As Oliver, Arsenal, and Diggle pursue a killer named Digger Harkness, they encounter an ARGUS team; Oliver and the Flash team up to try and stop Harkness.As Oliver, Arsenal, and Diggle pursue a killer named Digger Harkness, they encounter an ARGUS team; Oliver and the Flash team up to try and stop Harkness.As Oliver, Arsenal, and Diggle pursue a killer named Digger Harkness, they encounter an ARGUS team; Oliver and the Flash team up to try and stop Harkness.
Here are my notes:
* generally I have been a big fan of Arrow as my prior reviews show. I have criticized, and will criticize until someone listens, their over-use of flashbacks. I grew up with David Carradine in Kung Fu so I am no stranger to flashbacks. But this writing team needs to go cold turkey with a 7 step program before they hurt someone
* fave episode so far -- the "secret origins of Felicity Smoak" - seriously cool
* before continuing, let us do something different, (a la Monty Python) and peek behind the scenes. Forget the Dems and the Republicans, Google and Microsoft, the real battle is between DC and Disney/Marvel. Both have imported a truckload of MBAs with the sole mission to monetize every hero, slogan, weapon, idea, motto, dustmop, broom and deli sandwich in the archives.
* both teams have already had misses. Superman has been redone so many times even his mother wouldn't recognize him. And I mean both mothers. And Nolan's ode to Batman involved ageing the poor guy into senility. Nothing good will come of that. Over at Marvel, their smartest move, one of the smartest in the history of the art world, was to bring in Team Whedon. Which lead to Avengers 1 and AGENTS OF SHIELD. So far. And they are just warming up
* when did Nick Fury become a black man?
* I am not a fan of FLASH (think a huge casting error was made, or they sold out whatever integrity was left to pre-teens) and I also have some issues with AGENT CARTER.
* I absolutely have problems with the "forced pairing" of Flash and Arrow, and especially the horrid speech where Arrow explains to the Flash the difference between their cities. Don't look now, but the suits just took over the production and that NEVER ends well. That speech will live in infamy I think
* I am astonished that earlier reviewer for this 'sode said it was "fun." To replay the most risqué (and most overlooked) line from Whedon's Avengers 1, "I think you and I remember this episode very differently"
- Jan 28, 2015