Lucifer (TV Series 2016– ) Poster

(2016– )

1,692 Reviews
Show is 100X better now that Netflix picked it up
jonesjamie-384189 May 2019
Thank Luci himself that fox cancelled this show because Netflix is doing a much better job only one season in!
1,122 out of 1,328 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Netflix Lucifer Is Bolder, Better, Bingeable & Keeps Getting Better Season 5
depechemodelovercom11 May 2019
I have loved this show since day one, and an avid fan of all three of the prior season before Fox stupidly cancelled it, which actually was a gift. I was one of the fans that worked in the twitter campaign to help save the show,working along with the producers, writers, cast, crew and fans from around the world, with the hashtag #SaveLucifer making history, as Netflix was more than eager to give this show a fabulous new home. So now this series is even better, the new Season 4 just released May 8 2019 is so much more, despite only 10 episodes, they are packed with action, drama,it is bolder, yet the humor in the show is still there, it is definitely the best season yet. For new viewers, do watch the first 3 seasons before the new one, as the characters history is important to this story. I am just finishing doing a binge watch for the third time and it just never gets old. Treasure of a show, great actors, good tight writing, great set designs, cool music throughout, and even a little nudity. What more can you want. Netflix, we need a season 5,6,7 and on. 2019 Update: After yet another fan campaign and good reviews for season 4 on Netflix, we got season 5, although it will be the last and we really wanted 6 seasons, But then Netflix listened, and gave the show twice the episodes for season 5, another win. Can't wait, the writers keep tweeting us the episode titles and have promised the best season yet.

Update for Season 5.1 released Aug 21: AWESOME. One of the best seasons yet. We get some answers, some closure on some things (keeping this spoiler free for you), many of our favorite characters go through unexpected changes, and a new bad guys appears in a familiar face. Best acting ever from this amazing cast. Lots of funny moments too. The second half of season 5 is almost finished and will be on Netflix later, and we are also getting a Season 6 in the future. Just an amazing show, brought back to life by amazing fans, writers, producers, actors and thanks to Netflix.
776 out of 950 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
#SaveLucifer #PickUpLucifer
pmelrose52414 May 2018
#SaveLucifer #PickUpLucifer

One of the best shows around. It deserves to continue right where it left off.
831 out of 1,051 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I hope & pray another network picks up LUCIFER
lovettstough13 May 2018
As we all know by now FOX cancelled LUCIFER. I love that show. I hope and pray another network picks up LUCIFER. I think the best network to pick up LUCIFER is the CW. LUCIFER would fit right in the CW wheelhouse along with SUPERNATURAl and all the other shows like that the CW has. FOX which always cancels anything really good that people really like cancelled LUCIFER while leaving one hell of a cliffhanger.
584 out of 793 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cancelled? Just Why....?
lubencho14 May 2018
How can you cancel the greatest show ever. In a world full of crap this was the only show that made me happy to watch. And Season 3 episode 24 was amazing. I am praying for being renewed. I am pretty sure that for so much money you can make up with good ideas. I understand that from now on it will be hard, but don't do the same as The Sicret Circle! Please! I give the show 10 out of 10!
511 out of 706 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No progress whatsoever
kinellarsen23 December 2017
After watching two seasons with an extremely slow progressing story, I've decided to not waste more time on a show where there is no evolution in the characters. This guy Tom Kapinos does not seem to realize that we live in 2017 and people are tired of stories that just keeps pushing ones patient to the limit aka. "Red John" in the Mentalist.

It is sad really, because the story did have potential, and the actors are doing a splendid job. However, Kapinos have done a terrible job at keeping interest up, and I suspect this show will get cancelled soon enough.
176 out of 236 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Downward spiral!
svening24 August 2020
This show really loses its soul and nerve in season 5, emerging into something of a spin-off of a kids or modern family type of show. Clearly, the writers of the show don't know what it is (was) or wants to be anymore.
87 out of 114 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
From 10 to 0 in one season
andreremmers-3541528 August 2020
There is just one thing worse than learning that one of your favorite TV shows has run its course or got canceled. Watching a new season that totally and utterly blows. What the hell has happened to Lucifer? Why would they turn him from a cool, children-loathing womanizer into a total lame, dull and pathetic slowpoke? Honestly, if you liked the first 4 seasons, call it quits and don't watch the 5th. You'll be bitterly disappointed.
115 out of 156 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Devilishly good taste in humour
kunagueroooooo14 May 2018
Unfortunately I found out yesterday that Lucifer has been cancelled. As light hearted shows go it was a winner, the whole cast went for it and did a great job. Lucy, Maze, Douche, Amenadiel, and Linda were flawless in their roles. Perhaps Chloe could have removed the big wooden pole from her backside a bit more often but hey, she looked good. Its strange how good shows like this get chopped and absolute rubbish like IZombie keeps getting renewed and its really really rubbish.
415 out of 594 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
How to spend millions on cheesy galore
shiranai-7377012 August 2018
Lucifer is good from the cinematic view, but that's about it. The story is so cheesy you sometimes have to cringe. And worst of all they manage to underbid their own cheesiness when you even thought they couldn't. The devil helps a LAPD detective and falls in love ... Jeezus puhlease. Who even remotely thinks "Oh cool lets produce it".

If I was an actor for this series, I don't know if I had to laugh, cry or just be tempted to quit every time I read the script. Seriously this is one series you can skip without batting an eye. Thank god (pun intended) this show got cancelled, cause it's really a waste of time, talent and money. You're better off watching your neighborhood from the window than a whole season of this cr...
158 out of 219 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Tried
pavioc1630 July 2018
If you have read the graphic novel, this show is essentially ruined... I'd like to say I went through the entire first season, but I couldn't do it. I don't, to be clear, dislike this because it's different from the comics... It's a different format, so differences are expected and things can be good on their own...

But, to be frank, the characters are bland and uninteresting. What they did to Lucifer is bad, turning him into a sleazy ***, but what they did to Mazikeen is incomprehensible... I have never seen such an interesting character so neutered, and the relationship between Lucifer and Mazikeen was truly unique in the novels. It was vaguely disturbing to watch. I'd watch iZombies if you want an interesting supernatural cop procedural, and read the original novel Lucifer! At least those things are worth your time...
152 out of 211 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
why
jnoosa7 April 2018
I enjoyed this the first season as light entertainment , second season just bad writing and new characters like the mother bad story lines with acting stopped watching it , last night had it on in back ground beyond far fetched and cant understand why this is still on sadly as did enjoy the first season alot when they added the mother beside bad acting and dread full story lines 3rd season had writing on the wall and then it is cancelled i just note as it tom'sbirthday it is back on for 2019 wow
107 out of 146 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No Growth!
jimewitt26 March 2018
What was once amusing about this show has become annoying. Since the main character is supposed to be an angel you would expect the childish behavior from the beginning season to at least slightly mature. It is as if he is absolutely clueless. The amusement has worn off!
95 out of 129 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
stale
timhigham5 April 2018
I watched half of the first season but it became repetitive and cheesy. Acting is a little wooden from some of the cast, and Lucifer is not threatening at all.

Shame.
97 out of 132 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really, really bad acting. Really cliche
nicebuds-976572 June 2019
Not sure how this gets 8.2. The acting is terrible, I mean. TERRIBLE. The show itself is a joke. The only good thing about this show is Tom Ellis and Lucifers quips are kinda funny. Detective Decker is up with the worst of the actors. All the police sirens at nearly every police scene is annoying. We get it. Its a cop scene
50 out of 65 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Castle ripoff
mariangella21 June 2018
Lauren German seems to have spend numerous hours watching the ways of Kate Beckett, but has failed completely in an attempt to be a new her.

The "acting" is painfull to watch, better have a go at a painted wall waiting to dry, far more exciting.

I should reward myself for suffering for through 5 episode of this travesty.
69 out of 92 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lucifer not quite
carpaltunnel-3846129 November 2017
Shouldn't Lucifer be a manipulative compulsive liar? Though he can still be funny, witty yet wicked, uses sarcasm as comedy, and can be caught cheating to make him a likable character. Take the likes of Jack Sparrow or the Joker. This Lucifer here not only tells the hard truth instead, but also says to you his real name.
130 out of 180 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Canceled??
boni75511 May 2018
Are you kidding me! Why would they do. The show is great. They keep renewing these other shows that stink

Look at Timeless they canceled and the fans were outraged and they brought it back
383 out of 554 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Painfully embarrassing for all involved
phignett@hotmail.com9 February 2019
I don't understand how this was made with a straight face by anyone involved as it's truly awful, although my wife likes it so some people might enjoy it. I think the lucifer character is part Carry On character part Austin powers and part Jonny Depp which I love all of these but in a generic US program with a poor script, poor actors and an awful lead with an accent so annoying I can't listen without getting mad that anyone didn't say to him, You sound stupid stop doing it. I think if you like gossip girl and trash like that then you will like this, otherwise steer clear.
80 out of 108 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I am stomped
RayneLanfier117 January 2019
I've been unable to get into this TV show. It's like the creators of seventh heaven decided to go devil instead of God. First of all... he's bloody lucifer... who went and dubbed him mister Goody Twoo Shoes. Second... that actress... she can't act if it saved her life... after three seasons she still sucks. I'm sorry, the exaggerated expressions, the overacting it's.. to say it kindly... annoying. Ive tried it for a while, even tried to jump in a bit further down the road, season three... and it just never changed. Lucifer has issue... lucifer solves murder... murder happens to contain moral lesson linked to issue... lucifer sees the light. So I fail to understand why this show gets an overall 4 star review... I like my shows, complicated, realistic, gritty and yes each has their own taste.. so not condemning anyone for their choice. But when really good shows get cancelled after 1 season ( I actually liked moonlight 2007, the Dresden files, ... etc) and those shove morals down your throat shows can keep going, it really annoys me...
80 out of 108 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Extremely superficial
neha_muzaffar3 August 2018
Nothing is genuine about this show. It's so damn typical and boring because of it's extremely overdone themes.
159 out of 223 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Soap opera
gouravbbl21 February 2021
Just same old detective crime solving nothing new there are like 100s of american shows like this with just a little different stories
111 out of 153 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
"Oh My Me!!"-Lucifer
aidan-3628830 May 2021
This is such a good show and I am glad it was picked up by Netflix. The finale of season 5 is fantastic and I'm so happy there is going to be a season 6.
29 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really?
TheReprobate3 September 2017
8,3/10? Really? Are people really this easily pleased? That is...disappointing. Because what we have with "Lucifer" is a below average police procedural with a cheap gimmick. Nothing unusual there, that's usually how those kind of TV-shows work. But most of those are called out on it. For some reason, this one is being outrageously praised for its shortcomings.

The titular character of "Lucifer Morningstar" (as he outright tells just about everyone he meets, with all the class and mystique of a Las Vegas street performer who's off his meds) is how the devil would be, as imagined by the least imaginative person on earth. He's predictable, vulgar and cheesy with essentially no REAL self-awareness. Oh, the show pretends that they're hamming it up in a fun, ironic way. But it's pretty obvious they're just churning out another barely mediocre procedural with as little effort as possible.

The sad thing is, I would probably have enjoyed the concept if it has been executed with some actual talent and genuine panache. They could have played with the idea of the devil walking the street of L.A., solving crimes and it would have been a fun little diversion. But unfortunately, they forgot to bring the subtlety and quality writing. So instead we're left with this shrine to the lowest common denominator.
104 out of 143 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So overhyped & it's a copy of Dexter!
thekingkaran15 September 2020
Really what's new? The Devil & hell concept. So superficial. Give me something worthy that i can invest my time on. Not these boring storylines ripping off Dexter-like crime solving scenes.

People liking these average shows & being satisfied with them is bizarre. No way Lucifer is unique, its boring and pure fantasy based. It's always so easy to identify & spot the killer. Where's the thrill & suspense factor? Storyline of devil is so childish & laughable.

Dexter is the OG show of crime-solving scenes and with a crisp of ACTUAL STORYLINE revolving around as well. Every season of it is a thriller, you never who's the killer and in the end you're up for a surprise.

LUCIFER IS A WASTE OF TIME!!! Bogus.
145 out of 203 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.