow and just randomly showed up in any scene but actually he's character is so BADASS! Everything that we need, what we want is here.

Also I don't get it why some people can not accept that Thor is fat or treat him like a joke. I mean, this movie might be trying to give us a message about no matter what 'shape' are you, you can be a hero and save the world. To be honest, I like what they did to Thor, that man is depressed and taking the most responsible after he missed the shot to kill Thanos in Infinity War. Even though he already did killed him but it's not gonna bring back his people of Asgard. Also he's God of Thunder for god sake, he could slap his stomach with thunder and got his abs back.

I'm so happy too for Captain America. Finally he could do his dance with Peggy and I didn't expected that we could see the fight between Captain America with his own self. Also when Tony met his father really warm my heart, and we can see the 'real-life' Jarvis - I didn't expected that too.

When the whole superhero arrived it is so EPIC! The whole person in theater are screaming and shocked. Gives me a goosebumps and still left me speechless!

This movie is absolute perfection. The ending of this movie is we and the characters deserved. It gives a perfect balance for all these past 10 years. Epic and perfect ending, I was not disappointed at all. This movie was completely emotional and visually stunning. Now I get it why the Russo Brothers told us to do a Marvel Movie marathon before watching Endgame because this movie had everything to accomplish what left behind before all of this.

Ready or not, whatever it takes.

Go watch it for yourself.
3,737 out of 5,214 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The End of an Era!
ahmetkozan25 April 2019
After Avengers Infinity War, we waited for the Avengers Endgame. We wondered how the story would go on, how our heroes would turn back, what would be the end of Thanos. Many theories related to this have been put forward. Avengers Endgame was undoubtedly the most anticipated film of recent years. Normally, the higher the expectation, the higher the probability of disappointment. But this is not the case for Endgame. Whatever you're expecting, you find much more in the film. This means that the biggest concern about the film has disappeared.

On the other hand, another comparison comes up. Is Endgame more successful than Infinity War? We can comfortably say it Avengers Infinity War is just the beginning of the story. Endgame was the finale of the story. So we shouldn't think of these two films as two separate stories. There is only one story divided into two parts.

Avengers Endgame is, above all, a great homage to the ten-year history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The story highlights the original Avengers team. Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye are at the center of events. No character comes in front of them. Of course there are many characters that play an important role in the story outside the original Avengers team. Everyone's concern was that Captain Marvel, who was included in the Marvel world, overshadowed other heroes. We can say that this certainly did not happen. What is important in this struggle is not how strong you are, but how good you are. This comes to the fore in all areas. It gives good message about being a hero and a family.

Of course, Avengers Endgame has some critical aspects. For example, is the three-hour period necessary in terms of the story? It can be discussed. The head of the story moves much slower than the rest. It also drags the heroes into an emotional predicament. Then the tempo is rising and the heavy scenes we are watching are getting more meaningful. The last 45 minutes of the movie is fully action packed. But the last 45 minutes goes so fast that you don't even realize it. Action and battle scenes are really successful. There is not even a slight distress about visual effects. There are also slight logic errors in the film, but in general the story is so successful that these details become meaningless and insignificant after a certain point.

Lastly, Avengers Endgame doesn't have a movie end scene. Because after the film's final, there is no need for another scene. The Marvel legend Stan Lee appears with a small stage. But this is the last surprise scene in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Moreover, there is no clue about Marvel's future. This makes us wonder more about Spider-Man: Far from Home. 10/10
1,643 out of 2,596 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The ending made all 22 movies worth it
larshoeijmans24 April 2019
If you're going to watch this movie, avoid any spoilers, even spoiler free reviews. Which is why I'm not going to say anything about the movie. Not even my opinion. All I'm going to say is:

The crowd applauded 3 times during the movie, and stood up to clap their hands after. This I have never witnessed in a Dutch cinema. Dutch crowds aren't usually passionate about this. I checked the row where I was sitting, and people were crying. After the movie, I was seeing people with smudged mascara. That's all I have to say about the movie.
1,591 out of 2,688 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Overall an epic conclusion but inferior to Infinity War's pace and energy (SPOILER FREE)
This is probably the highest 8/10 I could give for an 8/10 movie.

There are some very good moments in Endgame and that's coming from a long standing MCU fan growing up with these movies. In creating an extensive and emotional journey for a lot of the MCU characters, it absolutely succeeds.

Endgame ultimately is an excellent conclusion to over 10 years of film but I feel the plot's pacing and direction is really lacking to Infinity War, which 'trimmed the fat' and was much more focused and energetic. Granted, Endgame takes risks but this might be a disappointment to some fans with its slower pace that focuses on character development over action and intense sequences. The run time probably should be shorter or streamlined. Less cuts and motion blur during fight scenes would've made it easier to track fights as well.

Respect for the Russo Brothers for taking the direction they did with Endgame and it really does satisfy but Infinity War is overall a more entertaining movie. It's not the best MCU movie but I can't dispute its great conclusion.
1,704 out of 2,883 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
2 and a half hours of fluff, 30 minutes of decent action
officialjoeyperkins17 May 2019
I did not care for a single second of what was really happening. Too much emphasis on certain characters while others are left in just to make it seem more "epic". Hulk was the only character of any entertainment value. I was more entertained by the audiences reaction to certain scenes than the actual film. The scene where Black Widow dies, the girl behind me whispered to her friend: "Is she dead?" Like no s*** you just saw her fall of a cliff and slam on the ground.

Besides the 30 minute battle, how they handled Tony Stark's death was well done, especially the funeral. If they ended on that long shot showing all the characters, then I would of liked it a little more, but it just kept going.

It bored me to death. I only saw it because on how it was considered a "cinematic event" to most. To the lovers of film, I really don't recommend it. Just wait for the final battle to be put up on YouTube or something and watch that.
50 out of 73 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
boring, bored, boredom - what a mess of a movie
dagallop8 June 2019
What a crying shame that a movie that had so many people awaiting its arrival delivered so little. And, it seemed to take forever to deliver that!

I believe that this is one of the most critical reviews I have ever given and believe me, I firmly believe that it is wholly because my expectations were set so high by the franchise that it was pretty much doomed unless it was mind blowingly good.

If the story had had one thread of; 'that was believable' or even an odd; 'that could work' it may have been able to recover but, it doesn't. It doesn't even have a; 'that was cool' at any point either!

It's actually so boring I had finally found a movie I could replenish concessions during and didn't feel like I had missed anything. The reality is that I probably missed some really critical parts but it didn't matter, the movie had lost me long since then.

The entire story was so convoluted that it was just plain terrible. The basic thread was non existent and I agree with many other reviewers that certain characters were pointless.

Synopsis: Infinity wars was great, this isn't. Also, personally, it has done so much harm to the franchise, I for one won't be bothering to spend the 'sizeable' costs involved in cinema excursions for any Avenger related future offering again.
63 out of 94 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing, but the more I dwell on it the worse it becomes
theroo20018226 April 2019
I have to say, my first reaction walking out of the cinema was that it was great. Probably an 8/10. You know there's so much fan service in this movie and I particularly loved the "I can do this all day" CA line from one CA to another. It was almost Toy Story 2, enlightened Buzz to naive Buzz banter.

I loved Clever Hulk, found Thor hilarious, though a bit annoying at times, and loved the references to past movies. Cap swinging Mjollnir around was beautiful.

The deaths in this movie were also pretty surprising but I agree with some of the more balanced reviews in here that it was bizarre that so much time was spent on Hawkeye - does anyone really care about him? Not really.

Killing off Black Widow was a surprising touch, but I, like many others, probably felt more of an emotional reaction to Banner's relationship with her and not Hawkeye (because no one actually cares about him). Renner, as an actor, just doesn't cut it much, unfortunately.

The real problem with End Game, is the time travel. I don't know why any movie franchise would ever want to deal with time travel knowing how much grief it creates. Sure they try to explain everything with their hilarious conversation about movies, but in the end, there are just too many questions left at the end of the day, particularly when they already try to explain it through the Ancient One.

The most glaring one of these is, if they change the past, they're changing another timeline, so how selfish is that? If Tony Stark snaps his fingers and kills Thanos, what happens to that original timeline? If he sent Thanos and everyone back, how does he magically know not to send Gamora back who is now stuck in 2023 - and so does that mean 2014 Quill never meets Gamora?!? What the hell? Essentially erasing the entire 2014 GOTG franchise in that universe. If Captain America goes back in time, he will inevitably change history in some way or another, so that is another timeline, right? So while everyone else's timeline is meant to stay the same in the present (as said by Stark) how does Cap end up sitting by the same lake as everyone else.

There are also way too many questions about new timelines created - but perhaps that is intentional, such as the Loki TV show. But this is why I hate it when they bring time travel into any movie and just add stuff to it to make it wrap up nicely in their own universe.

Also, don't get me started on how impossibly strong Thanos suddenly is without an infinity gauntlet? Even WITH the IG he couldn't stop Thor's Stormbringer, but now without the IG can easily defeat Thor with Stormbringer AND Mjollnir, Iron Man and Cap??? How convenient.

I also think Marvel made a serious mistake creating Captain Marvel, how is she brought in as a convenient deus ex machina and yet doesn't really stick around to show off all her abilities, and she can't even defeat Thanos single handedly? Pfft. That was rich. She can barely prevent Thanos from snapping his fingers, yet in Infinity War, Cap was able to actually hold off his hand too? Bizarre parallels.

So okay, sure, it was enjoyable to watch, but I just feel that there are too many plot inconsistencies creeping into End Game. There should have been better ways to get the infinity stones back, and I think someone stupid just thought time travel was the best way to do it,.
2,258 out of 3,861 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Monoculture
damnbrown22 May 2019
The worst thing about the film is that due to the huge success of Avenger's endgame more similar films are brought into the cinema which leads to monoculture.
67 out of 101 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A good way to let Marvel go
eyeMDbee3 June 2019
Over the years Marvel became so big, that for my taste they lost the average viewer by piling on so many characters with their back-stories that someone who just wanted to see a thrilling movie got lost in their universe, so I would say that most of their insider-jokes or comments got lost on non-nerds.

Unfortunately, like most huge corporations the focus of the Marvel-machine was more to please the mass of escapists than their true fans by utilising a psychological formula which on one hand shows superpowers, but at the same time makes fun of the heroes in order not to loose rationalistic "non-believers", plus they spiced it up with sexy heroes.

Nothing wrong with that, if it would have not been done at the expense of good credible stories or an awe for the heroes - instead now any teen who really admires a superhero will be injected with a pinch of nihilism - enough not to take it all serious anymore in the long run. In other words: by distancing themselves from their heroes in the long run Marvel destroys its own world.

Compare that to DCs Wonder Woman: Whilst this movie also had really funny moments it drew me so deep into her credible world that I got so emotionally evolved that payed to watch it eight times in the cinema. Infinity War and Endgames in opposition to WW I am not inspired to watch again.

Knowing that Stan Lee did die in this year and this was going to be his last cameo, even though I didn't like Infinity war, I felt like that this movie would give me the closure not only for the cut of storyline but also for Stan Lee. It did and despite the huge amount of visual effects I found it really easy to let the Marvel Universe go, knowing that there is no valuable content or inspiration in it for me anymore.

Good bye, Marvel, good bye, Stan Lee. And to all souls who are still young at heart enough to still long to become superheroes in their own right: Excelsior ! (strive to your highest)
39 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the most overrated films of all time
moudekerk-8298020 May 2019
Acting extremely sub-par, terrible story, and a cheap piece of non directional fan service.
54 out of 80 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disney Light plot with predictable old values agenda
crystalpeters20 May 2019
The last Avengers ended with a philosophically valid dilemma. Stop the overpopulation of all worlds by halving the population in the universe in order to save humans and other species. The only mention of environment in Endgame was Captain America stating "a pod of whales was seen in the Hudson, if you want to look at the bright side" to which Black Widow replies "I will throw this sandwich at you". Yup, that's as deep as that conversation went. Immediately they were back to the tired old 'save humanity from evil Thanos' plot. The world is portrayed as a complete shambles with Thanos' reduced population measures. It would have been far more interesting to show the positive changes of having fewer people in the richness of the planet, thriving of other species as well as our own. But no, that is completely ignored and the ecosystem crushing population returns. Very generic plot, disappointing.
54 out of 80 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Overrated
mailmemaria21 May 2019
So much advertising for a movie.. I saw the avengers faces everywhere ..even on cola's cans at the supermarket... Was it worth it? Nope. It was boring.
44 out of 64 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst Marvel Movie Ever!!!!
mhamza-6171319 May 2019
2.5 hrs of nothing. The film should be like 1 hrs 25 min film. The fight scene was the only biggest part of the film. One scene doesn't make any film good. The jokes weren't that funny. The movie was between sad and funny (confusing). I wish the film would've been more sadder. Was disappointed with Thor and Hulk. But you still love the fat Thor (reminds me of a viking). Wanted to see more of the Gurdians of the Galaxy on screen. Time travel did not make sense to me in this movie. I really loved Ant-Man and Captain America in this movie. A perfect ending for Iron Man. Infinity War and Avatar is way better than Endgame. The only reason this film is getting positive reviews is because of Captain America and Iron Man ending in MCU and a brand new phase 4.
49 out of 72 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
i know i already wrote one but
sophiabrown-4303820 May 2019
Did i watch the same movie as everyone else? why are so many people leaving such high ratings for this movie? i guess it being the end of it factors in, but it just wasn't a good film. some good parts, but they take up like 3% of the film.
70 out of 106 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The worse Avengers of them all !
circellic7 June 2019
It was extremely disappointing. Crammed every politically correct them down your throat.
81 out of 124 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I wasn't strong enough to save her
jeremycorbyn31 May 2019
I didn't think this was politically correct enough. Captain Marvel is my favourite MCU character and It caused me great pain when the lovely Captain Marvel was brutally punched by the savage beast known as Thanos. I was overwhelmed with a great urge to help her like a heroic chivalrous knight but unfortunately as I sat there watching it on the screen in the cinema and knowing it wasn't exactly real, I knew I couldn't do anything about it and the second I realised that I burst into tears crying. If only I had the power to transport myself to fictional films I would've helped her out. I also thought the effects were terrible for a film with a $250 million plus budget and I felt Thor's alcoholism was inappropriate for a film that's watched by many children.
62 out of 93 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thanos now a bum
allanmichael3020 May 2019
Captain America switched with lokki at some point in past and captain never returned. This was more like a soap than action movie.
62 out of 93 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thanos is the Ultimate Antagonist in Film History
hilaryswank201118 May 2019
Marvel fans in Hong Kong almost booked many seats before this week's theatrical release of Avengers: Endgame (2019) which series made the biggest box office hit in the history of Hong Kong film since 1897 (some archive source referred 1896 which same with Japan). The recent local box record was US$20,585,253. In fact, its franchise film box office records exceeded the box office giant Avator (2009) due to top 2 films ranked on the list.

''After half of all life in the universe was killed due to the actions of Thanos in Avengers: Infinity War, the remaining Avengers and their allies must reassemble to revert those actions in one last stand.''

In fictional story tales, the good always win over the evil. And the justice side is the winner. However this Marvel franchise untraditionally broke the general principle of narrative stories successfully in 2018 with Avengers: Infinity War (2018). That was a surprise when we saw Thanos turns Marvel heroes into dust in the infinity war.

Hitchcock said that the stronger the antagonist is, the more engaging the audience in the film.

He believed that his antagonists should be attractive and complex in order to awaken curiosity. The more flaws and insecurities a villain has, more the spectator will recognize his humanity and, as humans themselves, be aware of how malevolent he can be. This will incite vulnerability in the viewer, who usually has ambiguous impressions of these villains.

However Thanos is too strong like multi corporation billionaires, C.E.O.s who earn 312 times more money of average workers.

CEOs for the 350 largest US companies earned an average pay of $18.9 million in 2017, a sharp 17 percent increase from the previous year, according to a new study by the left leaning Economic Policy Institute. These estimates include salaries, bonuses, restricted stock grants, cashed-in company stock, and other forms of compensation for chief executives at those firms. Meanwhile, wages for the average US worker grew a paltry 0.2 percent during that time.

The growing power gap among Thanos and Marvel heroes are cinematic equivalence of growing gap of inequality among CEOs and average workers. This is why we feel some kind of reality and apocalyptic atmosphere in this film. Supremacy of individual power is at the maximum level in this film.

Thanos is the representative of all antagonists. We can say that the true protagonist is the antagonist who is more powerful than the protagonist. Thus, the antagonist becomes the protagonist in this film. It is dialectically new and meaningful.

Thanos is the ultimate antagonist in film history.
101 out of 157 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Way too long, over-melodramatic, incomprehensible
greg-0408220 May 2019
Too bad there isn't a zero star rating. I am not the target demo, was dragged to the movie theater by my young son to see it (he thought the movie was OK. I didn't.

1. Lots of nothing much happens 2. Lots of melodramatic music 3. The movie at 182 minutes is about 82 minutes too long 4. The Thor character ceases to become comic amusement about a third through the pic 5. Incomprehensible and repeated fight scenes 6. Exceptionally poor dialog in the screenplay

Visually the only star turns were Brie Larson and Elizabeth Olsen. The Scarlet Witch, one of the stronger themes was barely in this - Olsen should get her own movie.

I was three hours of my life back plus $68 bucks spent on tickets and popcorn at AMC.
84 out of 129 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
stupid movie
blazeolympiakos14 June 2019
Worst movie i saw this year boring mess,plot holes,too cheesy,bad writing
How is this 8.8
Gmichael19775 June 2019
1;2...Terrible! Scrap the whole thing...try again!
Why rated too high???
M_Marhoon20002 June 2019
Very long,boring,I give 1 star to make balance because every rate it 10 for nothing
This was really bad
calebdrums21 June 2019
This is a movie where one term could be used to describe it, and that term is "tedium." I've always had a begrudging attitude towards Avengers movies because, as with a lot of entries in the MCU, it's a lot of scientific nonsense with the action thrown in as an afterthought in order to justify its existence as a superhero movie. But I thought I would give Endgame a fair chance. After all, having all those superheroes on one screen should be fun, action packed, and entertaining, right? Wrong.

I cannot express how terrible this film was. The two redeemable parts were Tony Stark's daughter and Ant-Man. They were the only entertaining parts of the film. I pay money to see movies that are entertaining, not ones that are so full of characters that you get lost.

There are a lot of reasons that I hated this movie, but I'm going to focus on two in particular here: the story and the action, or rather, the lack of action. First, the story. This entire film was built around a needlessly complicated plot surrounding time travel, even though the time travel was completely pointless in the first place. Bruce Banner says, point blank, that traveling back into the past won't change the future. So, why do you do it, then? Why on Earth would you commit to such an exercise in complete futility? I'll tell you why, because you need more science fodder for all the Marvel super fans, so that they can leave the theater and point at someone who looks confused and feel superior.

Everything was poorly written in this movie. When your forced obscenities are being spouted from the mouths of the people you're supposed to cheer for, while your villain speaks in Shakespearean soliloquies, then you've clearly gone completely wrong with your script. Also, the part where Stark's daughter swears and we were supposed to find it cute? Yeah, I didn't. I found it grossly inappropriate and wrong to show a 4 or 5 year old child in such a manner. It wasn't innocent and sweet, it was rather demented. Meanwhile, Thanos speaks in these long, grandiloquent speeches that never seem to have an end. It was all just one big pile of dreck.

Thanos was another problem I had with this film. His motivations were never properly spelled out. They tried, but they failed rather miserably. It seemed like he just wanted to destroy the world because it was ripe for the taking, I guess? I don't know. He was weird as well, because he said he was going to build another universe, but he seemed to have a nihilistic outlook on everything, so that would mean his other universe would be completely pointless. Anyway, it was really terrible.

But this movie's main sin was its lack of action through the first two-thirds, and the fact that it hardly showed the Avengers doing anything heroic. They never stopped a bank robbery, they never helped an assault victim, all they did was do their pointless time travel stuff to attempt to stop Thanos, even though Bruce said it would be completely futile to do so. The movie couldn't get out of its own way and it suffered because of it.

Then the last third was all action and it blew my mind, but not in a good way. I left the theater with a physical headache due to the poor pacing and cinematography on the final battle sequences. They were overly long, started and stopped way too many times, and attempted to tie up every loose end from the entire MCU in one big bang. It was just terrible! You have to allow things to flow, and this movie didn't flow at all.

A movie that was boring, poorly paced, poorly written, and just a terrible excuse for film definitely deserves a spot on my worst of 2019 list. Hopefully, Toy Story 4 makes up for it!
57 out of 85 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very disappointing
ravi244512 May 2019
Right in the beginning, you know how the movie is going to end...the good guys are going to win. How anti-climactic that was.. The stage is not set right (half of all humanity is gone, but the enormity of that is not explored...)...when you have Thanos give his explanation as to why he did what he did, I found myself thinking - well, he actually has a point. In the meanwhile, every single superhero is given time to fight, say some cute things, some say a few smart things, a few even manage to say profoundly philosophical statements... The quantum physics explanations used to explain how things are done, are plainly non sense... ..they just made stuff up as they went on. Alls well that ends well. Except we spent 3 hours to find that out.
65 out of 98 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
not good
saimonsisir8 June 2019
Story not good .. that's way i don't like this type of move.
90 out of 139 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.