Avengers: Infinity War (2018) Poster

3,257 Reviews
A film that pulled off the impossible.
cartermain20 January 2021
Avengers: Infinity War is a film that should be utter crap. A franchise stretching almost twenty films is unheard of. And making a great and satisfying climax to that franchise is nearly impossible. Considering how many characters Marvel had to juggle together with this movie, there was almost no way this movie wouldn't suck.

But it didn't. Marvel pulled it off. All of the characters were balanced seemingly effortlessly. The action was amazing. The characters were funny. The story was compelling. Marvel made what should've been an overcrowded mess into one of the best superhero films ever made.

This movie will sit you on the edge of your seat for 2 and a half hours. Hats off to the writers, directors, producers, and Marvel Studios.

117 out of 125 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Cliffhanger of all Time
Alex_Lo5 February 2021
A meticulously planned film down to the last detail, where you can see how much love is behind it. Of course, the film delivers impressive show values and action, but besides, it is above all the interactions of the characters that are well thought out. Surprisingly, no character is neglected, and all the storylines of the previous films are brought together amazingly logical. The end is for me one of the best cliffhangers of all time, after the movie I was whacked. In the end, I have to ask myself: What more do I expect from a comic book superhero film? I was perfectly happy, so I can also give a comic book adaptation 10 out of 10 stars.
78 out of 84 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great
MR_Heraclius23 February 2020
This movie portrays a villain that by far has been the best out of all the other Marvel antagonists. It shows his personal conflicts, his purpose, as well as his cruelty. The heroes of this film are overshadowed by this, but the ending really makes a mark on the audience.
175 out of 210 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER
andreascaloni16 February 2021
Avengers infinity war is an emotional roller coaster. Using the strength of its powerful and interesting villain, the movie successfully brings together the past 10 years of Marvel movies into a largely effective cocktail of super-heroic dramatics. Joe and Anthony Russo create a superhero movie that it's every bit the epic that it needs to be. However prepared you feel, you are not ready for Thanos. Infinity war is stunning, hilarious and heartbreaking.

Rating: 9.6.
19 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Somehow they pulled this off
Jesper280126 April 2018
I consider myself a big comic book marvel fan. My favorite films from the franchise so far, are Cap. American: Winter Soldier and Thor: Ragnarok. As this movie was directed by the same guys as Winter Soldier and Civil War, I went into this movie with sky-high expectations.

I am gonna keep this brief: Avengers: Infinity War blew me away! If I should mention just one thing that really amazed me was the character of Thanos. He is so well developed and makes for a super interesting and complex villain. As an audience, we are actually capable of sympathizing with a guy, who wants to kill off half of the universe. It's not about power or dominance. It's about preserving life in a Universe with finite resources - a goal with leads him (and the avengers) into several interesting moral dilemmas.

I agree with the other reviews here. This movie is such a beautiful calamity of 10 years of the best superhero entertainment there is. Thinking about it, I can't really grasp how the director pulled this off. So many well developed characters from different story lines are working together in a true cinematic symphony.

I give this movie my highest recommendations. It's a must-see for anyone with just a remote interest in the franchise.
106 out of 138 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best
muhammad-669037 January 2021
This is is the best marvel/avengers movie every minute is very great no cap.
35 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing
miacoop7 January 2021
With Thanos come into play you think that the avengers would be able to tackle this problem but no. After re-watching Infinity War multiple times it still gets me because it's sad the ending really is just another cinematic masterpiece which Marvel always pull off and the fight scenes are amazing. Marvel have some of the best actors and the best casts I'm not applaud them for that. No mad Steve was just sexy after mate and I loved it a lot.
22 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
To this day one of the most impossible films to pull off
uzair-368678 February 2021
This film is an achievement unto itself. Unlike any other marvel movie, this deserves to be praised for bringing around 25+ popular characters and putting them all in a cohesive narrative thats unlike anything that came before it.

At least 20 movies filled with characters and storyline nuances were successfully kept intact here yet the main character was the villain that had barely had any screentime previously, yet was written in a way that you could empathise with him and tied him into prior events like the new york invasion.

The movie itself is structured perfectly, from the perspective of Thanos putting him in a heroes journey making him go to different locations to collect the stones from different heroes weve come to know, and pairing different combinations of heroes in an insanely well written way so every character stood out and had an iconic moment to shine.

All in all the scope of this film is beyond anything that has come before it and even more so than Endgame, but they kept the narrative grounded and paced it perfectly. And the ending of the movie is one of the best endings ever. The best superhero/ comic book film of all time after The Dark Knight.
18 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than End Game
ghezurii24 January 2021
In my opinion Infinity War was much better than End Game.
18 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
THE BEST SUPERHERO MOVIE OF OUR TIME? (2020)
sangomiguel14 April 2021
With the participation of almost every member of the MCU, this movie redefines the Action genre, setting the bar higher up than ever before.

Special effects are out of this world (2020) the whole cast and crew delivers an excellent job, it takes you to every specter of human emotion the cinematics are great & soundtrack is compelling.

The story is very engaging, the script is hilarious and the movie doesn't follow the regular Hollywood formula it is with out a doubts not only one of the greatest super hero movies but one of the best achieved films in history hands down. 10/10.
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Perfection
payiyugk6 February 2021
This should've been the last movie in the series. The end was perfect.
23 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unlike anything ever done in the history of cinema
kjames-2654214 August 2018
This movie is the beginning of the culmination of Marvel's masterfully woven cinematic universe. Beginning back in 2008 with iron man, we are finally seeing the results of all the movies have been pointing to; and it did not disappoint. Thanos is a complex villain, with deeper and more interesting desires than just "world domination." The dilemmas all the characters face in this movie (both the heroes and the villains) are truly thought provoking and leave you on the edge of your seat. No other set of movies has beeen so involved, so expanded, and encompassed so many story lines/characters and previous movies. The sheer amount of star power alone in this film is insane; and they do a masterful job of weaving all these unique and various characters into a common storyline.
443 out of 672 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Marvellous Marvel Movie
gabrilapo21 February 2021
Avengers: Infinity War is surely one of the greatest superhero movies of all time. It manages to put together all our favourite superheros in one movie with epic battles and an effective and unexpected ending. It gives literal chills all over the movie. Rating: 9
13 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best film of all.
sonnyleavy26 January 2021
See above. A fantastic piece of art. Plotlines each have a unique feel, perfectly matched to their individual films.

Fast paced with clear objectives and stunning visuals.
13 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The first Marvel film I really liked
eva3si0n8 January 2021
The first Marvel film I really liked. Surprisingly in the film there are many spectacular scenes, which are well held and the main transition between them is made seamless, which does not make you miss. And the main thing that surprises the film - the ending, it really makes it clear that Marvel now plays big, since began to break up with the main heroes of the giving films.
23 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A flawless film that shows Marvel Studios at it's peak.
joshuacardo17 May 2021
Incredible movie. Every scene was amazing. Zero flaws. This is peak of Marvel that told a beautiful story with the villain at the center of it. This was Thanos' story and his victory. The fight scenes were beautifully done and the CGI was impeccable. The Russo Brothers did amazing!!
Best movie ever
viru-2600715 May 2021
Best movie ever.

Waiting for more movies from marvel studios.
The best MCU Movie
This is the best MCU movie I've ever watch. A great story, a lot of intense action with a powerful villain, a great CGI, I loved it. This movie was better than any other MCU movies, even Avengers Endgame. I really hope that the Russo brothers will return to direct other MCU Movies again.
Maybe the best Avengers movie
logancrane-7133729 March 2021
I'm not sure if it's better than Endgame but this film is amazing. Drax and Mantis are hilarious and I love seeing the development of Wanda and Visions relationship in this film. Tony and Peter are the best duo without a doubt and Wakanda's entrance to this movie was flawless. You can really hear the pain in Thor and feel his loss. Rocket and Groot are also great in this movie. Peter's love for Gamora is also really shown in this movie making it one of the more romantic films of the MCU. This film sets up Endgame perfectly and it is great the whole way through.
An outstanding watch
r96sk23 January 2021
This is exactly the sorta thing I want from an Avengers film! Full blown, no punches pulled action. In that regard, it's an outstanding watch!

Despite knowing practically little about the MCU up until a few weeks ago, I still knew this was a film that was going to see - so to speak - excrement hit the fan... and boy did it! It's a great ride.

Like 'Captain America: Civil War' did, 'Avengers: Infinity War' does an incredible job at juggling the gargantuan number of characters. It's ridiculous, but totally awesome, how many faces we see appear again. I thought they got the screen time for all, more or less, down to a T. Not an easy job, that.

Speaking of the cast, it's Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth and Josh Brolin who stand out most in my memory. Them three are excellent, especially the latter. Away from those lot, it's very cool to see all the other worlds - including from 'Doctor Strange' and 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - come together into one film. As for new additions, there aren't many - Peter Dinklage being the pick.

There are many references that I had already become aware of just via the internet, so it was quite amusing seeing them all unfold here and there. The effects looked great to me, as they have basically all the way up until this point of the MCU. The comedy is good again, also.

Needless to say, I can't wait to see 'Avengers: Endgame'!
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The pinnacle of The MCU
capnpopetastic-705153 April 2021
As epic and satisfying as Endgame was, I think the true peak of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is Infinity War. The brilliant weaving-together of characters from such different corners of the universe into their unique storylines, the incredible examination of Thanos as an actual character in the story, top-tier visuals and action, and a final sequence that is absolutely gut-wrenching and powerful: this film will always stand above the rest for me. The Empire Strikes Back of Marvel films. 10/10.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A superior avengers sequel
Abdulxoxo5 February 2021
Although this film has 'Avengers' in the title, it ultimately belongs to Thanos. It's his story that drives the whole plot. He is the main characters of this movie, not any of the heroes. Thanos in my opinion is the greatest villain the MCU has ever produced. as a character he is truly threatening. In most of these movies deep down I know the hero will always win. For the first time I wasn't sure if the hero would win or not. Through the movie's entirety I was on the edge of my seat wandering whether my favourite characters would actually make it out of the movie alive. To have a villain with that level of genuine threat I thought was fantastic. I also felt slightly conflicted by his motivations. On the face of it, planning to eliminate half the universe's population is obviously a bad thing; however, after we learn his motivations for wanting to do so, I'd be lying if I didn't say I understood where he was coming from. There are two tones at play in this movie. One of them is a comical tone, mostly coming from the Guardians, Thor and Spider-Man. Predominantly though this movie is dark. Because of the level of threat created by Thanos, there is an emotional aspect to this film that will take the viewer by surprise. There are plenty of large scale action sequences, which are amazing; but there are also some shocking moments that were difficult to deal with. What I can say is that, the running time of two and a half hours absolutely flew by.

Overall, Avengers: Infinity War did well in balancing the screen time among the characters in a way that every member of the Avengers get at least a moment to shine. There are also lots of great action, comedy, performances and a massive cliffhanger at the end that is well earned.
14 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An amazing film
eliexenov3 January 2021
This movie is currently the pinnacle of marvel movies. I've heard people criticize this movie for incredibly stupid reasons like being "to long" or using cgi. Those people are called weirdos. Watch the movie. It's good.
11 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thrilling
williammosedale26 November 2020
Theres nothing that i can say about this film that hasnt already been said,a visual spectacle,yeah thats been said before,an amazing action,already been said but i would certainly recomend this film.
11 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best Avengers movie
jinjolavasaba29 April 2021
I think infinity war is one of the best Avengers movie. There is too much action, also I like development of characters. We can say too much about this movie but I am too lazy for this and I'm not eloquent person, so that's all what I can say:)
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.