Sonic the Hedgehog (2020)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 19 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for action, some violence, rude humor and brief mild language.|
Sex & Nudity
- A male and female share a light kiss in celebration. Nothing else.
- When Sonic is being searched by Dr. Robotnik, a character says he's not in the mood to get probed, to which sonic replies: "You think you're worried? I'm not even wearing pants."
- Dr. Robotnik say to a soldier that he will check his search history.
Violence & Gore
- Dr. Robotnik has machines and drones with missiles and bullets that were mostly aimed at Sonic
- A man shoots Sonic in the leg with a tranquilizer gun. It is comedic.
- One of Robotnik's drones cuts the top half of a car whilst it is moving. A family are driving in another car and they experience an electrical surge causing their car to spin on the road and causing panick within the car.
- A bar fight starts, causing people to throw punches at one another. A man gets thrown through the same bar window in two separate scenes. It is mainly slapstick.
- In two separate scenes, Dr Robotnik gets punched in the face.
- 1x "Hella", 1x "Who the hell", and 1x "Son of a-" (cuts off before the profanity is said), 1x "What the f-" (cuts off before the profanity is said, but with a slight "f" sound)
- One Innuendo: Dr Robotnik releases scores of egg shaped drones and commands them to fly, and as they do so, he says "Look what my eggsack produced", which is an obvious reference to male genitalia. Despite the suggestive nature of the line, it is played for laughs.
- 1x "What the f-" which is cut off with a slight "f" sound
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- There's a scene that takes place in a bar. Alcohol is shown, but no one is shown drunk.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Dr. Robotnik's drones and machines shoot missiles and bullets causing explosions.
- Epilepsy Warning: Whenever sonic uses his powers during the night he emits lightning that strobes. While this doesn't go on for very long it can affect photosensitive viewers.
- Two people are thrown off a high tower building in an attempt to save them from Dr Robotnik. They are eventually saved but at the very last second.
- Sonic is knocked out by an explosion. He ends up being fine.
- Scenes can be intense but have no lasting impact.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- At the start, Sonic's owl guardian/parental figure is shot in the chest with an arrow, then tell Sonic (a tiny kid) to run through a portal on his own. He runs, then turns back in time to see the owl about to be attacked by the same people who shot her moments back. He runs toward her, but the portal closes. It's implied the owl probably dies.
- Toward the end of the 3rd act, Robotnik manages to knock Sonic out. His fur is roughed up and dirty. Everyone thinks he's dead, and Robotnik says they ought to get ice to keep the body cold (since he's said earlier that he plans to take Sonic to dissect.). That, plus the fact Sonic appears dead, could be upsetting to younger kids.