Just Add Magic (TV Series 2015– ) Poster

(2015– )

Can we watch the next episode?
jpeterban2 February 2015
Awesome. Great story! Immediately after the show ended my kids (all four of them -- ages 15, 14, 12 and 9) asked to watch the next episode. However, only the pilot is available. When will we get the rest? They're eager to see them. For what it's worth, never have ALL of my kids liked the same show! My oldest daughter thought "it was cool." My youngest daughter repeatedly asked if this was going to be scary. I told her I wasn't sure. (She loves scary shows.) I think she was excited by the uncertainty of the storyline. Franky, so was I. Also, I was amazed that both of my sons enjoyed the show as well. I think they were intrigued by the magic aspect of the story. Everyone is now sitting here on the couch wondering when we'll be able to see the rest.
19 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 3 PLEASE
amisnewemail25 June 2017
Such a great kids show. Instead of the usual over-acting that plagues Disney and Nickelodeon you have great actors all around with a plot that keeps you guessing. They all have really fleshed out characters and real feeling relationships. It's moral, they learn from their mistakes, try to make things right. You just don't get a show like this for kids anymore.
11 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great show
mrsbrewer721 January 2016
I have 3 boys ages 9, 11, 13. A lot of the shows they like I'm not quite as impressed with. We stumbled upon this show a couple weeks ago and we have watched episodes as time and homework allow. As boys I wasn't sure they would like it but they wanted to give it a shot and we are all so glad for it. Even as boys they were immediately drawn into the storyline. They didn't care that the main characters were girls. The characters were interesting and kept my boys guessing and hypothesizing about intentions. The young girl actors were surprisingly good. So much better than what we find on Disney or Nick nowadays. I really hope to see them in more projects...and in more seasons of "Just Add Magic". The value of friendship and family is strong in each episode. And each episode had a moral or lesson but they didn't hit you over the head with it. They were situations that my kids could generally relate to.

We were disappointed when we watched the season finale. Not because of the show, but because it was the finale. We really hope the show comes back for another season! We need more magic!
16 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
"Just add Magic" is a great family friendly show that we all enjoyed!
ckalwaysbusy25 January 2015
We watched "Just add Magic" as a family tonight, with my two youngest Boy 10 & Girl 12. The first thing the kids said after the first show ended was, "Lets watch the next one!" That's when we realized we had just watched the pilot preview. Right away they went online to see when the next upcoming episodes would be airing. As a parent what I liked the most about this new show, were the values & lessons taught, that the 11 year old female characters in the show look and act their age, and the subject matter was just good, clean old fashion innocent family TV viewing for once! No gore, lust, immodesty or language. I also liked the fact that three tween-agers were actually nice to one another, and everyone else. Little to no cattiness! What there was, was addressed and attitude problems solved. From my 12 yr old daughter; ~ Kept our attention during the whole program ~ Siblings acted like real siblings. ~ The suspense & cliff hangers left you wanting more! 10 year old son; ~ When the kids were kind and generous to others, good things happened, and lessons were learned. ~ It had magic, but fun happy magic, and not scary gory magic or things that would give you nightmares. ~ I liked that kids my age did great cooking, and that their families let them do it by themselves in the kitchen like you let us do.
24 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Magic
gerard_mcg10 August 2015
Three friends stumble upon a grandmother's mysterious cookbook in the attic and get more than they bargained for via accidentally discovering some far from ordinary recipes with unexpected consequences. Highly recommended for kids aged 7-11. My daughter (age 9) absolutely loved the pilot and keeps asking me when the next episode will be. She watched it with her little sister (age 3) who also enjoyed it though not as much. This is good family entertainment with a great story, well acted with a good blend of (a little) magic and has a good lesson in there too without being preachy. You can easily leave the kids to watch this on their own without fear and is also not formulaic like a lot of shows targeted at this age group. Like the other reviewers, we tried to find out further information online about future episodes but, unfortunately, we can't find anything. Fingers crossed they will give the series a go!
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great mystery/fantasy plot.
cecegill28 February 2016
Give me MORE! Can't wait for next season's Return! Great writing and super cast. You had me hooked at first episode. Next episodes more interesting than the last. Even the cinematography is superb. Nice family fun plot line, everyone can enjoy it. Hope that it does get picked up for next season...I think there should be more series like this available. Sick to death of reality TV that has nothing to do with reality anyway. When I watch TV, it's to step away from reality. This series is family friendly and just fun. Hope everyone sees this and watches so they don't cancel another good show. It's getting so there isn't enough good shows to have families watch.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Charming and heart warming.
meleager11 June 2017
If anyone would have told me I would get hooked on after a cheesy, American, "family" TV show, I would have been laughing my head off. Well, I started watching this one in order to proofread the Bulgarian subtitles on the 1-st episode. After I finished it, I simply forgot my original task and continued watching, until the whole 1st season was gone.

It's quite childish and cheesy, no doubt, but the girls are so cute and charming, one simply cannot resist them. Not to mention the flawless acting of all the members of the cast.

Great watch for any child, no matter the age. :)
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Mom who loved this show!
raqueluz19 January 2016
I usually like to watch TV with my girls 9 and 10, to spend time together, but I try to pick shows other than cartoons, that we can all enjoy, more like movies or series. I have to say that this has been one of the best shows I've seen so far besides Mermaids H2O. It is so interesting how it involves the kids, cooking, mystery, suspense, etc. We were so caught up in it that we watched 10 episodes in a row because neither my girls nor me could get up from the couch and we kept saying, just one more!...LOL!

In conclusion, all I can say is that is worth giving it a try because adults can enjoy it just as much or more than kids, at least I do! Feel tempted to try some of the magical recipes...LOL! Can't wait for the next season!
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love the show!! Can't wait for more.
nataliesimon-5453622 September 2015
My girls 8 and 10 can't wait to see more. They saw it a couple days ago and can't wait to find out when new episodes will be added. My girls love creative shows that include intelligent young girls with healthy attitudes about life and family. I really love the way Amazon puts these out in order to get the publics opinion on new shows but at the same time, when we love a show, we can't help but be impatient to see more. Looking forward to more "All about Magic." My girls 8 and 10 can't wait to see more. They saw it a couple days ago and can't wait to find out when new episodes will be added. My girls love creative shows that include intelligent young girls with healthy attitudes about life and family. I really love the way Amazon puts these out in order to get the publics opinion on new shows but at the same time, when we love a show, we can't help but be impatient to see more. Looking forward to more "All about Magic."
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waiting for new season
divyanigupta15 July 2018
Awesome season..i'm not a kid but this season is mind refreshing episode, no need to worry about real life. I love watching these kinds of season
Great Family Show!
ttaylor-6713816 July 2017
My family, husband, 6 year old daughter and 4 year old son, love this show. Everyone enjoyed the story line and suspense. We loved it so much we watched both seasons again! The twists and turns of the characters and their magical cooking were good wholesome family fun. Really hope that this show continues! We LOVE it!
Amazing Show
camtayloct24 January 2017
Just add magic is an Amazon prime show about three curious girls making recipes from Kelly's grandmother's creepy, magical cookbook which Kelly and her friends found in the attic of her house.Just to Summarize it one sentence Kelly Quinn finds her grandmother's cookbook in the attic and discovers some strange recipes.No one else knows the truth behind the book except the evil witch that gave Kelly's grandmother and her friends the book. When Kelly's grandmothers friends got the book they would put spells on each-other and the spells were: Mama P = Couldn't leave the city/town Ms. Silvers = cant play the piano in public Kelly's Grandmother = Confusing to tell. On the final episode of season 1 they all lose the spells but one person lost their spell and that person was under a spell for a reason. Watch season 2 to find out what happens next...
8 year old hooked
philipjhumphries20 January 2019
My 8 yr old granddaughter is hooked. I like the fact that the main 3 girls are not ultra beautiful and perfect. Ordinary girls like real life?
Great show.
ruth-noemi-maldonado27 December 2018
Love it, want to see more of it. Need to see what's next for this characters. Wish was easier to find shows like this one.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nothing could be better than this show
oliviafordham9 December 2018
This show has many different encounters over all the seasons. They are mysterious, intriguing, and very suspenseful. I have watched this show over and over again and keeper noticing more and more things about the mysteries they are trying to solve. Waiting for the next has been a nightmare for me because I can not wait to see what the creators of just add magic could possibly come up with to make this show even better because it is already the greatest show I have ever watched and really truly after watching this show it has changed my life. Thank you to all of the cast of just add magic and everybody who has put work into the show because I know a show is good when I cry because I just finished the very last episode!
Fantastic Family show
ncb08304 November 2018
Such a great show for families! I thought it might be cheesy but I was as hooked as my kids!! We have loved all the episodes and I have loved the lessons they teach. I cannot wait for more episodes!!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A FAMILY MUST WATCH!!! We loved it!!
fallon-7008514 October 2018
We love this show !!! My girls want to watch more !! Does anyone know if there would be a season 4? My girls are 9 and 6 n I'm in my 30s n I even enjoyed it!!!
Loved it
janesingleton-6045922 September 2018
My kids loved it and so did I! I found myself going ahead and watching without them!
Wonderful magical show
rejjiews-8674513 July 2018
I'm a grandmother who loves these kind of shows! Call me silly but I got hooked during the 1st season. It's refreshing. I'm hoping they do a 4th season. I watched all seasons on Amazon prime.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Family drama for pre teens and young kids
samitntina3 March 2018
Very well written series on Amazon Prime.

My kids are glued to the series and look forward to every new episode. Kid friendly but with meaningful content and intrigue. Kudos to the writers and directors. The kid protagonists are very believable and add to the magic.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun for the kids, but also fascinating for adults
jwkenne30 January 2017
It really doesn't matter how old you are; if you are not allergic to fantasy, you can enjoy "Just Add Magic". The cast is first-rate, and the writing displays a level of craft that is all too rare on American television. Episodes flow from one to another, and characters do not behave foolishly just to advance the plot. There is a strong mythology behind this tale, but, even after two seasons, there are still a good many questions left unanswered.

In some ways, "Just Add Magic" reminds me of "Babylon 5", and not just by the presence of the remarkable Mira Furlan in the cast. The good guys have been known to make mistakes, the bad guys are given serious motivations for their actions, and sometimes it's difficult to be quite certain just who the good guys and bad guys are in the first place. The adult actors are especially to be commended for their commitment to telling this story, and not letting the fact that it's aimed at kids be an excuse for half-hearted performances.
Annoying and unoriginal
pinkarray26 September 2016
I guess I am too old for this show. I am not fond of cooking shows and the girls can be thoughtless and sarcastic. It just didn't have an intelligent storyline and the characters were superficially written. Abby Donnelly and Olivia Sanabia seem to make up for its childish writing but they still have their moments where their portrayal and delivery of dialogue can get annoying.

This show is childish and corny. It's about a sarcastic girl, and her sister-like relationship with her best friends who are cooking for their grandmother's birthday. I guess 7-mid teens is probably the demographic.

The writing and execution could've been better.
3 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It was almost good.
invisibleunicornninja3 April 2018
I have seen series one and two.

Season One - This season is entertaining and clever. I had fun watching it. The effects were good and this version of magic was interesting.

Season Two - Everything about this is terrible. Maybe I didn't notice it in series one, or maybe they actually did get a massive budget cut. The acting is terrible and unconvincing. The script is atrocious. The effects are terrible. Everything about this movie feels cringy and fake. There is nothing about this season that is done well.

I would maybe recommend season one to a child - maybe. I would not recommend season two to anyone.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lightweight kids show with some decent messages
Sabalon21 March 2018
I was told about this show because of the magic component to it. I'm obviously not the target demographic, but it has an interesting storyline, usually has a good message to it. Full of cheesy humor, but there have been a few genuine laugh out loud moments. As for the acting, the main kid characters do a pretty good job, but the adult actors take you out of it. Their acting is so wooden and tends to kill the scene when they are in it.

The music can be a little cheesy when they start cooking their recipes, and they usually have one of these cheesy scenes per episode. But there is something hilarious when they say "We need to cook." making me think of young teen Walter Whites.

Overall a good show with some good role model characters for young girls.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.