Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 32 items
Sex & Nudity
- A woman miscarries. Graphic, may upset viewers.
- A man is blind folded and tied up by his wife during sex.
- A woman finds her husband nude in bed with another man.
- Most sex scenes contain full nudity and are often very graphic.
- A man is a womanizer.
- Two men engage in sexual acts.
- A man rapes his wife.
- Graphic childbirth scene.
- A man tells another man to fuck him.
Violence & Gore
- Entire show contains graphic violence and realistic gore.
- A man is clubbed to death. Very graphic.
- It is implied a man is drawn and quartered.
- A man is stabbed to death in the eye.
- A man attempts to drown a baby. He is stopped.
- A woman slits her wrists. She is later found dead.
- A woman miscarries. She is seen covered in blood and screaming while nurses aid her.
- During an episode, the main characters discuss how they will kill the Queen's newborn baby. They are later seen attempting to drown it. They give up and preform a fake funeral for it, and inform others it died. Later on it actually dies of unknown natural causes.
- A man is poisoned. He chokes to death on his own blood. Very graphic.
- An episode focuses on the murder of a family. We see a little girl shot and killed. This particular scene is replayed through out the first season as it is a key plot point. Scene can upset viewers.
- A woman is poisoned. She wakes another character to reveal that she is coved in her own blood. She later is seen slowly dying. We hear her screaming through out the episode. Very graphic and emotional.
- A woman is beheaded by her lover. Very graphic.
- Multiple uses of fuck.
- A man calls a woman a cunt, she then calls him a prick.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The series has an overall intense tone.
- A main character is poisoned. Before she passes out, in a series of point of view shots, we see her shaking and blurring te scene before her. The scene is intensified by what is going on around her, as both her husband and lover are dressed the same and are blurring together in her mind.
- A man has a breakdown from PTSD after returning from war.
- Death of a child is heavy topic in an episode. Can upset viewers.
- The king's son held hostage by a group of nobles who are against him.
- A woman slowly dies from poisoning. Very emotional.
- Two main characters fight verbally often.
- A man is informed his lover has been arrested for treason and is to be executed, moments later he is informed that his wife has lost their baby. This results in a nervous breakdown later on in the episode.
Sex & Nudity
- Within three minutes of the first episode, a man and woman are seen engaging in sex. (It is later revealed that the woman the man is with, is not the woman he is married to.)