Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 17 items
Sex & Nudity
- A girl takes off her shirt in the background (there is no nudity) and a character turns another's characters head to make him stop staring at the girl.
- There is a kissing seen.
- No nudity, no sex scenes
Violence & Gore
- A teen boy is caught in between a door being pulled by cranks on one side and his friends on the other. He's bitten somewhere in the chaos, and you can see bloody marks on his stomach. Afterwards, his entire body turns pale and he lifts up his shirt, showing his grey swollen stomach covered with a slimy substance, slightly disturbing. His face turns pale grey and he pukes up a strange red and blackish liquid. Later on, he's handed a gun, then the other people walk away when a gunshot is heard and his suicide is implied. This is one of the most disturbing/emotional scenes in the movie.
- A girl is pinned down and bit by a zombie on the leg. Her injury is shown later showing a grey, swollen patch with a small amount of blood. All the zombie bites, including this one are like Griever stings from the first movie. There are very few changes.
- One of the two boys are struck by lightning (but recovers a few minutes later).
- People are shot by taser-like guns, leaving them to collapse to the ground and tremble as their body begins to be electrocuted. This happens various times throughout the movie.
- A woman is shot, showing some blood soaking her shirt, and brief blood on a wall behind her.
- Many people are shot and killed (mostly implied- hearing lots of gunshots and shows bodies dropping.)
- The zombies are shown quite a lot with full images of their faces being hard to notice as the fly by quickly. Blood covers some of their mouths and their faces look mangled.
- A man is shown tied to a chair with a bloody swollen eye being beat up (lots of blood) until he gives another man information.
- At least 16 "s" words, 18 hells, 5 asses, 4 damns, 2 S.O.B.s, 3 uses of "Jesus," 2 of "God" and 1 use each of "My God" and "Oh my God."
- One obscene gesture (giving someone the finger).
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Two teens are bribed into drinking, they experience hallucinations and blurry vision.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The Scorch houses thousands of zombie-like creatures named 'Cranks.' These are formed by getting bitten by another Crank. They appear frequently throughout the movie, especially in dark rooms and areas. (jump scares)
- One of the most frightening scenes is a tunnel underground full of cranks. The tension builds until it's obvious something is going to jump until a tiny mouse appears, a crank flies out of nowhere, eats the mouse, and then starts chasing the teens.
Sex & Nudity
- There is a scene after Thomas and Brenda escape, when they are going into Marcus' house into a party. Woman can be seen in their bras and underwear, seductively dancing around. These scene lasts for a few minutes.