Sonic the Hedgehog (2020)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 25 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for action, some violence, rude humor and brief mild language.|
Sex & Nudity
- Tom's wife wears clothes that reveals cleavage, throughout the movie.
Violence & Gore
- Dr. Robotnik has machines and drones with missiles and bullets aimed at Sonic.
- One of Robotnik's drones cuts the top half of a car whilst it is moving. A family are driving in another car and they experience an electrical surge causing their car to spin on the road and causing panic within the car.
- A bar fight starts, causing people to throw punches at one another. A man gets thrown through the same bar window in two separate scenes. It is mainly slapstick.
- In two separate scenes, Dr Robotnik gets punched in the face.
- Sonic gets shot by a laser beam and ends up falling down a building. He hits several branches of a tree and then hits the ground. However, he survives this.
- People are punched and some are hit hard, and one man is given a wedgie.
- Tom and Robotnik engage in a brief fistfight during the climax. No blood is seen at any point during the film.
- During a scene where Robotnik chases Sonic throughout San Francisco, Robotnik fires laser beams and misses Sonic, hitting driving cars, followed by their destruction, implying many people have died
- 2 uses of hell (each by Robotnik), multiple abuses of God's name and name calling throughout.
- One cut-off of "son of a-," but the phrase is incomplete.
- "What the-" can be heard a couple of times.
- Sonic is referred to as "the blue devil."
- A character says ''sacre bleu," which is ''Damn it" in French.
- The one character blaphemeses by saying, "little Lord baby Jesus" when they get scared.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Tom is seen drinking a beer. Robotnik also references drunkenness early in the film.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Epilepsy Warning: Whenever sonic uses his powers during the night he emits lightning that strobes. While this doesn't go on for very long it can affect photosensitive viewers.
- Two people are thrown off a high tower building in an attempt to save them from Dr Robotnik. They are eventually saved but at the very last second.
- Sonic is knocked out by an explosion. He ends up being fine.
- At the start, Sonic's owl guardian/parental figure is shot in the chest with an arrow, then tell Sonic (a tiny kid) to run through a portal on his own. He runs, then turns back in time to see the owl about to be attacked by the same people who shot her moments back. He runs toward her, but the portal closes. It's implied the owl probably dies.
- Toward the end of the 3rd act, Robotnik manages to knock Sonic out. His fur is roughed up and dirty. Everyone thinks he's dead, and Robotnik says they ought to get ice to keep the body cold (since he's said earlier that he plans to take Sonic to dissect.). That, plus the fact Sonic appears dead, could be upsetting to younger kids.
- An explosion wipes out the whole town's electricity. The noise may be alarming to some.
- Sonic pushes Tom and Maddie off a building, however he saves them afterwards.
- Sonic flosses
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Sonic's old character model